Casey's Snowpea Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2011, 07:23 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I loved having a journal last time so I thought I would go ahead and start one. I got my BFP on April 24th, right before Easter! It was our first real cycle ttc after having Marina. I had completely stopped BFing at the end of March, took an OPK and it was positive. My LP was only 7 days and then my first PPAF came. This cycle I O'ed on CD 34 and thought that there was now ay I could actually conceive since I O'ed so late and the egg quality was probably not the greatest. We did have perfect timing, which gave me some hope. Late morning/early afternoon I took an IC at 8DPO and could have swore I saw a line. I assumed it was probably an evap and had a friend look at it and she said she saw a line and it was pink. I thought she was probably just trying to be positive for me though. We were having a girl day and I bought a ton of PG tests while we were getting stuff for our LOs Easter.

I went home and told DH I would be out in a little bit bc I had to use the bathroom. So I took another IC, thought I saw a line and went ahead and dipped the digi in the cup too. I was floored when I saw the word "pregnant" pop up in the window! I had snuck an Easter egg into the bathroom with me and put the IC in the egg. I told DH I had an Easter present for him and he opened and asked what it was. I then whipped out the digi and he was absolutely shocked (as was I still!). He said that he kind of had a feeling I was because the spotting and stuff I was having seemed so similar to when I was pg with Marina.

I have only had a few days of spotting and it's been gone for a couple days now. I have a really good feeling about everything, which is something new since I was terrified during the beginning of my pregnancy with Marina (where I bled a LOT!). My EDD based on O date is Jan. 5th! Can't think of a better way to ring in the New Year!

I had made an appointment with my OB for May 16th for clomid and my yearly, but looks like I will be asking for a u/s instead! Praying we see a hb and if we do we will tell everyone then. (I'm awful at keeping a secret!). My mom and two friends know and I told some people at work so that they would help me with lifting patients a little more.

Symptom wise I have had on and off nausea (which I never had with Marina), tender BBs, frequent urination, fatigue, moodiness, and alternate between constipation and diarrhea sorry!

Yesterday major bloat hit! I already have people asking me if I'm pg I'm so bloated! Here's the link to my first journal and pics if anyone wants to compare belly pics: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f8...days-left.html Sorry this was so long, LOL!

5 Weeks
Well, I've been having spotting on and off just like I did with Marina. I hate seeing that when I go to the bathroom. Even though I went through this exact same thing with Marina it's still hard. A part of me is so scared that I will have a big gush of blood like I did with Marina, but that this time things won't work out. Still trying to remain positive since I still do have good feelings about everything over all. I wouldn't be me if I wasn't worrying about something. Symptom wise I've been having on and off nausea which I didn't have with Marina. It seems like 30 min. after I eat every time it hits. I don't mind since it is reassuring. Major fatigue and have been needing naps on my days off. As you can tell from the pic bloat is still very much there! I got my blood drawn on Wednesday and my betas were 6,254. Very pleased with that number. Had my blood drawn on Friday at work but waiting on the results on Monday. Called the office on Friday but my OB was closed for Oaks. I hate how everything stops for Derby around here. Oh well. Looking forward to my u/s on May 16th. Praying to see a hb since I will be 6 weeks 4 days. Honestly don't know how I will be able to handle it if I don't see one. I'm so very attached already...

Weeks 6&7
On May 16th we got to see a hb!!! I can't even begin to describe how thrilled we are. Baby was bigger than Marina was when we first saw her hb. It's amazing how big a difference a few days make! Symptoms are the same for weeks 6 & 7. Pretty much constant nausea and fatigue. I tried the preggie pops and that was a complete waste. Ginger ale didn't help, but luckily a lady at work suggested peppermint and it does help a little. Been having some problems with major dizziness which kind of scares me since I have to chase Marina around. Overall, thrilled to have my symptoms because it helps me know that things are right on track. Next appointment is June 22nd and if we can't hear the hb then my OB said he'd just give me another u/s. Love him!

11 Weeks
Definately looks like I'm starting to show already. It's not bloat and my belly feels firmer already. My uterus feels heavy already! DH is convinced that we are having twins and he is so sure it's really making me wonder if he's on to something... I have my next appointment next week and if I'm measuring way ahead then I'll ask for a u/s to see. My OB is pretty awesome about things like that. I may end up with one anyway if we can't hear a hb on the doppler. Pretty excited about the appointment! Feeling pretty good now. Still really tired, but the nausea is only constant on days when I have to work usually or when I'm stressed. Nothing like a stinky ICU to make a prego lady feel sick! That's pretty much it for now! Will try to do better with the pics and updates.

12 Weeks!
Doing great so far! Heard Snowpea's hb on the doppler on June 22nd at the OBs office. There was just one so I won the bet with DH! Whoever was right about the number of snowpeas would get to pick the middle name if it turns out to be a girl. No Juniper as a middle name now, whew! Fatigue is slowly letting up a bit, but the nausea hits me pretty strong at weird times. I got so sick and nauseated when Jeff cooked his dinner. Just the thought of his chicken fingers almost made me break my no vomit streak! I felt awful and was curled up in a ball from the nausea the rest of the night I will take the nausea if it means snowpea is getting big and strong though. Next appointment is July 18th and we will probably talk about scheduling my GD test and hopefully the gender scan! I'm so excited to find out what we are having, which really surprises me since I thought I would be a little disappointed that we aren't waiting till the end again. Just more time to shop, lol! I had to break down and buy some maternity clothes already. I haven't gained a pound but my stomach is so big already! Yay for comfy clothes even if it is a little embarrassing that I'm already shopping the maternity section.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search