Recontemplating the NT testing...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2011, 03:41 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
I have never been one to do the extra testing and u/s and hoopla. I think pregnancy is a normal, natural process and all will be found out in time. I don't like the false positives with that test and wouldn't take it any further than the bloodwork and u/s. However, I called my midwife today to schedule my 18 week anatomy scan and she asked me about the NT testing again, even though I have denied.

Anyway, here I am 13 weeks tomorrow and desperate to find out boy or girl. I literally would be going for this u/s primarily to see baby and find out an idea on gender. Is this dumb???? WDYT??

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

June 29th, 2011, 04:07 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haha! It's not dumb to think about it, but I'm on the same page as you in terms of the extra testing. But you don't do the extra testing for a reason, so don't compromise your beliefs just because you are anxious to know the gender!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
June 29th, 2011, 04:14 PM
littlebeansmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
At my office I'm told up front that they do not look at or tell gender during the NT scan. Mine was today and all she looked at was the parts of the baby she needed to in order to get the measurements for the screening and then my scan was over. We did see several full body shots of baby, but nothing that would even allow us to guess as to the gender.

Do you know the policy of the place you would have the NT scan done? If they would be like my office, you would be going and having a scan you were originally against, for nothing except to see your baby on the screen for a little while.
DS #1:

My precious angel DS#2:

My rainbow DS#3:

My Princess #4:
June 29th, 2011, 04:26 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
its not dumb at all to feel that way! i would LOVE to find out what i'm having right now! but, i would remind myself of the false positives that can come along with it, and the added stress that may be unwarranted. and at 13 weeks, you may not find out anything, where at 18 weeks, you have a much better chance

<3

<3
June 29th, 2011, 04:40 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Thanks ladies. I am just so ready for us to get to the 18 week point!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

June 29th, 2011, 04:41 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
meeee toooo!!! can't wait!

<3

<3
June 29th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Mistyx6's Avatar Mommy of 6
Send a message via MSN to Mistyx6
I am too! But like the others said the added stress may not be worth it. If I wasnt on depo when I got pregnant I wouldnt have had the testing either. I didnt with any of my babies. But since noone told me the effects depo could have on a baby I went ahead and did the test.

June 29th, 2011, 05:25 PM
everafter's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleBoobyDutyJen View Post
I have never been one to do the extra testing and u/s and hoopla. I think pregnancy is a normal, natural process and all will be found out in time. I don't like the false positives with that test and wouldn't take it any further than the bloodwork and u/s. However, I called my midwife today to schedule my 18 week anatomy scan and she asked me about the NT testing again, even though I have denied.

Anyway, here I am 13 weeks tomorrow and desperate to find out boy or girl. I literally would be going for this u/s primarily to see baby and find out an idea on gender. Is this dumb???? WDYT??
I honestly just got the test done since it meant to see the baby again....and after my 3 miscarriages and fading symptoms I was relieved to get this opportunity and not having to wait 8 more weeks or more.....

Finding out that baby's nuchal fold is 1.8 and seems perfectly healthy at this time was a big plus !!!

Finding out it's 95 % girl is exciting, but.....I'm not quite running around to buy pink pink pink yet....

I will wait until the gender scan or buy a 3D u/s at around 20 weeks if I can spare the money by then.....

June 29th, 2011, 05:27 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm doing it pretty much to see the baby again. My aunts child had downs so I'm having them check but I dont think its hereditary so im not worried.

June 29th, 2011, 06:14 PM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
I wasn't going to have it done, but after hearing some of the information from the other women on this board and then doing some more research on my own I decided to do it. When the nurse first told me about it, I told her, I don't think I want it, but I don't know if I can pass up a chance to peek at my baby, and she said that if I don't get the NT scan done at 12 weeks they will do a regular u/s at 14 weeks just to check growth and dates. Do you know if you'd get another u/s before the 18/20 week anatomy u/s?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search