Morgan Cameron's Birth

Stories from the Nest

Our Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stories from the Nest LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2013, 08:08 PM
I had just finished the last episode of Orange is the New Black when I started feeling the first of the contractions. They were painful, but still clocking in at 11 minutes apart. Determined to wait till my husband was finished at 6 I called up my sister to let her know she would be an aunt by tomorrow (and partly to talk about the new ending of scandal). It just so happened that Bill, my husband, called at 5 to let me know he was coming home early. Of course he wasn't thrilled I'd waited to let him know!!
Not wanting to head to the hospital, I told my husband I wanted to wait for just a little longer (he was itching to get over there as fast as possible; funny how they get more nervous than you sometimes!!). He put on some Josh Groban, and rubbed my feet while we practiced a form of meditation someone had told me about at zumba a few months ago (ask if you want more info, realllllly helped at times). Pretty soon I calmed down and we headed over. The main nurse was just finishing another delivery, but the 20 minutes we had to wait felt like an eternity! So weird how the contractions come in waves though, as soon as my nurse came in I felt a lull in the pain. Of course this was soon followed by the INTENSE feeling that I needed to relieve myself (felt like the fifth day of a total kale cleanse I went on a few years ago ). Nothing to be embarrassed about for anyone worried about this part. Trust me that is the least of your worries...
In truth the combination of my practiced breathing and the steady hand of the doctor helped the procedure zip by. The birth was exhausting, but nothing I hadn't prepared for with all my reading. Afterwords, I felt so accomplished I wanted to get ready for spin class...JK! When we got home my husband got out a new comforter from pottery barn that I had brought up a few times in the past weeks . I did wonder how much longer he'd had it waiting though...Hard to stay mad when you are sleeping that good! Morgan Cameron is a sweet 4 days old, and I'm cherishing every moment, nap, and breath we take together. Happy labor expecting mommies!!!

Last edited by DrAmA_MAmmA; November 4th, 2013 at 08:11 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search