Braxton Henry

Sugar Babies

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By GraysMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Sugar Babies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 05:45 PM
GraysMama's Avatar AKA marriedc
Braxton's birth story

It all actually started on Saturday April 30th when I ended up in labor and delivery with contractions. Contractions were 3-4 minutes apart so they monitored me for a while but sent me home about 5 hours later.

Contractions continued throughout the weekend and early hours of Tuesday morning I woke up to go to the bathroom and had to sit there for about a minute while I just gushed fluid. My waters never broke with Grayson so I wasn't really sure what was happening. I went back to bed and had cramps and contractions. When I woke up later there was blood when I wiped. I then vomited and there was 2-3 tablespoons of blood in my vomit so I called L&D and they told me to go to the ER and then go to L&D.

I got to the hospital and ER basically didn't want to see me - they wanted me straight up in L&D. I went upstairs and was monitored for a few hours. I was having contractions 6-7 minutes apart. They told me they were admitting me.

That evening the doctor came through and told me I'd be having my c section the following morning. I did have a freak out moment wondering of it was too early for him to come (I was 38 weeks 3 days pregnant day of c section) but I figured he was ready because he didn't want to stay put!

I had a pretty rough night on the maternity ward! I was given sleeping tablets but I was continually woken up by doctors and nurses. I was also a little nervous about c section but I don't know why. My hubby arrived at the hospital at about 7am and at 7:40 they started taking us downstairs to get everything prepped.

After receiving a mix of spinal blocker and epidural, things finally started happening at about 9am. I felt like this time it was taking much longer than my previous c section. The anesthesiologist explained that the surgeons were being extra cautious as it was a repeat c section and they wanted to try and have minimal scar tissue. I eventually felt that weird tugging/pulling sensation and they lowered the curtain so I could see my son for the first time! He let out a hearty cry - which made me cry! - and the midwife told me he arrived at 9:30am. They cleaned him up and brought him straight toy chest for skin to skin. They took a long time stitching me Up. I was starting to feel nauseous so I got Kevin to take the baby. Finally at 10:30 they had finished and I was wheeled into recovery. We spent about 30 minutes in recovery before heading to our bed in the maternity ward.

My brother was looking after my older son Grayson so he brought Grayson to the hospital. Grayson was a little apprehensive at first but now is mesmerized by his baby brother.

Braxton is a champ at breast feeding but he's a lazy latcher! He also shares a birthday with his grandpa (Henry - who his middle name is from) and his (deceased) great grandfather. So he's the third male in my husbands family to share the bday!

Stats: Braxton Henry arrived at 9:30am April 3rd 2013
Weight 7lbs (3330grams)
Length 19.69 inches (50cms)
MommysPocket and HalfDozen like this.

Siggy by Heather (Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* ) / View My Siggy Gallery // Request a Siggy

April 3rd, 2013, 07:12 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats lady!

April 4th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Veteran
Awww, congratulations! Hope recovery is quick. I seem to be recovering faster with this second c-section then I did with the first.
April 4th, 2013, 03:37 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!! Sounds like quite the experience! So glad everyone is happy& healthy. Hope you're recovering well!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 4th, 2013, 05:09 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! I hope you have an easy and speedy recovery!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
April 4th, 2013, 06:45 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Congratulations!! LOVE reading all these stories!

April 9th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! Great story and so sweet they share a bday! I LOVE his name

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search