What do you do during the day?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Veteran
I'm just wondering what other momma's do during the day for fun or to pass the time.

My spouse & I moved 2+ hours away from everyone we know for him to take his position up here in the mountains of New England. I work out of the house which keeps me busy (along with the kids) from the time I wake up until 10AM to 4PM depending on how much work I have to do. Then I spend the rest of the day trying to connect one on one (& together) with the kids or cooking/cleaning, giving the kids baths or putting them to bed...I always say I will get more done after they go to sleep but I am so scared I will wake them up that I just end up going to bed too or having a late night snack with Rob downstairs away from the bedrooms. In my dream world we would get to attend some of the playdates scheduled by the mother's meetup group that I joined when we moved here, but it just hasn't happened yet...I also would like to take my kids on at least 1 little adventure each week so that they can experience new little pieces of the world together. I at least got them out for a walk yesterday...that was really nice. My 2 1/2 YO is learning how to ride her tricycle that she got for Christmas from her Great-Uncle.

How many children do you have?

What are their ages?

Do you work? SAHM? WAHM?

What types of activities do you do during the day with them?

Is there anything you would like to do with them that you haven't done yet?
DD - 12/31/2008
DS2 - 6/28/2010
Expecting #4 to arrive mid-January!

What I do as a WAHM

Last edited by LuEli; May 27th, 2011 at 03:45 PM.
May 27th, 2011, 03:49 PM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many children do you have? I have four

What are their ages? 12 ( in June) 9, 6, and 2

Do you work? SAHM? WAHM? SAHM...I do have a side business, but I don't make much money off of it. It's more of a hobby right now.

What types of activities do you do during the day with them? We have about 16 acres of mountain property so we explore a lot. I try to teach my older girls how to sew and cook. On our way back from the store we like to stop by the dam here under an overpass. I let them play under it and we watch the river.

Is there anything you would like to do with them that you haven't done yet? We just moved to the area so I would like to drive around the mountain roads and find some things to do.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

May 28th, 2011, 08:54 AM
How many children do you have? 1

What are their ages? 4

Do you work? SAHM? WAHM? stay at home mama

What types of activities do you do during the day with them? my daughter is currently in preschool 3 days a week, gymnastics twice a week ballet/tap and soccer both once a week. other then those activities we keep busy hiking, beach combing, and numerous memberships ie. zoo, childrens museum. fairly excited for the school year to end so our schedule can go out the door for the summer and we do as we please!

Is there anything you would like to do with them that you haven't done yet? travel more often! my husband works long hard hours so we don't get to do enough of that!
May 28th, 2011, 10:01 AM
crash's Avatar Veteran
How many children do you have? 1 girl

What are their ages? She is 10 months

Do you work? SAHM? WAHM? Stay at home mom

What types of activities do you do during the day with them? Play in the house, read books, go to the hobby store, go to the park, go for a walk.

Is there anything you would like to do with them that you haven't done yet? Zoo, museums...that's really about all I can think of!
May 28th, 2011, 12:55 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
How many children do you have? 1

What are their ages? 8 months

Do you work? SAHM? WAHM? I am a SAHM but will be starting a seasonal job next week.

What types of activities do you do during the day with them? We watch tv(is that bad lol), we play with toys, sometimes run errands

Is there anything you would like to do with them that you haven't done yet? I would love to take a small roadtrip more of a spur of the moment kind of thing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search