Parkers birth story!

Sugar Babies

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ERnurse86

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Sugar Babies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2013, 08:28 PM
Regular
John Parkers Birth Story….

As many of you know pregnancy was not easy for me! I spent 32 weeks throwing up every day (or almost every day) at 32 weeks I went in for a normal check and was told my BP was up a little (no worries we would check it in two weeks). Well at 34 weeks I went back to the doctor and was put on bed rest. Bed rest was NO FUN (but gosh I miss it now!). I was also started on checks every Tuesday and Friday. For two weeks the Labetalol (bp meds) worked, until March 28th. I went out to eat with a friend (yes I broke bed rest rules!!!) and in the middle of eating my BP went up! My friend said I started acting weird. I got so sick and she rushed me to L&D. By the time I got there I was so sick! I was throwing up and my BP was 182/101. The doctor on call watched me for hours, gave me meds and talked about doing an emergency cs then, but after hours my bp came down and I was sent home. I went back to the office the next day and my bp was great and the baby did wonderful on his NST. At 36 weeks I went in on Tuesday (April 2nd) for my normal ultrasound and check. I had some odd feeling that I would not be coming home that day! The ultrasound was a little odd, the tech didn’t say a lot and she kept looking back at records (this had never happened) and I was then taken back to a room (usually you went back to the lobby and waited for a room). My doctor came in within a minute (very odd because I always waited forever!) she asked how I had been feeling, what had been going on, and what happened the Thursday before. I told her I still had not felt good, I kept getting dizzy, I was weak, my swelling was out of control, and I felt like something wasn’t right! I told her I am sure I sounded crazy but overall I would be ok (trying to stay positive). She told me that we would be having a baby today! I was shocked! I even said “like today today? Or maybe tomorrow is the day?” she told me “TODAY!”. I asked her why? She said the baby had stopped growing and since the last time his weight was checked (two weeks before) the baby had only gained 2 ozs! She also told me that my urine had an extreme amount of protein/glucose in it and I was a “time bomb”. She told me my PIH had made me develop severe preeclampsia. She asked when I ate last (which was right before my appointment), she told me that because I had ate so soon that she was going to admit me and watch me and try to wait until 530 (so my food would be gone).
I was admitted to L&D at 1130 knowing I would be having a cs at 530. I swear that was the LONGEST wait EVER!!! I was taken back at 528. It took anesthesia two attempts to get the spinal and that was no fun! Right before Parker was born my doctor asked what his name was going to be…. I joked and said “nameless” (we still didn’t have a name). My husband said “if you name him John Parker I will never ask you to have another baby” and I immediately agreed!!! At 559 a perfect 6lb 13.5 oz baby boy was born! I became hypotensive and closing me up took almost an hour! I felt terrible and couldn’t really enjoy my baby because I got so sick during the cs. He has done GREAT to be born at 36 weeks! I ended up spending 4 days in the hospital and was sent home back on bed rest (bed rest with a newborn? So funny!).
I have been doing wonderful since the cs! I am like a new woman!!!! Parker is also doing wonderful! He is the best baby (I joke and say he feels bad for the pregnancy!)

Brand new!

7 days old!
HalfDozen likes this.
April 22nd, 2013, 03:16 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a cutie! So glad they were able to get him here when they did. Congrats!!

April 22nd, 2013, 07:00 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a cutie! I'm glad everything worked out and mama and baby are healthy!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
April 22nd, 2013, 07:32 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yikes...you sure went through a lot for that little guy! So glad he's here and you're both happy& healthy! Love the name!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 22nd, 2013, 09:05 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
That would have been scary! Congratulations!!!!

April 24th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Regular
thanks guys! I have never been so in love with anything! He is my world... but NEVER again! lol one has taught me I am not good with pregnancy!
April 28th, 2013, 09:04 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
So glad mom and baby are well. Sorry your pregnancy was so difficult and the end sounds scary! But what a cutie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search