Little guy ** photo added 4/10**

Sugar Babies

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 8 Post By bananamagic
  • 1 Post By HalfDozen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Sugar Babies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Veteran
After several trips to labor and delivery and my Dr saying it would likely happen anytime, at 38 weeks I was back for my weekly OB appt on Monday and still nothing. My Dr was on her way out of town that Friday for a week, and with no partners in her practice, I was looking at an on call Dr doing not only my c section but my tubal as well. Baby still breech and still having contractions daily, as close as 2-3 minutes apart the day before, but they spread out and stopped. My Dr said she would not stop labor or send me home if I went in again. There was concern based on my previous deliveries that even if I wasn't dialated when I went in, once I started I would go super fast (about 45 minutes for both from 1cm to baby). So anytime I had frequent contractions, I was to head in and not wait.

That night contractions started getting closer together - up to 6-7 minutes apart, and altho not terribly intense, Dr said it did not matter. She wanted me in before I was too far along. So we packed up the kids and bags and off we went.

Got to the hospital at 8:20pm. Contractions once I hooked up to monitor were about 5 mins apart. They planned to watch me for a bit then call my Dr back (she had let them know I was coming) and she may wait til morning to do c section. Then my contractions took a turn and got a lot worse quickly. Dr was called and I was prepped for surgery.

They moved pretty quickly and I had a full staff of Drs and nurses ready to go. My kids came in to wish me luck and I was off. I had a spinal which was really wierd since I have never even had an epidural. I was so nervous I was shaking the whole time. It went well and I got numb really quick. Thankfully they gave me something for nausea as I felt like I was going to get sick. They got my husband and it was started. I didn't have to have my hands strapped down, just promised to keep them where they needed to be. It seemed like it took forever to get him out. He was wedged in pretty good and I don't think the version would have worked. He didn't cry when they first took him out but did after suction. He was born at 10:44pm, only 2 hours 20 min after I got there. I got play by play from DH and Anethesiologist. DH went over to cut cord and be with Colton and I waited for again what seemed like forever then there he was by my head. My perfect little guy. I gave hm a quick kiss and he was off with nurse and DH to get checked out. The rest of my surgery seemed like it would never end. One by one Drs and nurses congratulated me and left. I wanted to move soooo bad. Mine took a little longer due to tubal and checking for my fibroid which ended up being leftover endometriosis. Finally I was closed up and taken to recovery.

When I got there I was shaking so bad from surgery. I couldn't stop for over an hour. I waited for it to get better before I had my kids come in (including the baby). My older two got to see Colton on his way to the nursery but they didn't get to hold him until they were in the room with me. They were both so excited. Colton was everything I could have imagined and more. Finally about 3am they all left and Colton went down to the nursery so I could try to rest. I ended up not sleeping until 6am and then for only one hour. Every time I moved I threw up.

The next day we kept kids home from school and they spent the day with Colton and me. I was feeling a little better and able to get out of bed. I was very uncomfortable but loved spending time with all my children. The following day I was able to move around on my own. I got up to walk more. I started getting burning pain on my right side which still is there today. It made it difficult to get in and out of bed. I did sleep a little more the other two nights.

We came home on Thursday and it has been challenging (he was up until 4-4:30am first two nights) but last night was better. He is fitting right in to our family and is just the sweetest little guy. I can't imagine life without him here.

I do have to say, after going thru c section and some recovery, if given the choice I would much prefer a vaginal delivery. I have a good threshold for pain but not so much for surgery stuff. I am still having the burning on right side of incision almost every time I move but after I get rid of that I think I will be much better. DH has been an incredible help doing all the nightime feedings (I am bottlefeeding due medical breast tissue problems). Older kids helpful but a bit nervous while he is so small. DD has stomach flu today so praying no one else gets it. Overall we are doing great, even with me being such an old lady.

Here is his newborn photo:

Last edited by bananamagic; April 10th, 2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: added photo
March 24th, 2013, 01:31 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Things def moved quick! Congrats to everyone. Hope your pain goes away soon.

March 24th, 2013, 01:48 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ooh I know how tough that recovery can be. But you'll be up and about in no time! That's nice of hubby to do the night feedings.

Hope the flu doesn't spread!

Congrats!
March 24th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Tamimomof5's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats!
March 24th, 2013, 02:10 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
Congrats!

March 24th, 2013, 02:59 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats again, and thanks for sharing your story! I hope that recovery continues to go well, and that you're back to normal soon. Glad he's fitting in so well in your family!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 24th, 2013, 06:36 PM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
Congratulations!

March 24th, 2013, 07:26 PM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW!! Congratulations on your new little man! I hope that your healing time is brief. Thanks a lot for sharing your story with us!
March 24th, 2013, 07:56 PM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations on the sweet new addition to your family! Hope you are felling better soon!!
March 24th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! I hope that you are feeling better soon.
March 24th, 2013, 10:47 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!
March 25th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!!

March 26th, 2013, 09:41 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! I hope your recovery continues to go well.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
March 26th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Congrats!!!!

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

March 26th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay congratulations!
March 27th, 2013, 01:21 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Congratulations! Now I have no one to go through a version with me. But I'll forgive you!!
bananamagic likes this.

New picture in progress......
April 10th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Veteran
I finally added a photo from the hospital photographers photo session with Colton. Sorry it took me so long.

April 10th, 2013, 09:43 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
AW he's adorable! Congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search