If you plan to nurse

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2011, 12:49 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
do you think that you will pump as well?

May 28th, 2011, 01:27 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess I will pump some, I don't really know. I will be a SAHM once baby is born, so I will be able to nurse on demand. However, I would like to have a freezer stash for when we want to leave baby with a sitter or something. Breast pumps are so expensive though, and I hate to buy one if I'm not going to use it much.

May 28th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Veteran
Well, I am going to try to exclusively nurse for at least the first 6 months, but you know how it goes with these types of things I do not plan to pump at all though because I pumped so much with my DD and DS that I broke a total of 3 double electric pumps (expensive) and I also forgot them a couple of times at work and had to buy singe pumps on the go...so the last time that happened (I was already in the nursing room at work when I realized I'd forgotten to pack a few pieces) I made myself hand express the milk and I did an ok job. When I got back to my desk I looked up the proper way to do it and on my next nursing break I did it the right way and got just as much, if not more, than the pump usually got so I've never looked back. I hand-expressed all of my son's milk for the past 5-6 months & it was easy. I never had to worry about lugging that bag around again & I never will worry about it again...
DD - 12/31/2008
DS2 - 6/28/2010
Expecting #4 to arrive mid-January!

What I do as a WAHM

May 28th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
im not %100 sure but i would LOVE to nurse..I guess i will have to see where i am with school and stuff first..if it came down to it ill pump just to get by for school

May 28th, 2011, 03:37 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissusF View Post
I guess I will pump some, I don't really know. I will be a SAHM once baby is born, so I will be able to nurse on demand. However, I would like to have a freezer stash for when we want to leave baby with a sitter or something. Breast pumps are so expensive though, and I hate to buy one if I'm not going to use it much.
You should check with your insurance if applicable and see if they will cover the cost of a breast pump or at least pay for some of it.

May 28th, 2011, 04:50 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
Hoping I can actually produce some milk this time! If I can then I will prob pump some.
DS3- Born 11/4/14
May 28th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Veteran
Ashley...pump all you can the first six weeks. That is when you bottle creates the receptors in your brain that respond to future feedings when you baby starts to eat more...
DD - 12/31/2008
DS2 - 6/28/2010
Expecting #4 to arrive mid-January!

What I do as a WAHM

May 28th, 2011, 06:04 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissusF View Post
I have a manual pump. It's Avent. It works really well if your not going to exclusively pump but just use it occasionally. I think I paid around $100 or a bit less for it.

=May '05 and '11

May 29th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Only in the beginning to keep my supply up. Once the baby is more awake and eating well on their own then I'll just nurse.
May 29th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Veteran
I plan on both breastfeeding and pumping, but we'll see how I feel in 8 months
May 29th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Mom2TuckerElla's Avatar Super Mommy
I plan on nursing and pump and bottle....I have an Ameda dual electric....Ameda or Medella dual electric are the next best things to a hospital grade if you plan on pump and bottle.....
May 30th, 2011, 09:26 AM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well since I'm still nursing my last last baby, I do plan on nursing this one too. As far as pumping NO, I hate it! I can ever get anything out anyway. I'm a SAHM and we dont live around anyone we know so we wouldn't be leaving baby with anyone anyway. Heck, I haven't even left my 2 year old with anyone yet.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

May 30th, 2011, 09:54 AM
ItalianMommi's Avatar Veteran
i always breast feed. i use a pump for when i have to go to work, shopping etc.

Rich 12-1-00
Momma to

Aleksys 4-16-03
Alexander 8-22-05
Rich Jr 8-21-07

hoping for another girl
May 30th, 2011, 09:59 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
i think i am going to nurse only because its much cheaper. but i will definitely pump as well so my husband can help out too. im not going to be the only one doing the work!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search