Maya's Arrival (Kinda LONG for a quick delivery! )

Sugar Babies

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 5 Post By mama3o
  • 1 Post By MommysPocket
  • 1 Post By sarahlorrain
  • 1 Post By kimberley
  • 1 Post By HalfDozen
  • 1 Post By *Anya*
  • 1 Post By plastikmom
  • 1 Post By jen747

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Sugar Babies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
On Saturday, April 20th, 2013, I had an average day. I was out playing with the kiddos, cleaning my house and doing other odds and ends, as I was convinced that I was never having Maya. With a history of preterm labor and contractions that were relatively consistent since 32 weeks, I was sure she would have come as soon as I stopped my 17P shots. (normally, the 2 days before my shot, I'd contract significantly until I had the shot). As soon as I had my last shot, my contractions stopped completely... It also coincided with me going on maternity leave.

Anyway, Saturday night we set up the sofa bed so the boys could have a camp-out and put on a movie. My parents had just left and I had told my mom around 8:30 pm that my back was a little achy. Maybe that would mean something for tomorrow... Most of my labors were relatively longer...not necessarily terrible but gradual onset. I sat down, watched a movie with the boys, and even started to read a new book, once they went to sleep. I was waiting for my husband to come home at 12:30, and during 11:00 -12:30 I noticed a few slight contractions, so I started logging them. They were very irregular...some were 2 minutes apart, then 25 minutes, 10 minutes and then 30 minutes... nothing to be concerning in any way.... My husband got home and I said that I was having contractions that weren't going away but very irregular and maybe something may be starting for tomorrow. They weren't too painful, so I threw a load of wash in, and we sat together to watch a movie. The baby was moving up a storm...so I definitely thought wow, an increase in movement, I've got plenty of time. She was moving so forcefully though that her movements hurt. At 1:50 am , while sitting on the couch I felt her move so forcefully and then POP! Nothing happened right away, but I actually heard it...When I stood up, I realized my water had broken!!! I hadn't had any contractions, but got up to clean myself up and get ready, since I knew the next morning we'd have a baby. Well, I was wrong, within a minute my contractions started increasing, so at about 1:55 am, I could barely walk, talk about sudden! They were about 30 seconds - 1 minute apart.

I went upstairs, got the boys bags, and called the doc., who told me to take my time and head over shortly. Well....They got really long, and really intense very fast. We called my MIL to come over and left the boys with my oldest (15 y o). We arrived at the hospital at 2:!7 AM, and they took me to triage, checked me and determined that I was at 5-6 cm. I could barely function the contractions were the most intense I had ever had out of all my deliveries. I asked for an epidural right away and they called for an anesthesiologist. We headed up in a bed to Labor and Delivery. I was breathing up a storm because there was no time between contractions, and I was seeing stars from the pain! I have a good pain tolerance and this was pretty bad.

We arrived up in L&D, the doc came in and checked me, said I was at 8 cm, 7 minutes after I was 5-6 cm. I was hollering...actually hollering for the anesthesiologist. He arrived minutes later 2:45 am. My kids were also en route to meet their sister because things were going fast. The doc asked me to sit up for my epi and said I don't think it's gonna work, because you are 10 already! I started to cry and asked for any type of medicine!!!

The anesthesiologist asked me to sit up and that's when I had the urge to push. The doc said, no epi, she is crowning!!! I pushed 3 quick times, and Maya was born at 2:56 am. She weighed 7lbs 7oz. IT WAS TERRIBLY PAINFUL! but so worth it. She is nursing like a champ and so calm and quiet! I'm sure that will change, but for now I am enjoying every last minute of it. It was such a surprising delivery. Had I called my doc reporting the contractions I was having, they'd have laughed at me, but she did come regardless. Goes to show you how quickly things can go and how different each baby born can be!!!!
April 24th, 2013, 10:14 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Def fast lol. So glad she is doing well! Can't wait for more updates!
mama3o likes this.

April 24th, 2013, 11:00 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! What a great birth story! You've given me hope that I won't be pregnant forever.
mama3o likes this.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
April 24th, 2013, 12:41 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW that is fast!!! Congrats!
mama3o likes this.
April 24th, 2013, 12:44 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Super fast!! Congratulations, and I hope you are getting to enjoy Maya!!
mama3o likes this.

New picture in progress......
April 26th, 2013, 05:10 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds a lot like my labor, fast and furious! lol congrats
mama3o likes this.
April 28th, 2013, 09:05 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations again Tara! Thanks for sharing. I can't believe how fast she came!
mama3o likes this.
April 29th, 2013, 01:43 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a similar experience! Congrats! Glad you are doing well.
mama3o likes this.

April 29th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It was quite crazy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search