Tell me about.....Tuesday

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2011, 11:08 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tell me about your home! Will you have to make any huge changes for the baby or is there a room set aside for a nursery? Will those with children already, will they be sharing rooms?

May 10th, 2011, 11:17 AM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
We are in a three bedroom for another 2 years while we wait for my aunt to be ready to sell her hobby farm. Her house is our dream house so instead of selling this place this summer as planned we decided to wait.
Right now the oldest 2 share a room and this baby will be sharing a room with our third although I tend to co-sleep for the first few months so I will not put baby into the toddler's room until she or he is sleeping through the night. No major changes have to made for this baby though because we already own a van and we were planning to move no matter how big our family was.
May 10th, 2011, 11:27 AM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
we downsized lastyear to my husbands grandparents old home, so we could save to build a home and become debt free...we will be debt free in Sept., and we haven't started saving yet for a home and we live in a 2bdrm 2 bath house, right now the boys room is just being used for their clothes baby decor lol, hopefully by the time we have this one we can have them moved into their own room in toddler beds, but I'm not certain on that lol

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 10th, 2011, 11:32 AM
corilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a 3 bedroom house so he or she will have there own room, right now it's a guest room and I will keep it that way till the baby comes.

May 10th, 2011, 11:33 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house. Luckly, the bedroom upstairs is HUGE and we can comfortably put 3 kids up there and put the baby on the main level with us. Once the baby gets older, we will probably put the baby and our youngest back together in the same room.

=May '05 and '11

May 10th, 2011, 11:57 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
We have a 3 bedroom house so each kid will have their own room, unless we decide to have more than 2!d

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
May 10th, 2011, 12:34 PM
HONEYBUNNY61's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
baby will be in what is now the guest room. I will keep the guest bed in there (as he/she and I will probably sleep in it often) and do some rearranging. But it will stay mostly the same aside from a crib and a glider.

Will probably get a trundle for Leslie's bed so my sister will have a place to sleep when she comes over.

VBAC, NATURAL BIRTHING, BREASTFEEDING, BABYWEARING, CLOTH DIAPERING MOM!
May 10th, 2011, 02:42 PM
junglepeachpie's Avatar Super Mommy
We rent a small urban "2-bedroom." I put that in quotes because our bedroom is only big enough for our bed! Our clothes are stored in the other bedroom, which we also use as an office. There will be enough room in there for a crib so we might stay here a little while, but we're also looking into buying a house in the suburbs.
TTC #1 since September 2009. Stopped TTC in January 2012
IUI #1 April 2011 was a success, but lost baby at 9 weeks
IUIs #2-5 BFN
Decided not to do IVF and embrace a childfree life (at least for awhile)
May 10th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I rent a 2 bedroom 'unit' (what we call apartments I guess).. it's tiny & there isn't enough room for all our stuff

May 10th, 2011, 03:09 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a 4 bedroom house and currenlty everyone has their own bedroom. That will have to change when baby comes. As I mentioned in my other thread I will have my two youngest now share and then have the baby room now, stay the baby room. We might have to switch my oldest to the other bedroom since hers is biggest and would fit two kids better. I'm not sure how she will like that!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
May 10th, 2011, 04:13 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We will be moving Marina into the bigger bedroom and the new baby will be in the nursery. I'm looking forward to redecorating what will be Marina's room. She was a surprise so our nursery is gender neutral. Can't wait to really girl up her room!

May 10th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Psalm139's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not 100% sure what we'll be doing yet. We have a 3 br but my husband works full-time from home so right now one of the br is his office and one is the nursery. I'm pretty sure that we'll move his office down to our basement (bummer because we just decorated the office as of Jan and it looks really nice in there) and probably move Luke into what was his office, make that a big boy room, and then leave our gender neutral nursery just as is.
Psalm 139:13-14 "For you [God] created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..."

May 10th, 2011, 04:47 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a room set aside. It's the craft/music room and is right beside my DD room.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
May 10th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Treysmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well we live with my mom right now in a 4 bedroom home and Trey has a room and then DH and I have a room. So the new baby will stay in our room as long as possible and then even if the new baby is a girl there going to have to share a room until we get our own place b/c we dont have any rooms left...lol

Thank you Chelsea for my beautiful siggy!!
May 10th, 2011, 05:59 PM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have to change a lot... we're DIYers and the 2nd floor is a mess as we're turning the 3rd bedroom and loft space into a master suite.. currently DH's clothes and my office are in our 2nd bedroom.
May 10th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Our home has 4 bedrooms and this will be our third child, so it sounds like each should have their own room...but not so much. We have to keep one of the bedrooms closed off to the rest of the house because my dad is allergic to cats (we have one) and would not be able to come visit unless we did this, so our guest room will always be our guest room, even though it doubles as my sewing/storage room.

Also, about eighteen months ago we decided to move our two girls together into one bedroom so we could use the other as a dedicated playroom. I LOVE having this setup!

So the plan, as it stands right now, is to keep the girls where they are and set the crib up in the same room (though the baby will spend the first several months in our room). Then, we will play it by ear. If there is any trouble with all three being together we can always separate them, but I really hope they will enjoy sharing the room.

May 10th, 2011, 06:32 PM
MamaSugarplump's Avatar Jordan
I have a 3 bedroom house and we knew when we moved here that the "computer" room would be the baby room when we got PG. The closet in master bedroom is just my stuff and the DH has been using the computer room closet as his closet ... so I'm not looking forward to combing our clothes but I'm sure we can figure something out. I really want to still have a spare bedroom open for guests though.
May 10th, 2011, 07:01 PM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
I have noooo idea what we're going to do! We were about to move out of our 1 bedroom apartment, but instead of finding another apartment it's going to have to be a house, I think. We're hoping to find a 3 bedroom with a finished basement and garage, but finding something like that in our price range, in the part of the city that we need is going to be tricky, and we only have until the end of June to get out of our current place.

Tags
day of the week questions

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search