How do you say...? (fun quiz)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2011, 11:32 AM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1) What do you call the place where you buy food and household items:

2) What do you call carbonated beverages:

3) What's thing with wheels that you put food and household items in while shopping:

4) What's the thing you carry on your shoulder with your keys, money, phone and cosmetics:

5) Do you say y'all?:

6) Do you pronounce these words the same? (Mary, merry, marry):

7) Do these words sound the same? (pin, pen):

8) Do you pronounce these words the same way? (aunt, ant):

9) What do you call the public water drinking machine found in parks and schools?:

10) Where are you from?

May 29th, 2011, 11:38 AM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1) What do you call the place where you buy food and household items: I call the grocery store "the grocery". If I'm going to Target or something and I'm going to pick up groceries while I'm there I just say I'm going to target.

2) What do you call carbonated beverages: I call it soda, but I am from the south and I've heard lots of people refer to all soda as "coke" regardless of what brand/kind it is.

3) What's thing with wheels that you put food and household items in while shopping: A cart, NOT a buggy

4) What's the thing you carry on your shoulder with your keys, money, phone and cosmetics: Purse

5) Do you say y'all?: Yup, all the time. Now that I live in California people seem to be fascinated by this....

6) Do you pronounce these words the same? (Mary, merry, marry): Yes

7) Do these words sound the same? (pin, pen): I guess so

8) Do you pronounce these words the same way? (aunt, ant): No, I pronounce aunt more like "awnt" and ant is just ant.

9) What do you call the public water drinking machine found in parks and schools?: the water fountain? Is there another word for it? lol

10) Where are you from? Born in raised in rural VA. We've been living in California for a year now and hatin' every minute of it.

May 29th, 2011, 12:09 PM
MarineWife_03's Avatar Super Mommy
1) What do you call the place where you buy food and household items: the grocery store?

2) What do you call carbonated beverages: Pop... I'm from IL so that's what we say it, but I was also a manager in a hotel, so a lot of times I say soda now

3) What's thing with wheels that you put food and household items in while shopping: a cart! Not a buggy! lol

4) What's the thing you carry on your shoulder with your keys, money, phone and cosmetics: purse

5) Do you say y'all?: I do sometimes, we lived in NC for 4 years, so sometimes I do... really a lot of times I type it more than I say it!

6) Do you pronounce these words the same? (Mary, merry, marry): Yep

7) Do these words sound the same? (pin, pen): Eh, they sound different

8) Do you pronounce these words the same way? (aunt, ant): Yep

9) What do you call the public water drinking machine found in parks and schools?: water fountain... I did go to college in WI and they called it a Bubbler!!! Craziness!

10) Where are you from? Chicago!

Another one I thought of that people say differently is the ATM machine... I've heard people call it a MAC or something else crazy I can't remember.

2007- 3 Miscarriages -all reasons unknown
05/11- BFP
07/11- miscarriage #4-
12/11- first cycle to try IUI w/BFP
03/12- miscarraige #5 at 12weeks
12/12- miscarriage #6 at 8 weeks
May 29th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Super Mommy
1) What do you call the place where you buy food and household items: The grocery store

2) What do you call carbonated beverages: Pop

3) What's thing with wheels that you put food and household items in while shopping: A cart

4) What's the thing you carry on your shoulder with your keys, money, phone and cosmetics: A purse. Or bag. but usually purse.

5) Do you say y'all?: No...

7) Do these words sound the same? (pin, pen): Nope, different

8) Do you pronounce these words the same way? (aunt, ant): yes.

9) What do you call the public water drinking machine found in parks and schools?: A drinking fountain...

10) Where are you from? Cincinnati, born and raised, and eagerly wanting to move in a few yrs!!

May 29th, 2011, 12:24 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1) What do you call the place where you buy food and household items: commissary, supermarket or grocery store

2) What do you call carbonated beverages: soda

3) What's thing with wheels that you put food and household items in while shopping: shopping cart

4) What's the thing you carry on your shoulder with your keys, money, phone and cosmetics: um...jeans...lol I don't carry a purse or a pocketbook (I use these tersm, smaller things are purses bigger ones are pocketbooks)

5) Do you say y'all?: sometimes, I lived in SC for 3 years and TX for almost 5

6) Do you pronounce these words the same? (Mary, merry, marry): no, they all have their own distinct pronunciation

7) Do these words sound the same? (pin, pen): no! my hubby does and I tease him for it.

8) Do you pronounce these words the same way? (aunt, ant): just about

9) What do you call the public water drinking machine found in parks and schools?: water fountain

10) Where are you from? NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife_03 View Post
1)

Another one I thought of that people say differently is the ATM machine... I've heard people call it a MAC or something else crazy I can't remember.
Yes, people call it a MAC because they used to have MAC written on them. It stands for Money Access Center. I used to call them MAC when I still lived in NJ....my family still does. I call it an ATM now though.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 29th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Treysmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1) What do you call the place where you buy food and household items:grocery store

2) What do you call carbonated beverages:soda

3) What's thing with wheels that you put food and household items in while shopping:shopping cart

4) What's the thing you carry on your shoulder with your keys, money, phone and cosmetics:purse

5) Do you say y'all?:sometimes...lol

6) Do you pronounce these words the same? (Mary, merry, marry):yep

7) Do these words sound the same? (pin, pen):no they sound diff

8) Do you pronounce these words the same way? (aunt, ant):sometimes...lol

9) What do you call the public water drinking machine found in parks and schools?:water fountine(sp?)

10) Where are you from? I have pretty much lived in Florida my whole life

Thank you Chelsea for my beautiful siggy!!
May 29th, 2011, 01:32 PM
The Natalie's Avatar !!!!!!!!!
1) What do you call the place where you buy food and household items: Supercenter.

2) What do you call carbonated beverages: Soda

3) What's thing with wheels that you put food and household items in while shopping:Shopping Cart.

4) What's the thing you carry on your shoulder with your keys, money, phone and cosmetics: Purse.

5) Do you say y'all?: Yes, I do, ya'll.

6) Do you pronounce these words the same? (Mary, merry, marry): Yes.

7) Do these words sound the same? (pin, pen): Not actually. To me: Pen sounds like a short e and Pin sounds like a long ee sound.

8) Do you pronounce these words the same way? (aunt, ant): Yes.

9) What do you call the public water drinking machine found in parks and schools?: Water fountain

10) Where are you from? Edmond, OK

May 29th, 2011, 01:37 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
What do you call the place where you buy food and household items:grocery store

2) What do you call carbonated beverages:pop

3) What's thing with wheels that you put food and household items in while shopping:cart

4) What's the thing you carry on your shoulder with your keys, money, phone and cosmetics:purse

5) Do you say y'all?:not really

6) Do you pronounce these words the same? (Mary, merry, marry):[COLOR="indigo"]yeah/COLOR]

7) Do these words sound the same? (pin, pen):no

8) Do you pronounce these words the same way? (aunt, ant):yeah mostly

9) What do you call the public water drinking machine found in parks and schools?:drinking fountain

10) Where are you from? Western NY [/QUOTE]

May 29th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1) What do you call the place where you buy food and household items: Store

2) What do you call carbonated beverages: Sodapop (combo of growing up in the South and living in the Midwest)

3) What's thing with wheels that you put food and household items in while shopping: Buggy/Shopping Cart

4) What's the thing you carry on your shoulder with your keys, money, phone and cosmetics: Purse

5) Do you say y'all?: All the time

6) Do you pronounce these words the same? (Mary, merry, marry): I do but my mom's name is Mary and my dad says her name as "Mayry" lol and the aunts and uncles call her Mare

7) Do these words sound the same? (pin, pen): Yes

8) Do you pronounce these words the same way? (aunt, ant): Nope Aunt is with a long "u"

9) What do you call the public water drinking machine found in parks and schools?: The fountain

10) Where are you from? Grew up and spent most of my life in NC, relocated to Indiana near the Chicago area in 2004

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
May 29th, 2011, 02:09 PM
buffawuffa's Avatar Regular
How fun! Here are my answers...

1) What do you call the place where you buy food and household items: Store

2) What do you call carbonated beverages: pop

3) What's thing with wheels that you put food and household items in while shopping: cart

4) What's the thing you carry on your shoulder with your keys, money, phone and cosmetics: purse

5) Do you say y'all?: No

6) Do you pronounce these words the same? (Mary, merry, marry): I do...is that weird?

7) Do these words sound the same? (pin, pen): No

8) Do you pronounce these words the same way? (aunt, ant): Yes...

9) What do you call the public water drinking machine found in parks and schools?: drinking fountain

10) Where are you from? From the Chicago suburbs!
May 29th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Grocery store

Coke or soda water

3) What's thing with wheels that you put food and household items in while shopping:
buggy

4) What's the thing you carry on your shoulder with your keys, money, phone and cosmetics:
purse

5) Do you say y'all?:
Yeah.

yeah

yep

yeah lol

9) What do you call the public water drinking machine found in parks and schools?:
water fountain

10) Where are you from?
Texas
May 29th, 2011, 03:00 PM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
grocery store, but here the main store is Harris Teeter and DH and I call it Hairy Teet Teet!

soda

shopping cart

purse

5) Do you say y'all?:
yeah
yeah
no

yeah lol

water fountain

10) Where are you from?
NC
May 29th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Regular
1) What do you call the place where you buy food and household items: store

2) What do you call carbonated beverages:coke (all flavors & brands)

3) What's thing with wheels that you put food and household items in while shopping:buggy

5) Do you say y'all?: every chance I get...

6) Do you pronounce these words the same? (Mary, merry, marry):yep!

7) Do these words sound the same? (pin, pen):yep!

8) Do you pronounce these words the same way? (aunt, ant):yep!

9) What do you call the public water drinking machine found in parks and schools?: fountain

10) Where are you from? Polk (pronounced "poke") county, Fl

Totally in love with my bestfriend and husband Graham

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 29th, 2011, 03:48 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1) What do you call the place where you buy food and household items: grocery store

2) What do you call carbonated beverages: coke

3) What's thing with wheels that you put food and household items in while shopping: cart (DH says buggy)

4) What's the thing you carry on your shoulder with your keys, money, phone and cosmetics: purse (I lived in Rhode Island for 2 years after I graduated from college and they called it a pocketbook)

5) Do you say y'all?: yes

6) Do you pronounce these words the same? (Mary, merry, marry): yes

7) Do these words sound the same? (pin, pen): yes

8) Do you pronounce these words the same way? (aunt, ant): yes

9) What do you call the public water drinking machine found in parks and schools?: water fountain (when I was in Rhode Island they called it a bubbler)

10) Where are you from? Texas

May 29th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Grocery Store

Soda

Cart

Purse

5) Do you say y'all?:
YES!

Yes
no
Yes

water fountain
10) Where are you from?
Alabama
May 29th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Mistyx6's Avatar Mommy of 6
Send a message via MSN to Mistyx6
1) What do you call the place where you buy food and household items: Just the store everything is the store.

2) What do you call carbonated beverages:soda

3) What's thing with wheels that you put food and household items in while shopping: A shopping cart But Here I notice they call them Carriage

4) What's the thing you carry on your shoulder with your keys, money, phone and cosmetics: A purse But I dont carry one.

5) Do you say y'all?: no

7) Do these words sound the same? (pin, pen): Nope

8) Do you pronounce these words the same way? (aunt, ant):Yes

9) What do you call the public water drinking machine found in parks and schools?: water fountain

10) Where are you from? Im from Utah. I moved to Connecticut a year ago June 16th

May 29th, 2011, 04:21 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So for those that say Mary, merry and marry the same...how do you pronounce them? Do you say them all like Mary? or merry? or marry? Or would you not even know since you say them all the same, so you don't know which is right and which is wrong?

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 29th, 2011, 04:32 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
I say them all like this inogolo - Pronunciation of Mary : How to pronounce Mary

May 29th, 2011, 04:40 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1) What do you call the place where you buy food and household items: The store

2) What do you call carbonated beverages: Coke

3) What's thing with wheels that you put food and household items in while shopping: The Cart

4) What's the thing you carry on your shoulder with your keys, money, phone and cosmetics: A Purse

5) Do you say y'all?: Yes

7) Do these words sound the same? (pin, pen): Yes

8) Do you pronounce these words the same way? (aunt, ant): Yes

9) What do you call the public water drinking machine found in parks and schools?: The Water Fountain

10) Where are you from? Texas

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
May 29th, 2011, 05:37 PM
~SarahDid~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~SarahDid~
Grocery store

Soda pop

Buggy

Purse

5) Do you say y'all?:
Yes

Yes. I'm not really sure of the correct pronunciations...

Yes

Yes

Water hole! J/k water fountain.

10) Where are you from?
Born in Ill. Have lived in Tennessee since I was 6, so I'm from TN lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search