Birth Stories- amazing, inspiring, interesting!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2011, 11:49 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So, I am a birth junky. I love to read about birth and feel inspired by reading great birth stories. So, if anyone has one they would like to share feel free to do so. It can be your own or just any you find out there on the internet.

I just read this one today and it is amazing and interesting. The Birth of Stella Rose: Home Water Birth After Inverted T Cesarean Doula Momma

For the sake of our first time mommies, please put a disclaimer if you add any that may be scary in anyway, even if they have a good outcome.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
June 14th, 2011, 08:20 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Beautiful birth story! Good idea for this thread!

Here is Leila's hospital induction:
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f4...rth-story.html

and Owen's birth center water birth:
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...7-27-09-a.html (Owen Alexander- An All Natural Waterbirth 7/27/09)

You can see the difference a little more education and reading had on improving the birth! I read a lot in between the two births when I found out I was expecting Owen. I did not want a Dr doing what that OB did to me ever again!!! It is amazing to me what my empowerment from being able to deliver Leila without any pain meds did to my confidence to be able to deliver Owen in a birth center where pain meds were not available at all.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

June 14th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Owen's birth is amazing!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
June 21st, 2011, 09:22 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great idea! I love reading birth stories!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
July 2nd, 2011, 11:25 PM
My VBAC Story | Bloomington Area Birth Services

Sail Back to Me
August 19th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Crystal_Lynn's Avatar Ari and Zev's Mommy
What wonderful stories ladies. I'm nearly in tears.

Here is Ari's Birth story.

.My Pregnancy Blog.Last update: 01.05.12.

Some babies are born to soon and/or too sick. Arm yourself with knowledge, visit marchofdimes.com!
August 20th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Desiree McD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Torrence's Birth Story

I have nightmares, I won't lie. It's not really scary, but I just had a real bad experience.

Thank you, .:Shortcake:.!!

Facebook
August 21st, 2011, 12:15 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Such a horrendous birth!!! Next time argue with them that you will be taking your daughter and keeping her as long as you'd like! Also, I sure hope you are going to a different hospital!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

August 21st, 2011, 02:40 PM
cynb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't written up the birth stories for my first two, but I did write out my last DS's.

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...rth-story.html

I haven't finished reading everyone else's yet.
August 22nd, 2011, 10:52 AM
Desiree, your story is horrible! There was NO reason for them to treat you that way at all!

Cynthia, your story is awesome! Were your other babies induced?

Sail Back to Me
August 22nd, 2011, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg76 View Post
Cynthia, your story is awesome! Were your other babies induced?
With my first my water broke but labor didn't start and they started me on Pit within 2 hours. I was on pit for 12 hours before he was born. I opted for Nubain at hour 7 or 8 because I had only dilated 2 cm in that time (from 2 to 4) and the pit was killing me. The pit was terrible, and the nurses kept adjusting my drip. I didn't get the epi, and pushed a handful of times. I was 39 wks. I didn't know you could wait 24 hours for labor to start then. He was 7 lbs 14 oz.

With my second, I woke up in labor at 4:00am and labored all day. I went to the hospital at 5:30pm and delivered at 11:30pm. So nearly 20 hours, and quite a few hours longer than my first. I still didn't have to push very many times though, which is really nice. I was exhausted, still no epi but I did get a shot of Nubain hoping it would help me relax and sleep a little. It just made me high, it was awful. I was also really nervous and stressed. My EDD was wrong, I was really 38wks6days, but thought I was 37.6 and felt like it was too early. (The midwife read the wrong numbers but all my u/s's showed him measuring a week ahead which would be the date from my LMP as well.) He was 7 lbs even.

1 hour and 43 mins felt really short to DH and I. We didn't know what to do with ourselves after that.
August 22nd, 2011, 12:17 PM
Something I forgot to put in my birth story is that after his head and shoulders were out the nurse told me to reach down and get him so I got to pull his lower half out. I held him for 45 minutes with skin to skin before they took him to be weighed, he even nursed first. While they cleaned him up, I got cleaned up and took a shower so we could move to our mother/baby room.
August 24th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynb View Post
Something I forgot to put in my birth story is that after his head and shoulders were out the nurse told me to reach down and get him so I got to pull his lower half out. I held him for 45 minutes with skin to skin before they took him to be weighed, he even nursed first. While they cleaned him up, I got cleaned up and took a shower so we could move to our mother/baby room.
Aw, that is awesome! I would LOVE to be able to do that. Something to ask the OB when I go into labor. I should probably talk to the nurse about it too, she would be beneficial in getting them to see the benefit..lol

So you had one induction, yuck. Pitocin sucks.

Sail Back to Me
August 25th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Yeah, one induction, it was AWFUL! Pitocin really is the devil, and they kept turning it up. I think that if I had been seeing an OB they would have tried to get me to c section. It took 7 hours for 2cm progress. (2-4) and I know a lot of OB's in my area will label that as failure to progress, even though I did make it all the way on my own a few hours later.

My last labor/delivery was amazing, I am hopeful to have a similar experience this time.

Last edited by cynb; August 25th, 2011 at 04:50 PM.
August 25th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Oh, for sure you would have had a c-section with an OB!

I am hoping this labor is like my labor with my girls! About 4 hours from when I realized it was the 'real deal'.

Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search