Rosalie Maryanne's birth story *with pics!*

Sugar Babies

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Kennydra

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Sugar Babies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Kennydra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It all started on the morning of April 9th. DH woke up around 6am to get ready for work and instead of resetting the alarm and going back to sleep until I had to get the kids up like I normally do I got up with him. He was surprised, but I told him I just felt kind of weird so I wanted to get up. He left for work at 6:45ish and I went on to make DS1's lunch and pick out his school clothes. Around 7:15 I went into the boys' room to wake them up, flicked on the light and all of a sudden I felt a gush. At first I thought, "that was weird, did I just pee myself!?", but then it came again and I went to the toilet and it kept coming in small gushes. That's when I knew my water had broken. So I attempted to call DH at work and realized that the receptionists/office workers don't get in until close to 9am and no one was there to answer the phone! He works in the lab and doesn't have a cell phone so I had to call his boss' emergency number and luckily he was at the office and able to tell DH my water had broken and to go home.

So I called my MIL and let her know as she was going to help with the boys and I had told her she could be there for the birth. DH took DS1 to the bus once he got home and then we all drove DS2 to daycare and made our way to the hospital. By the time we got in to L&D it was around 9:30am, they checked me and I was 2-3cm and they confirmed that my water had broken and also that there was meconium in the fluid. I had noticed a slight green tinge, but honestly my water had never broken on it's own before so I didn't know if it was normal or part of my mucus plug etc. So basically they just said they would monitor my temp. and they would have to have the NICU there for when the baby was born just to be safe and to make sure she didn't inhale any meconium and if she did they would suction her right away.

They got me into my room, with my IV and I told them I wanted to try to go natural if possible, but since they had started me on pitocin (I wasn't really having contractions, well I was, but they were like 8mins apart and not strong and with the meconium in my fluid the doctor wanted to get things moving along.) I knew it would be difficult. So things progressed well and started to get pretty intense. Shortly before 1pm my nurse checked me and I was at 6cm and I told her I thought I needed the epidural, at this point my contractions were 1-2mins apart and strong!! So the anesthesiologist came in at 1 to put it in, and the nurse asked my DH and MIL to go grab a bite to eat and said it would be about 30mins. But at that point I was in transition and my whole body was shaking and I just couldn't hold still enough for the epidural. He tried a couple times and did the best he could, but it was just not effective. My nurse checked me after he left and I was 9-10cm! I told her I felt like I needed to push and she didn't think I needed to and kept telling me to just breathe through it. My DH and MIL still weren't back at this point and I kept telling my nurse "I HAVE to push!!" so she checked me and baby was crowning. They had to page my DH over the hospital intercom . The OB on call made it in the room just in time for me to start pushing. Three good pushes and she was out, I couldn't believe it!! I pushed for 2hrs with Leland! Rosalie Maryanne was born at 1:37pm on April 9th (one day past her due date, just like her oldest brother!), weighing 7lbs. 14oz and was 19.25in long.

So it was only about 4hrs from the time we got to the hospital to the time she was born! We did skin to skin right away and she found her way down and nursed right after. My nurse had just gone to a seminar/training that talked about the importance of skin to skin and how when newborns are placed on their mommies chest after birth they can find their way down to the nipple to nurse all on their own. So that's what we did! It was love at first sight for all of us, my husband and I just adore her and the boys can't get enough of her and are protective already asking what's wrong every time she even makes a peep . We call her Rosie and the boys say she is a "beautiful princess" . And she has hair, both of my boys were bald so I couldn't believe that either!
Sorry the pics are so large! I tried to make them smaller, but I guess it didn't work lol.

MommysPocket and HalfDozen like this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 6th, 2013, 06:46 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! She is too cute!!!

May 6th, 2013, 06:04 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oooh what a cutie! Congratulations!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
May 10th, 2013, 11:44 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
She's so sweet!! Congratulations!