Brennan's Story

Sugar Babies

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By twin2

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Sugar Babies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 12:46 AM
Veteran
So, I was scheduled for a C-section Thursday, March 28th, one week before my April 4th due date. Worked all the way until Monday the 25th, having a few contractions (tightening but no pain) and getting PLENTY of comments about my major state of pregnancy and the fact I was still working on my feet managing a busy restaurant. I went to my weekly non-stress test as usual on Wednesday, starting with the ultrasound. All was well, and as my husband was helping me get all of the gel off of my belly, I felt the first pain associated with a contraction. I chalked it up to my husband pressing on my belly as it was happening.

Next, I went to get hooked up to the doppler. Nothing new to report during the test, but after the doctor came in to look at the readout he said he noticed a few what he thought were contractions on the readout. He wanted to send me to labor and delivery to see if I was really contracting that much. Said he didn't want me to go into real labor before the planned C-section the next day, and if I was contracting as much as he thought, we could just take him out that day instead of waiting until the following day. What!? We were NOT ready for that!

So, myself, my husband, and my son (it was spring break last week so Brody had no preschool) walk across the street to the hospital to get hooked up. Meanwhile, we had a play date scheduled with a friend, and since I wasn't going to make it as my schedule had changed, she came and picked up Brody to play and hang out just in case we were really going in. Good thing because after being monitored for 40 minutes the nurse tells us the doctor wants to do my section THAT afternoon! In 45 minutes! We were so unprepared! No bag, no sitter set up for other DS, nothing! But here we were.

All the usual stuff happened then. IV, meeting with anesthesiologist (sp), all the questions, allergies, what I've eaten, yada, yada. Change into gown, walk to OR prep, got shaved (ugh), more questions then went to OR and get numbed while listening to the local rock station. Doctor came in, we got started. Got a little nauseous, anesthesiologist gave me something for it (he was awesome: funny and kind and totally put me at ease). Earlier predictions about my excess fluid were correct. Doctor had it all over his pants, it was all over the floor...everywhere. And then they tried to get him out. They were tugging and pulling. He was really high up. Three people were pushing and pulling and then the doctor asked the anesthesiologist to push on my stomach from the top! Took 4 people to get him out of me. When he finally came out at 2:19 pm, the doctor immediately says "don't expect him to be wearing many of those newborn clothes." Everybody oohing and ahhing about how big he is. they wiped him down and checked him out. Then they weighed him and gave us the news: 10lbs 8 oz! Let us get some pictures and then off he went to the nursery. It took them another 20 minutes or so to tie my tubes and close me up. The most memorable part about that was the anesthesiologist saying "okay, this is going to feel a little weird, he's putting your uterus back in." Hehe...It just hit me as funny. I know their doing some pretty major things down there, but it's weird to think about the reality instead of the abstract.

I came off the anesthesia slowly. I was pretty nauseous and did some uncontrollable shaking for about an hour after everything was done. Took about 5 hours to really feel my legs again. But who cares? Brennan was perfect! They had to check his blood sugar before every feeding for the first 12 hours. They said it was because he was so big and while they weren't necessarily afraid he was diabetic, because I wasn't, they were afraid he was going to have a sugar crash. But he was completely healthy and continues to be!

He's 5 days old as I write this, and I couldn't be more in love. He eats 3 1/2-4 oz at a time, and is sleeping about 3 hours a stretch. He sleeps ALL the time usually only staying awake 15 minutes or less after a feeding. Although I'm sure that is temporary Brody's still doing great with him. He just wants to look at him and hug and kiss him all the time. I'm a happy girl.

It's really late so I'm going to end my story with the promise of pictures added tomorrow. Thanks for listening to my rambling story. Good night and good luck with all of your babies!
MommysPocket likes this.
April 2nd, 2013, 03:31 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations on your healthy, sweet, big baby boy!!! So very happy for you mama! I love the way the names Brody and Brennan go together and it sounds like they are bonding as well!! Thanks for sharing!
April 2nd, 2013, 06:15 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Congratulations =)

April 2nd, 2013, 06:31 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad it all went well!

April 2nd, 2013, 06:45 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Congratulations!! Makes me think that if I have to have a c-section, I can handle it okay.

April 2nd, 2013, 08:49 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your birth story!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
April 2nd, 2013, 10:30 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on a big healthy boy! Love the name.
April 4th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Congrats, I'm having twins on the 12th..
April 4th, 2013, 03:33 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing your story! So glad you are both doing well! Congrats, mama!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 5th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
congratulations!
April 9th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search