Pregnancy Blog Swaps!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Hi there,
If you're keeping a pregnancy blog or a journal online and want to swap, please post your link here! Mine is: PREGGERS IN CHINA. I'd love to share with other Mommies-to-be. This is my first and I'm seven weeks along. I am a Canadian woman living in China. I can use all the advice and caring thoughts I can get. I look forward to your comments!
May 18th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for sharing your blog I loved reading it and esp this part sounds soooo fimiliar

"When I first thought I might be pregnant, my partner suggested I should stop riding my bike. I balked at him. "What's wrong with cycling?" I asked. He said it could cause a miscarriage. I suppose if I were hit by a car (knock on wood that I won't be) then I can understand that fear, but lightweight exercise (even hardcore exercise if that's what you're used to, which I'm not!) is good for a pregnant woman! I am not suddenly going to become sedentary just because there's a backwards notion here that cycling will adversely affect me."

My MIL is Indonesian and told me a few things as well. It is my second pregnancy and I thought I made it clear last time that I do things my way. But still she gives me (good hearted though) advice:
- don't do anything active for 3 months
- take lots of rest first 3 months
- eat for 2
She is the sweetest woman, but ofcourse I will not do any of that. She told me that it could cause a miscarriage, but my OB told me the exact oposite So I just do what I feel like doing. I see it irritates her sometimes, but last pregnancy went by without any problems. (I was riding my bike 15 km a day until 30 weeks!!)
May 18th, 2011, 02:48 PM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
I was thinking of starting a tumblr for my pregnancy. I'm going to be selfish and say that EVERYONE should start a tumblr so I can follow everyone more easily.

May 27th, 2011, 04:34 PM
MamaSugarplump's Avatar Jordan
My GP and also my gyno told me to do nothing but walk through the entire pregnancy. They told me no boot camp/Zumba, which I was doing 3x a week.
June 1st, 2011, 07:42 AM
Veteran
I have a Tumblr for my son and when we announce the pregnancy in a few weeks I will talk about my pregnancy on that.

lifeasnatesmom.tumblr.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple-scruff View Post
I was thinking of starting a tumblr for my pregnancy. I'm going to be selfish and say that EVERYONE should start a tumblr so I can follow everyone more easily.
What is your Tumblr? Would love to follow you.

Check out my blog here

Tags
blog , canada , canadian , china , journal

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search