Peyton Jessica Faye

Stories from the Nest

Our Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By AshleighR

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stories from the Nest LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Badass
Peyton’s Birth Story

This is probably going to end up quite long unfortunately, but bear with me!

So on Thursday the 12th I had a doctors appointment, found I had a super high blood pressure and they forced me to stay the night and it went down and I was discharged.

Then Thursday the 19th I had another appointment and it was again really high and I had 2+ protein in my urine so I was forced to stay again and found I had pre-eclampsia. They only let me leave hospital because I promised to come in for daily blood pressure readings, which I did. However, before I was discharged I had a doctor exam me to see how everything was going on downstairs as my caesarean was due in a little under a week. Whilst down there she announced “Okay and now I’m going to stretch your cervix out” and before I could even stop and warn her that she is NOT allowed to do that it was too late and I was crying out in pain. I started lightly contracting and losing my mucus plug within the hour.

Saturday the 21st I continued having light contractions which were irritating as hell but when I went for my blood pressure test the midwife wasn’t too worried as they were still pretty irregular.

Sunday the 22nd they started getting a LOT more painful, lasted longer and were coming close together. By that point my mucus plug was coming out a LOT and was always bloodied. So when we went for that blood pressure reading (which came back fine) I told her what was going on and she suggested that she should take a look, I trusted her and said yes. Lo and behold she informs me that I am completely thinned and effaced and starting to dilate! She said “we wouldn’t be worried if this was someone having their second or third baby but since you are this far advanced and only on your first baby it means you are likely going to hit labour hard and VERY fast” she needed to talk to a doctor about getting an emergency caesarean done and left me and my partner to sit there and deal with the news that we could be about to meet our child. We both cried. She came back and informed us that there was a woman having her section before us but that we would be next and so my partner raced off to pick up my hospital bag and the baby bag.

Next thing I knew I was being wheeled off in a bed and told I’ll see my partner once the spinal is finished, what a scary moment. I was so terrified of the spinal but it really wasn’t that bad, the local anaesthetic they used to hook my IV line up hurt worse haha. Once that was in place my legs started feeling numb quick and then I was laid down and my partner came in, I was SO happy to see him and beyond paranoid that I would regain feeling back halfway through the operation. They ran ice down my belly and asked if I could feel it, I could but couldn’t feel the cold so I had a mild argument with the anaesthetist about what a silly test that was when a knife was nothing like ice and was then informed that they had already cut through the first layer! It is SUCH a strange feeling, I didn’t exactly like it and it felt uncomfortable but it wasn’t painful in the slightest so I tried to ignore it by squeezing my partners hand instead. Next second I hear “Feet, bum, belly, shoulders and a head!” as the baby was pulled out of me still comfortably laying breech. A few seconds after that I heard a faint wail and looked straight at my partner and we both started tearing up at the sound, it was so cute (I’d regret thinking that later). The surgeon lifted the baby over top of the sheets and asked us to see the gender, I almost had a hissy fit because there wasn’t actually enough time to see the genitals before he took the baby back over, but my partner saw and whispered “It’s Peyton” to me, what an emotional moment! They took her over to the table to do all the checks and I told Michael he had to leave me and go and pay attention to our daughter and comfort her and he reluctantly left my side, but man you should have seen the look of joy on his face. Stitching me back together seemed to take forever, it was so hard to be patient until Michael brought her over and lay her next to me, that was it I was a blubbering mess from there on out.

It’s only been 4 days since my surgery but I actually feel REALLY good about it all. I can walk around with relative ease now (every now and again I’ll feel something pulling), I barely take my pain medication at all and in general I can still be pretty active. Being home with her is an amazing feeling but it’s hard always being paranoid about EVERYTHING! Because she was such a tiny baby (6lbs 3 oz at 39 weeks gestation) she has pretty much no fat on her and so I’m constantly checking her temperature and making sure she is okay.

Here's a picture of her pouting in her sleep at only a day old, I couldn't help but fall in love with her instantly

Born at 9.57pm via emergency caesarean at a tiny 6lbs 3oz of cuteness
Mad-Watter and Skye10 like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search