Constipation remedies in first trimester?????

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2011, 11:44 AM
MamaRed's Avatar Veteran
I'm in my eighth week and haven't had a regular "movement" in almost 2 weeks and I'm getting pretty miserable. Everything I read says to avoid all laxatives and enemas especially during the first trimester. I drink water like crazy and actually have always had a high fiber diet so I'm at a loss as to what to do to alleviate this. I go to my OB next week, but I might actually explode by then.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
May 27th, 2011, 05:31 PM
MamaSugarplump's Avatar Jordan
I wish someone would reply to you because I'm in the same boat!!! My tummy hurts!

May 27th, 2011, 07:04 PM
MamaRed's Avatar Veteran
I'm actually doing better now. I started eating more raw fruits (an apple and orange every day) and making sure I get enough water and that seems to have helped. I did ask the ARNP what I could do if it gets bad again though. The only thing she said was okay other than fiber supplements (i.e. Metamucil) was Miralax. Apparently whatever is in that doesn't get absorbed the same way as others so it's not supposed to affect the baby. That said, I'd run it by your doc first just to be sure. I've never had trouble calling the nurse and she asks the doc and calls me back in the same day most of the time. Good luck!!!
May 27th, 2011, 10:12 PM
MamaSugarplump's Avatar Jordan
Just something I remembered... before PG when I would have problems "going" I could just eat oatmeal a couple of days in a row and that helped a lot. Maybe we should try that...
May 30th, 2011, 12:49 PM
junglepeachpie's Avatar Super Mommy
Drinking a mug of any kind of hot tea (or even just hot water) often helps me. My girlfriend swears by prenexa prenatal vitamins that already have stool softener in them.
TTC #1 since September 2009. Stopped TTC in January 2012
IUI #1 April 2011 was a success, but lost baby at 9 weeks
IUIs #2-5 BFN
Decided not to do IVF and embrace a childfree life (at least for awhile)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search