Registry?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2011, 02:21 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Now that we are either in or nearing the 2nd tri and we can start looking forward to the future... are you going to create a registry? Where will you register?

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
June 29th, 2011, 02:27 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am. I'm undecided. We have Babies R Us and we are getting a new store called Buy Buy Baby. I might just go with Babies R Us since that's more widespread.

My BFF, who has a 9 month old, is going to go with us when we register because I have no clue what I will really need.

June 29th, 2011, 02:47 PM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started one on amazon but that was more for me and entering a giveaway. Probably just BRU but it won't have much.
June 29th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Chellie's Avatar Veteran
I started one at Target. It's a "work in progress" and I haven't shared it with anyone yet except my mom & sister so they could go through it and help me narrow down what I need/don't need.

Right now I figure I'll just have a Target registry since they have the crib I want, since they have stores everywhere, and since it's easy to order online for out of town friends/family. I like to keep things simple.

June 29th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anybodyinthere View Post
I am. I'm undecided. We have Babies R Us and we are getting a new store called Buy Buy Baby. I might just go with Babies R Us since that's more widespread.

My BFF, who has a 9 month old, is going to go with us when we register because I have no clue what I will really need.
I have heard of Buy Buy Baby and people love them! Haven't been there myself though.

June 29th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbityBoo View Post
I have heard of Buy Buy Baby and people love them! Haven't been there myself though.
I was thrilled when we got one in town, as their website looked kind of decent. However, when it came, the store seemed...underwhelming. The variety of clothing was awful, the baby hardware seemed to focus on the SUPER expensive, the formula and diapers were well above what I pay at Target or even the grocery store. Just all around disappointed.
June 29th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
^ I like Buy Buy Baby better than BRU. Their clothes are worse, but I don't buy clothes there or at BRU. And I think that most baby specific places will charge more for items that require recurring purchases (like diapers).

I'm not doing one this time. We did one at BRU with DD. All the big stuff we purchased is gender neutral, so we can definitely reuse it. The only things we'll need are clothes if it's a boy.

June 29th, 2011, 03:54 PM
ArmyWifey_MrsCurtis's Avatar missing our 1st miracle
Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyWifey_MrsCurtis Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyWifey_MrsCurtis
We are going to do Target and Babies'R'Us. I'm soooo excited to register. Just waiting to find out the sex!

7/11/2011 - Our First Miracle Grew Wings at 11 weeks & 3 days.
(You will be in our hearts forever & ever baby love)

-With God, All things are possible.. Matthew 19:26 ♥
-Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you.. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 ♥

June 29th, 2011, 03:57 PM
I'm not doing one either since this is #4! lol There are a few new things I want but we can buy them ourselves, no biggie!

I really want one of those Rock N Play things! They must have come out right after Kate was born last year. I guess they are amazing, haven't heard a bad thing about them. I'm excited to use it! I also want new bedding. But I think I will wait to buy that when baby is here since I'm hoping to stay on Team Green!

June 29th, 2011, 05:17 PM
everafter's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbityBoo View Post
I've been to Buy Buy Baby (BBB) and love it.....it's HUGE and they have such cute stuff.....espec. the girl bedding

I like Babiesrus because it's a bit more well structured.....BBB is a lot like Bed Bath & Beyond....stocked up to the ceiling and I like to be able to have stuff on eye level...

Anyway....I will register at Target because I got a "Get a $ 15 gift card if you create a baby registry", one with Babiesrus and BBB (if they have that).....

But I will wait for the gender scan first, to be sure the doctor was right about it being a girl, or to find out she was wrong (I hope not !!!)

June 29th, 2011, 05:23 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
I probably won't. my mom always buys a ton of stuff when one of us gets pregnant, and plus, I already have a few of the big things from when erin was a baby (crib, bassinette, etc). my sister has been giving me stuff here and there, and when we find out that the baby is a boy (lol) she'll have a bunch of clothes to give me that will be the right season

<3

<3
June 29th, 2011, 05:24 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started one when I found out I was pregnant.. hehe I probably don't even remember their passwords. haha! I was too excited!

June 29th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Buy Buy Baby is a more upscale version of Babies R Us but not nearly as upscale as some of the boutique stores. But the best part is they take Bed Bath and Beyond coupons so you can basically get everything 20% off. If I were you I'd register at both! People can also order online at Buy Buy Baby if they don't live near you.

I'm probably not going to register because it is my second, though if we end up having a girl i might change my mind. I didn't have a shower with my first but I really wouldn't mind if my friends throw one for me (my mom won't since showers are not traditional for Jews)

June 29th, 2011, 06:39 PM
everafter's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaLee1975 View Post
Buy Buy Baby is a more upscale version of Babies R Us but not nearly as upscale as some of the boutique stores. But the best part is they take Bed Bath and Beyond coupons so you can basically get everything 20% off. If I were you I'd register at both! People can also order online at Buy Buy Baby if they don't live near you.

I'm probably not going to register because it is my second, though if we end up having a girl i might change my mind. I didn't have a shower with my first but I really wouldn't mind if my friends throw one for me (my mom won't since showers are not traditional for Jews)
Thanks Becca.....that's good to know !!!!!! Now it makes sense that it looks so much like the Bed Bath Beyond for babies .....

I have no family here or anywhere close, but I do have 2 friends that just might throw me a baby shower as excited as they were for me today ....

But since I'm SUPER picky in taste I will make sure I have plenty of registry items available....just in case

June 29th, 2011, 06:57 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
i dont think we are having a shower so i wont be making one.
June 29th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Regular
I think I'll prob start working on it a little bit and really finish it up when I know the gender. I don't really have friends locally so it's more for the fun of doing it!
June 30th, 2011, 07:51 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I will make one for Target for sure and maybe BRU but it will be after the gender ultrasound.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
June 30th, 2011, 07:53 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We will do Target and BRU again. Not because we expect a bunch of showers or anything, but will give my mom and DH's parents ideas on what to get me for Christmas as well

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search