Doc or midwife

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2011, 08:07 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Will you be seeing a doctor or a midwife with this pregnancy?

May 21st, 2011, 09:22 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully a midwife! I have my heart set on a homebirth. There are two that I've found online that practice in my county. I think I'll call them monday and see what I need to do. Hopefully they'll be able to recommend a good Dr. for me too...I'm assuming you probably also have to see an OB for bloodwork and stuff? We just moved here a year ago and I've never seen a dr. here...

May 22nd, 2011, 07:53 AM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
I have a midwife, same one I had last time. I am hoping for a vbac.

DS1- 4 years old
DS2- 2 years old
DS3- Due Nov 2014!
May 22nd, 2011, 08:15 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
At the beginning of my pregnancy with Megan I saw a midwife and I was able to do all of my normal bw and stuff with them. They would actually send me to the hospital to do stuff like that because they were part of our hospital in town.
Melissa from what I've heard is that midwives will have a doc that is on call for them in case they need anything like an emergency or something. GL and I hope you get your homebirth!!

May 22nd, 2011, 08:40 AM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We will be going with the same OBGYN as we did with DD. I'm way to anxious of a person to go with midwife and homebirth and all that. I like to know that if anything went wrong I would have all the medical assistance around me that I needed.
May 22nd, 2011, 04:02 PM
Veteran
I am still undecided...we just moved here (two hours north - different state) in January and I haven't even gotten signed up on my spouses insurance plan yet...we have to go to a notary public to sign that we are domestic partners (because we are not married yet) tomorrow and then go from there. This is our third child...you'd think we would have tied the knot already! We are waiting to move closer to his family so that they don't have to travel. There is a great well-known birth center about 15 minutes away from here that I plan to check out online tonight to see what the general consensus is.
MissusF & Ashley - A good friend of mine has 3 boys...her first she delivered in a hospital and they took him via emergency C-Section because his heart-rate was dropping while she was pushing. Now...I have no opinion either way, but in her opinion, she'd felt that they had pushed things to happen quickly and in a very unnatural way...like telling her to push when she didn't feel the need to yet & when she was barely 9 cm's dilated and she felt that this had something to do with the "emergency" situation they found themselves in. So she found a homebirth midwife who was willing to deliver her VBAC at home and she successfully delivered her second & third born at home...her 3rd was born on Christmas morning at 3AM & she and her newborn enjoyed Christmas at home with their family around them. The experience changed her life & she is currently working to become a midwife herself. I myself had a horrible experience with midwives with my daughter...but that's a story for another time & I'm not letting it jade me.
DD - 12/31/2008
DS2 - 6/28/2010
Expecting #4 to arrive mid-January!

What I do as a WAHM

Last edited by LuEli; May 22nd, 2011 at 04:06 PM.

Tags
doctor , gtky

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search