Breast or Formula

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2011, 10:39 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How will you be feeding your baby?? (Please be respectful of everyones opinions)

=May '05 and '11

May 24th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Super mommy!
I have gone both routes.
I really loved being able to breastfeed my youngest, my oldest wouldnt take, and i felt like i missed out (btw, found out later he had a tounge tie)
so I would love to breast feed again, as long as possible!

May 24th, 2011, 11:07 AM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I BF until 12 months.
May 24th, 2011, 11:20 AM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
Well I wanted to breastfeed Ethan badly! But I wouldn't produce any milk. I tried and tried, nothing would cone out. Hoping I produce some milk this time! My boobs actually hurt this pregnancy and they never did with Ethan.
DS3- Born 11/4/14
May 24th, 2011, 11:52 AM
nevergivingup's Avatar Mommy to Boys!
I couldn't breastfeed my oldest, I was 17 and didn't know. I tried and did breastfeed for about 6 weeks, but I didn't know that it was normal for babies to want to eat every 45 min to an hour, so I thought I was starving my baby. With Aidyen I am still breastfeeding, and if I get pregnant this cycle I will breastfeed also.
Aidyen Quest-15 months
TTC our 3rd miracle

May 24th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Mom2TuckerElla's Avatar Super Mommy
Breast at first and will see how it goes. I breast fed my other two for 6 weeks, but switched to formula because their latches NEVER got better despite all the help in the world, and I have renauds, so my nipples would turn completely white and painful...so, I'm loading up on B6 vitamin, (they say it helps) and then if I can't stand the pain any longer, I will pump and bottle....
May 24th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Veteran
I started off breastfeeding both DD and DS2 & everything went well with both of them until I had to put them into daycare at 3 months old...both times it seemed to put a damper on my breastfeeding relationship with them. I think the problem was that I was having trouble producing milk (long, long story) so I went on domperidone both times and my letdown was forceful at times so they preferred the bottle once I they realized bottles existed. I work out of the home now and won't be putting this one in daycare so I'm hoping to make it to 12 months exclusively breastfeeding. I pumped breast milk for my daughter (no formula) until she was 10 months old & I got pregnant with DS2. DS2 is now 11 months old & I have hand-expressed my breastmilk for him this whole time and will probably switch him over to formula now that I can't take meds to keep my milk supply up. I'm really yearning to have that idealistic, perfect breastfeeding relationship with at least one of my children, but I also feel that what they want is way more important than what I want.
DD - 12/31/2008
DS2 - 6/28/2010
Expecting #4 to arrive mid-January!

What I do as a WAHM

May 24th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Sedna's Avatar Regular
Send a message via MSN to Sedna
I will try to breastfeed, but I certainly have no idea with the thought of formula feeding.

All credit to alethia for my wonderful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search