Antonia's Birth Story

Sugar Babies

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By anjawb

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Sugar Babies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2013, 09:51 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
At 8:26 PM on April 4th, while DF and I were eating dinner, my mother called to check in. I had woken up to contractions that morning, but nothing since about 8 that morning. My mother had been thinking about opening a bottle of wine, and didn’t want to drink if I though she would soon have to drive to the hospital. I began to say I was feeling great, and to go ahead and have that glass of wine, when I felt this pop feeling, and then felt like I was peeing myself. I freaked out, hung up the phone, and ran to the bathroom. My water had broken. Contractions started almost immediately, at about 10 minutes apart. I called the Dr. and he said that because there was meconian fluid I could go into the hospital at any time.

I got to the hospital around 9:30, and when I was checked at 9:45 I was at 3cm, so I had not had any progress from my last appointment 4 days before. I felt like the Dr was trying to rush me a little because he was encouraging me to get pitocin right away. I made it very clear that I didn’t want pitocin unless it was absolutely necessary, as I knew I would most likely get an epi, and I knew the statistics of C-section when having both the pitocin and epi.

So, it had been about 6 hours since my water broke, and by 2:30 was in so much pain cursing the high heavens. I was having back labor, and could not find a single position that made it the slightest bit less painful. The doc came back and checked me and I was still 3 cm. I was so frustrated, and in so much pain that I do believe I made a comment about just cutting her out… We started the Pitocin, and my contractions got more intense, which I didn’t know was possible. I was then begging for the epi. It took about 30 minutes for the anesthesiologist to get to the hospital, but once it kicked it was bliss!!!! I felt absolutely nothing, and, honestly, was borderline high. I had a popsicle and have some memory of telling the nurse that it was the best popsicle I have ever eaten!

I fell asleep from about 3:30-6:30 (yes, just three hours) when I woke up to pressure. Not pain, just pressure, and I pushed the “extra shot” button for the epi, and then told the nurse why. She called the dr back in, who did another check. “Im not feeling any cervix. You are completely dilated.”
Im fairly sure that it was just because of the shift change, but they had me sit up for over an hour before I started pushing. It didn’t feel like that long though. I was very content sitting there with my ice chips! (Your really have to love the epi!!!) When they let me start pushing it took under two hours. And then I got my little angel! Born at 10:09 Friday April 5, weighing 7lbs 5.3oz, and 19.5 inches long.

On a side note, while in the hospital the pediatrician came and looked at her “club foot” and thinks that it formed because of her position in the womb, and is not actually a “true” club foot, and that it will correct itself without much intervention. (YAY!)
Here she is at 8 days, taking in the world!
[IMG][/IMG]

April 14th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Veteran
Such beautiful eyes! Thanks for sharing!
April 15th, 2013, 05:40 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great story! That's great the pitocin + epi worked well for you! Mmm..popsicles.. haha! Congrats, she's adorable!
April 15th, 2013, 05:41 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Look at how wide awake she is, and that's really fantastic news about her foot!!! Congratulations!

New picture in progress......
April 15th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Mommy in the Making
Congratulations! That's great about her foot!
April 15th, 2013, 08:09 AM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
Congrats! Love her hair!

Thanks MrsBlack2006 for my siggy!

April 15th, 2013, 09:50 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
April 17th, 2013, 05:14 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!
April 19th, 2013, 03:58 PM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's a cutie! My son's foot was purple and turned in when he was born. They said it was positioning in the womb and after a week, it was fine.
April 19th, 2013, 06:59 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So happy to hear about her foot! Congrats, and thanks for sharing your story! She's beautiful!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 28th, 2013, 10:16 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Beautiful baby girl! Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search