Workout shoes

The People Trimmer

A place for scrapbookers to "trim" off the pounds.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The People Trimmer LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2013, 05:07 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What brand of shoes do you workout in?
Are they a specialty shoe (walking, running, aerobics, etc) or just a general tennis shoe?
Do you like them?
If not, what do you dislike about them?
Do you tie them a special way or just normal? (See the article I posted in the sign up thread: Running Shoe Lacing Techniques | katieRUNSthis)

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 7th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm horrible about shoes....hate wearing them. Since all I use is the eliptical I actually wear a pair of slip on mule type shoes....they are a tennis shoe kinda thing but no heal

March 7th, 2013, 12:47 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
What brand of shoes do you workout in? Danskin Now from Walmart
Are they a specialty shoe (walking, running, aerobics, etc) or just a general tennis shoe? I believe they are just walking shoes
Do you like them? They are ok
If not, what do you dislike about them? occasionally my toes go numb
Do you tie them a special way or just normal? (See the article I posted in the sign up thread: Running Shoe Lacing Techniques | katieRUNSthis) No, though I will check out the link. I also dont think I have them tied tight enough

Once I get more serious about this running thing, like after my first 5k, Id like to get real running shoes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
March 7th, 2013, 02:22 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What brand of shoes do you workout in? Mine are Spalding.
Are they a specialty shoe (walking, running, aerobics, etc) or just a general tennis shoe? I bought them 10 years ago when I started teaching dance classes (I also taught an aerobics class once a week). They only got worn 1 day a week for about 8 months of the year for about a year and a half. I think they were either an aerobics shoe or a walking shoe.
Do you like them? Not near as much now as I did when I first bought them. Hoping to get a new par next weekend.
If not, what do you dislike about them? They just seem really bulky and they are really loose in the ball of my foot area.
Do you tie them a special way or just normal? (See the article I posted in the sign up thread: Running Shoe Lacing Techniques | katieRUNSthis) I tie them in a special way as I was having trouble with my toes going numb (especially on the elliptical). I use the high instep lacing method on the site.

Robin - I would definitely give some of the other lacing techniques a try! It definitely helped with my toes going numb problem!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Last edited by babyloves2dance; March 7th, 2013 at 02:26 PM.
March 7th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
What brand of shoes do you workout in? I bought them at Target, no idea who brand they are.
Are they a specialty shoe (walking, running, aerobics, etc) or just a general tennis shoe? They're running shoes. Light with mesh across the top
Do you like them? mostly yeah
If not, what do you dislike about them? they've got big treads on the bottom that my resistance band gets caught in.
Do you tie them a special way or just normal? (See the article I posted in the sign up thread: Running Shoe Lacing Techniques | katieRUNSthis) Just a double bow

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search