Chellie's Journal: Dear Baby A

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2011, 07:06 AM
Chellie's Avatar Veteran
(I am SO happy to have a place to put my thoughts and experiences. I keep a Facebook but I don't want to be "that person" who spams their page with all sorts of boring/TMI/silly stuff. This seems like a great spot to put the day to day thoughts so I can limit my FB to big updates.)

Dear Baby A,

I can't stand referring to you as "it," but without knowing your gender yet it's kind of hard to come up with a pronoun. Since our top name choices for you are either Alexander or Anastasia, I've been calling you Baby A which seems a lot more personal than the dreaded "it."

You've been pretty dang good to me so far, kiddo. Maybe seeing your aunt's difficult pregnancy with Dominic put things in perspective for me. If she made it through 9 months of all-day morning sickness with a smile on her face, I could handle anything you could throw at me. I have, and I've enjoyed it - even when I could barely eat anything but toast!

We'll get our first look at you in just six days, Baby A. I can't wait to see you. I can't wait to find out if you'll be here before or after Christmas - or if there's more than one of you!

You've got a big family who can't wait to meet you, little one. You'll have more cousins than you'll know what to do with, aunts and uncles who will spoil you rotten, grandparents and great grandparents who will spoil you even more, and a very happy & excited Mommy and Daddy (who will do their best not to spoil you). It's a big, scary world you're heading into, but you've got all of us on your side to help you along.

Love,
Mommy

June 24th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Chellie's Avatar Veteran
Dearest Baby A,

Why are you making me crave ice cream tonight? Can you hold off until tomorrow when we go to the grocery store? I'd sure appreciate it.

Love,
Mommy

June 29th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Chellie's Avatar Veteran
Dear Baby A,

Today's the big day! We should get our first glimpse at you to find out how old you are and to make sure that you're healthy & strong. I'm so nervous and my heart is pounding terribly; I hope it isn't bothering you too much.

Love,
Mommy

July 25th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Chellie's Avatar Veteran
Dear Baby A,

You're just about 17 weeks old so we got to go for a checkup today. I just loved hearing your heart beating away!

In exactly two weeks we'll be getting another look at you. Time to start getting gussied up! Make sure you practice your waving and your tumbling; we want to make sure we get a good look at whether you're a little boy or girl so we can start calling you by your name!

Daddy is getting more & more excited as the days pass. He didn't get to come see you at your first ultrasound, so he's really looking forward to getting his first live glimpse on August 8th. He smiles when he looks at you making my tummy get all round; I know he can't wait for you to get here.

You just keep chilling out and getting bigger. We're being as patient as possible.

Love,
Mommy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search