My baby girl is here!

Sugar Babies

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 14 Post By Missa_Mae

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Sugar Babies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 08:27 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
My water ruptured on the 16th - although I had no idea that's what it was so I didn't worry right away, I kept thinking it was just discharge. As the night wore on it got to be more and more and although I wasn't soaking through a pad, I kept noticing how clear it was and knew it wasn't discharge. I woke up my SO and we went to the hospital at 2:30am. I wasn't freaking out, I was really expecting them to say "you're fine, go home" and didn't even think I was having a baby, thank God my SO grabbed my hospital bag (even though it was only 85% packed) ...

When we got to the hospital I started getting worried. I was seen right away. They did an U/S and baby girl was moving fine, sucking her thumb, and she had plenty of fluid around her. When they did the internal they told me my water ruptured and I was not leaving the hospital without my baby.

They waited on the pitocin because they wanted to see if I'd start labor on my own. I didn't and I was not dialated & my cervix was closed. Started Pitocin at 7am ... got my first epidural in the afternoon but it only worked for about an hour ... it was the worst pain EVER when it wore off, I was screaming, puking, sweating ... so the Doc re-did the epi & it worked (thank God!) Labor was going soooooo slow, I finally got to 10cm around 3:45 am and started pushing at 4. I wasn't expecting any pain since I had the epi but apparently the epi doesn't mask the pressure feeling when you're pushing ... that was hard. I pushed for almost 2 hours and she was born at 5:53am weighing 5lbs10oz. The NICU was there to check her out since she was a preemie (I was exactly 36 weeks) and she wasn't crying so I was panicking but as soon as they gave her to me, her eyes were wide open & she was looking around, just amazing.

After they took her up to the NICU they told me they had an OR set up for me for about 5-6 hours because they were expecting me to have a c-section! I am so glad they did not tell me that while I was in labor or I would have flipped. They then told me that her cord was wrapped around her neck twice, not tight but it was something they had to cut right away so my SO didn't get to cut the cord.

She was in the NICU the entire time in the hospital, which sucked because I wanted her in my room with me but she was on an IV for antibiotics since my water had been ruptured so long they wanted to prevent infection. Besides that she was perfectly fine, no breathing issues, her temp was steady, no feeding issues. I was discharged on Wed but we got to stay one night in the NICU suites with her since we hadn't been able to be with her a whole night. She was then discharged on Thurs and we finally came home!

This little girl has me wrapped around her finger already ... she is such a tiny peanut but so good. She's also got a TON of hair ... I cannot wait to put bows in it lol.

As a FTM I have to say that although my labor experience was scary because she was so early and it was such a long labor ... I am so glad I was able to experience pregnancy and birth. It really is something amazing.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

March 22nd, 2013, 08:39 AM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
So happy for you. I cannot wait to go through it all.

March 22nd, 2013, 09:03 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Glad you guys are at home finally!

March 22nd, 2013, 09:10 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! Glad you're both hoe and doing well! That's awesome it didn't end up in a c-section.
March 22nd, 2013, 09:44 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sooo happy for you! Thanks for sharing your story! I'm so glad that you didn't have to have a section, and that everyone is healthy and happy! Enjoy every second!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 22nd, 2013, 10:52 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!
March 22nd, 2013, 11:37 AM
linds2012's Avatar Expecting#1 (Due 4-15-13)
So happy for you!! Thanks for sharing your story! Glad you didn't have to have a c section- sorry labor was so long! And super glad baby Tessa is doing good!!
March 22nd, 2013, 12:18 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! That is SO exciting! im glad she is doing well!

March 22nd, 2013, 12:35 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
Congrats! Glad everything went well!

March 23rd, 2013, 08:05 AM
Super Mommy
Congrats Momma!!! I love all her hair as well!! So cute!!
March 24th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Veteran
So glad she's doing well! Congrats, momma!
March 24th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Mommy in the Making
Congratulations!!
March 24th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Tamimomof5's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats!
March 24th, 2013, 07:50 PM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
So happy for you and sweet baby Tessa! Thanks for sharing. Glad you are all doing well!
March 24th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!! I am glad you didn't end up with a c section. I can't wait to see pictures!
March 25th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!!

March 26th, 2013, 09:38 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!!!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
March 26th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww congratulations!! I can't wait!
March 27th, 2013, 01:18 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Congratulations!! I know it can be stressful being just a little early so I would have probably been talking myself out of being in labor at 36 weeks.

New picture in progress......

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search