Ava Grace

Sugar Babies

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Atank03

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Sugar Babies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Atank03's Avatar Veteran
Well I just realized I never put a birth story on here. So here goes.
On Saturday, April 6 me and my husband went to dinner and I started having a few small contractions on and off So we decided to go home after dinner and not go to the movies. I never had any more contractions that evening at home. So we went to bed and at 5 o'clock in the morning I woke up having contractions. I started timing them and they were five to six minutes apart. I got up went to the bathroom came back to bed my water started to leak. So DH got up with me And He started to load the car up. We headed to the hospital and when I got there my contractions were about four minutes apart. When I got there they got me all settled in and checked me and I was at 2 cm and my water had broke And that was about 6 AM. Around 8 AM my doctor came and checked me and I was about a 4 And he said my sack had not broke all the way so he went ahead and broke it. My contractions were coming every few minutes so he said I could have my epidural anytime So I went ahead and got that. My epidural didn't take all the way so I could still feel everything in my bottom. Around 1:00 PM I was having a lot of pressure So the nurse went ahead and put me in the stirrups and let me push a few times. At around 145 I had to push so bad but I couldn't because My doctor wasn't there yet So at 1:50 the doctor got there and Ava was born in 1:52pm. She weighed 8 lbs. 13 oz. And was 20.5 inches long With a head full of dark hair And perfectly healthy. I got to breast-feed her right away. When they took her down to give her her bath they checked her blood sugar and it was low So they gave her some formula and check it periodically And we finally got it under control the next day. They told me it was because she was big and wasn't getting enough from my breast. So I supplemented with some formula after each breast-feed. She was tongue-tied so breast-feeding was slightly painful but we had her tongue clipped a few days after we got home And that took care of it.
Right after they turned off my epidural pump I noticed that the back of my neck and my back was so stiff that I could not move my head whatsoever. This went away though when I would lay flat but I never had a headache. They told me it was on a spinal week because I did not have a headache. So I was in severe pain the whole time I was in the hospital. The next day after I had her I had my tubes tied. The day after that We went home. The next day which was Wednesday I was in so much pain and crying that DH took me back to the hospital Because by then I was having bad headaches. So the anesthesiologist put in a blood patch And that took care of it 100%. I just wish they would have done that to begin with. So I kind of feel like I missed out on the first few days she was born But all was good after that.
HalfDozen likes this.
June 6th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Oh my she is beautiful

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

June 6th, 2013, 05:13 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
What a cutie! Love that spiked hair!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search