isabelle Brooke's birth story *pictures*

Sugar Babies

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Sugar Babies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2013, 02:52 PM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
Well, I started having contractions on Wednesday and thought things were going to progress but unfortunately they didn't. We went in for the induction at 5:00pm and got the cervidil in place. The next morning I had dilated to a 2. They started the pitocin around 6:30AM and I started contracting. Contractions were very successful. At about 4 cm I started increasing 1 cm every 45 minutes. By 5pm I had reached an 8 and it was predicted that I would deliver by about 7:30. Well, at about 8 I was checked and I was still only at an 8. Doctor called it failure to progress and determined that I would need a c-section.

After laboring so hard and so long it was difficult to hear that I couldn't finish on my own. I was so scared of the c-section. They prepped me all the while I was still having intense contractions. I delivered at 8:50. My husband said, "Remember when it felt like someone had jumped on the bed?" I said, "yeah." He said, "That was when they took her out."
She looks just like I did the day I was born. She's 20 inches long and weighed 7 pounds 1 ounce. Her little head had a cone shape on the back side of it because she had been trying to get out and just couldn't. I think that's because I kept telling her throughout the pregnancy that she had to come out from down below and couldn't come out anywhere else. She listens to her momma.

The epidural was horrible. The doctor had to stick me about 4 times before I was hysterical and told him that I didn't want it anymore. I let him try one last time and he got it in. It hurt so bad. My husband, seeing me in so much pain, became green and almost passed out.

After all is said and done, I am so happy to finally be home with my precious Isabelle Brooke. I will post pictures later.

proud papa

Last edited by bellasky; April 30th, 2013 at 09:11 AM.
April 29th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww. Beautiful! Congratulations!!!! I'm sure she's beautiful!
April 29th, 2013, 08:09 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I'm sorry it didn't go as you had hoped, but it sounds like you're thrilled with your little sweetheart!!

April 29th, 2013, 11:14 PM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations!!
April 30th, 2013, 09:12 AM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
update

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search