All About Wonderful Morning Sickness!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2011, 07:13 AM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you getting it yet?

Anything in particular that triggers it?

What times of day?

If you've been pregnant before, when did it start and end for you?

Any tips or tricks that helped you through it or that you will try this time around?

Last edited by hoping and waiting; May 25th, 2011 at 07:18 AM.
May 25th, 2011, 07:52 AM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
Yup I am starting to get it! Never had it with Ethan at all! I am starting to think more and more that I may have a girl in my belly! I usually get sick after eating. I just got sick a min ago but I think it was because I just took my dang prenatal. I am not used to this! I hardly had any symptoms with Ethan!
DS3- Born 11/4/14
May 25th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Are you getting it yet? I have been quite queasy the past two mornings.

Anything in particular that triggers it? Water, empty tummy, being tired

What times of day? So far just in the a.m.

If you've been pregnant before, when did it start and end for you? Last time it didn't start till 6 weeks and ended around 14 weeks. MISERABLE!!

Any tips or tricks that helped you through it or that you will try this time around?
Just kept eating small snacks and tried to sleep as much as possible.
May 25th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Veteran
I've never actually gotten sick in early pregnancy but I always have 2 months of coming very close to getting sick every morning! I actually found out that I was pregnant the first time because I was feeling so sick that I thought I had food poisoning from what I ate the night before, so the emergency room nurse took a test & voila! Pregnant. So...I usually feel sick from around 4AM to 7ish. I don't know why that is...but if I can sleep through it until 8 (not happening with little ones anymore) then I usually wake up feeling better. I lay there on many mornings just feeling queasy for hours...not fun. The only other time I feel sick is if I take my prenatals too early in the day & especially without food. I know when you feel sick you don't want to eat but you should really try to eat something because it helps the feeling to go away...A good friend of mine had luck with those sea bands...
DD - 12/31/2008
DS2 - 6/28/2010
Expecting #4 to arrive mid-January!

What I do as a WAHM

May 25th, 2011, 11:02 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Try eating something BEFORE you get out of bed. If you wake up to pee early in the morning, grab a snack before you go back to sleep. Your blood glucose drops down really low over night, so eating something before you get out of bed will help stabilize it before you get up and start moving around.

I hope that you all feel better soon!!

=May '05 and '11

May 25th, 2011, 12:05 PM
THanks. I'll give it a go!
May 25th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Mom2TuckerElla's Avatar Super Mommy
Are you getting it yet? Just feel nausea from time to time-nothing terrible yet

Anything in particular that triggers it? No

What times of day? supper time

If you've been pregnant before, when did it start and end for you? started around 6 weeks and ended at 12ish

Any tips or tricks that helped you through it or that you will try this time around? just to eat more frequent but smaller meals
May 25th, 2011, 10:54 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So far I haven't had any *knocks on wood*

May 26th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Nothing today! Guess it's a come in waves type deal right now.
June 1st, 2011, 05:30 AM
Ok, so I think it's here. Yuck! All day yesterday I had that really deep queasy feeling. It was the worse really early in the morning and was quite bad late yesterday evening. I still feel queasy today too. Aw man, I hope it goes away sooner than 14 weeks. That's when it finally started to let up with DD. Totally not loving it, but at the same time happy for symptoms. KWIM?
June 1st, 2011, 06:47 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
Are you getting it yet? I have been getting sick when i first wake up and past 1pm..its horrible!!

Anything in particular that triggers it? ONIONS!!!, yesterday the computer and sunlight triggered it. I honestly was like a fish out of water on the couch trying to stop being sick to the point where my husband shut all the curtains and came in bed at 7pm to try and relax.

What times of day? Morning and 1pm+

Any tips or tricks that helped you through it or that you will try this time around? I bought whole wheat saltines and am leaving them up next to my bed. My hubby and I were having saltines at midnight last night hahaha. Also I am going to try and go get some lollypops from babies r us. I heard they work really really well. Im also looking for Sea Bands because im going to need them. We have a 12hr car ride next week to visit my family and im not sure how i am gong to do.

June 1st, 2011, 06:57 AM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you getting it yet? Not really, though my stomache is squimish right now.

Anything in particular that triggers it?

What times of day?

If you've been pregnant before, when did it start and end for you? It started at about 8 weeks and went to 24. I got to the point I didn't think it was going to stop and then I woke up one morning and I felt great...my stomache just wasn't rolling anymore!

Any tips or tricks that helped you through it or that you will try this time around? I snacked all day long on saltines. I also tried to keep hydrated because I had a really hard time keeping real food down, so I threw up ALOT! I also noticed that if my stomache was empty and I drank anything it would come right back up! So really try to keep something on your stomache!

June 1st, 2011, 07:15 AM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you getting it yet? I've had it once really bad, that's what made me decide to take a test. I've felt a little yucky a couple of times.

Anything in particular that triggers it? Having an empty stomach

What times of day? Evening or Night

If you've been pregnant before, when did it start and end for you? I didn't have any symptoms with my first three. With my fourth, I had it off and on through out the whole pregnancy. Never actually threw up just felt nauseous a lot.

Any tips or tricks that helped you through it or that you will try this time around? Make sure you eat ever 4 hours or so, don't let yourself get hungry, stay hydrated, and keep saltines on hand. They really helped me out.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

June 1st, 2011, 07:24 AM
crash's Avatar Veteran
Are you getting it yet? The first few days, I had it, but now I don't.

Anything in particular that triggers it? It would be bad smells and movement

What times of day? afternoon and evening is when it's usually worst

If you've been pregnant before, when did it start and end for you? From about 8 weeks until 15 minutes after having my daughter.

I'm gunna try ginger this time around. Last time I kept peppermint at my bed side and took Rx medication.
June 1st, 2011, 02:30 PM
Clare's Avatar Wishy
Send a message via AIM to Clare
Are you getting it yet? It hit me today Im just feeling sick though, not actually sick

Anything in particular that triggers it? It was the smell of toast this morning.

What times of day? All day!

If you've been pregnant before, when did it start and end for you? N/A

Any tips or tricks that helped you through it or that you will try this time around? My mum said to nibble ginger biscuits - it didnt really help today but i'll give it another go.
June 1st, 2011, 07:06 PM
ovramirez27's Avatar Super Mommy
With my son I bought Preggie Pops they really helped , I am going this week to buy them, try it they taste good too.

June 1st, 2011, 08:30 PM
NortheastWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you getting it yet? It started today. I feel sick but haven't been sick yet.

Anything in particular that triggers it? No

What times of day? noon on today.

If you've been pregnant before, when did it start and end for you? It started at 6 weeks and ended at 16 weeks. It was horrible. Kind of a double edged sword. After having a recent loss, I'll take the sickies over another loss.

Any tips or tricks that helped you through it or that you will try this time around? It seems like something wold work for me for a while last time and then stop working. Lemon water helped for the longest time, though. I might try the preggie pops this time.

Hollie
June 1st, 2011, 11:21 PM
iscah's Avatar Veteran
Are you getting it yet? yes

Anything in particular that triggers it? empty stomach... sometimes just nothing

What times of day? anytime... morning, night

If you've been pregnant before, when did it start and end for you? n/a

Any tips or tricks that helped you through it or that you will try this time around? i've been sucking on lemonheads, which for some reason seem to work... ginger ale helps... ice cold water... chewing gum... ride it out...
June 2nd, 2011, 02:09 AM
katiebug02's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Are you getting it yet? I've had mild nausea for a couple of days.

Anything in particular that triggers it? I have not noticed anything in particular.

What times of day? At night

If you've been pregnant before, when did it start and end for you? My first 3 pregnancies started about 8-10 weeks along and went away around 5 months. With #4 it started really early and lasted the entire pregnancy.

Any tips or tricks that helped you through it or that you will try this time around? I just tried to not let my stomach get too empty. That helped a lot for me.

Proud Mommy of Eric(11), Caitlyn(9), Aidan(6), Mason(3) and Eliana(2/21/2012)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search