Truthful Thursday (gtky)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2011, 06:01 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tell me five things about yourself that we might be surprised to learn

Here are mine:
1. I love to listen to hip-hop music when I clean or exercise, the fast pace of the music keeps me motivated.

2. I met my husband at a psych hospital (We were staff members not patients I promise!)

3. I am very shy and insecure and always afraid that people don't like me (even online sometimes) which is ridiculous I know.

4. I love to watch my ABC soap operas and am so sad they are going to be cancelled soon.

5. I love to read! I could read a book or two a day before I had Marina. I'm a very fast reader.

June 30th, 2011, 06:20 AM
LilBecca's Avatar Veteran
1. I actually met my hubby online... never thought it would work, but here we are!

2. I absolutely cannot stand the sight taste or smell of peanut butter! But, I LOVE Reeses. Go figure!

3. I graduated H.S. a year late as a super senior cuz I was young, dumb and dropped out. (But I went back the following school year cuz working at McDonalds was NOT my idea of success!)

4. I don't dip my french fries in Ketchup, I prefer BBQ Sauce.

5. I was in choir from 6th grade through my super senior year in H.S. and LOVED every minute of it! I'm a huge music nerd!

June 30th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Veteran
1. My ex & I (we dated for almost 3 years), tried to get pregnant for 6 months - we lived together & even lived in Mississippi for a year & a half together - but it never worked... When we broke up, I "dated" Craig as a rebound & BAM - got pregnant without even trying. Funny how things work, eh?

2. I worked at Autozone (an Auto parts store) for almost 5 years - & I know NOTHING about cars still, hahaha

3. In college, my major was English & my minor was Biology, which people find strange because they are so opposite

4. My dad is gay.

5. I love cupcakes an abnormal amount & could eat/make them every day & never get tired of them

June 30th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1. I knew I'd marry my husband after our first date even though we were only 22 (which is unheard of around here).
2. I read a book every week, if not more, and have done so since the week I graduated college.
3. I love to travel.
4. I despise ketchup - pregnant or not, the sight of it makes me sick.
5. I'm really good at sudoku.

June 30th, 2011, 08:27 AM
The Natalie's Avatar !!!!!!!!!
1. I love to sing and still have dreams of being "discovered" someday. Probably not but it would be nice even if it was just in a MWR (Morale, Welfare and Recreation) American Idol type of contest.

2. We have never lived on post, but since living here at this base in these apartments I feel like I can only imagine what the women that do live on post put up with from their neighbors.

3. I am addicted to the Glamour magazine.

4. I am also addicted to dark chocolate.

5. Before I got pregnant I was developing a fascination for wine since they don't sell it in grocery stores in Oklahoma and they do in Texas. The whole concept of picking up a bottle of wine while grocery shopping seemed kinda fun to me for some reason.

June 30th, 2011, 08:30 AM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. I eat meat, but I think steak is disgusting. I won't eat it.
2. In the past 3 years, I have traveled more internationally than I have domestically.
3. One of my cars is a stick and I have no idea how to drive it.
4. I am extremely interested in meteorology and follow the weather maps, radars, computer models avidly, especially during hurricane season. (we get them here)
5. I love coffee but I used to hate it.

June 30th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1)I have flown once and it was the most terrifying experience I have ever had. Never again.

2) For about 18 months I was totally disgusted by shrimp, I would not touch them and looking at them made me want to vomit. things are fine now!

3) I love studying foreign languages, but never make a long term effort of it. I get bored!

4)Ultra-patriotism is disturbing to me

5)My favorite food is Kraut.
June 30th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. I have a very HARD time not stepping in when other teens are mean to mine on FaceBook (which the kids hate.)

2. I too am insecure about people and their approval.

3. I love reading

4. An absolute fanatic of Little House On The Prairie

5. I have a hard time sticking to projects.

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
June 30th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Mistyx6's Avatar Mommy of 6
Send a message via MSN to Mistyx6
1. I bite my nails
2. I also met my SO on the internet 11 years ago
3. I moved to CT from UT to be with him
4. pink is my absolute favorite color. But im so not a girly girl.
5. My favorite movie is labyrinth

June 30th, 2011, 10:37 AM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
1. I love the beach, but I am terrified of large bodies of water
2. I love home improvements and I start them every time I have off from work, but I have no idea what I am doing and rarely finish (the kitchen in still only partially repainted) Thankfully my DH is a perfectionist, and will often times finish them for me and make them look great
3. I really want to learn how to fix cars, buy a new car and pimp my ride, but I still don't know how to change a tire or my oil.
4. I'm addicted to facebook
5. I am really into beer. Microbrews, and homebrews. My DH makes his own beer, and I brewed a strawberry wheat beer once myself.

June 30th, 2011, 10:49 AM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. My dad's Irish my Mom's puerto rican... We joke and say that's where my temper comes from. =)
2. I loove photography and art. I'd like to be a photographer. Or a tattoo artist. lol
3. I haate to do the dishes. Id rather scrub the toilet than do the dishes.
4. I couldn't stand my fiance in high school. He even tried talking to me and I'd shoot him a dirty look and walk away.. Now look at us!
5. I'm a tom boy at heart. I've become more girly but I still would rather hang with the guys then gossip with the girls.

June 30th, 2011, 11:00 AM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
This is fun!

1. I used to be really, really, really, really shy. I once broke my finger intentionally to get out of doing an oral presentation in English class in middle school. I got over it through sheer force of will, after my friend talked me into signing up for improv club in high school, and I had panic attacks every day for 6 months.

2. I was raised totally vegan, which fell apart as soon as I tasted bacon for the first time. I went a little overboard on meat for a while, but now I eat mostly vegetarian again. Except I love sashimi and blue rare steak. People seem to think that's odd...

3. I've fostered probably 50-60 dogs and cats for rescue groups. Most were really short term - they needed a place to live for a couple of days to get them out of the high kill shelter into a no kill shelter or something - but I used up most of my favorite baby names on them.

4. I am really into music - my parents and stepparents are all professional musicians, which gave me a bit of a head start, I work in a music supply store, and I plan to go to school for music eventually, and I play several instruments, although primarily tuba nowadays.

5. I've never had a best friend before.

June 30th, 2011, 11:16 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. I also met my hubby on the Internet, 13 years ago before the internet was the huge thing it is now. I 'stalked' him on AOL.

2. I have been in three branches of the military. Arym Reserve, Army National Guard and Air Force.

3. Somedays all I eat is beef and veggies, lots and lots of beef. And most days I eat about 4 eggs.

4. We drove from NJ to Alaska last summer with 4 children and a dog. The trip totaled over 5000 miles because we made it a sight seeing adventure and stopped at a lot of really cool places like Glacier National Park and Yellowstone.

5. I was almost kicked out of hte Air Force 2 years ago because I was too fat and couldn't pass my fitness test.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
June 30th, 2011, 11:25 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple-scruff View Post
This is fun!

2. I was raised totally vegan, which fell apart as soon as I tasted bacon for the first time. I went a little overboard on meat for a while, but now I eat mostly vegetarian again. Except I love sashimi and blue rare steak. People seem to think that's odd...

Bacon is meat candy, it is always considered a 'gateway drug' for many vegan/vegetarian drop outs....lol

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
June 30th, 2011, 11:32 AM
iscah's Avatar Veteran
1. I also met my SO on the internet... we met on plentyoffish.com and have been in love since our first date

2. I live in a "fancy" apartment complex with stores and restaurants on the ground floors... chinese, pizza, subs, steak, thai, and sushi are within 5 seconds walking distance from my apartment! Too bad "morning" sickness is keeping me from eating all these goodies right now!

3. My dad was the fire chief for the city we live in, but passed away 2 years ago... I am his spitting image.

4. My SO started a garden this year with cucumbers, tomatoes, squash, beans, and peppers. I can't wait to feel well enough to start eating out of his garden!!

5. My SO and I do not currently live together, but plan on moving in after the baby comes. Between us, we have 3 pets... a yellow lab named Lucy, a black and white freckled Blue Heeler named Brody, and a Ragdoll cat named Maximus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyx6 View Post
1. I bite my nails
2. I also met my SO on the internet 11 years ago
3. I moved to CT from UT to be with him
4. pink is my absolute favorite color. But im so not a girly girl.
5. My favorite movie is labyrinth

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the movie Labyrinth, too!! You remind me of the babe....
June 30th, 2011, 12:10 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
1. i hate the dark.
2.i have rods in my back.
3. i have the rods in my back because i have severe scoliosis.
4.i only listen to country music.
5. i dont like to eat meat.
June 30th, 2011, 12:26 PM
melissa_rae's Avatar Ready to be a Mommy.
1. When DF and I met he had been in a 8 year relationship with a total . He told me they were over. It was such a complicated situation. He went back to her but left three months later. I had already moved to LA to be with my mom when he called and told me he had made a mistake and wanted to me to come back. I packed my stuff and was on a plane the next day. We have been together ever since.

2. I used to be a very good softabll player until I messed up while I was dancing.

3. My real dad and me met for the first time when I was 19. After 19 years he is finally in my life and just had a baby with his new girlfriend.

4. Both my siblings are super younger then me. My brother is going to be 12 and my sister is going to be 1.

5. My mom and I used to be BEST friends. I wish we still were super close like we used to be.

"It's hard to wait around for something
that might not never be,
but it's harder to let go when it is EVERYTHING
you ever wanted."

Last edited by melissa_rae; June 30th, 2011 at 12:31 PM.
June 30th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Veteran
Oooohh, I love this!

1. DH and I were high school and college sweethearts and got married at 21.

2. I am terrified of spiders (other than the itty bitty ones) and I get incredibly irrational when it comes to dealing with them.

3. I used to be really, really smart before I had kids. We joke now that I gave all my good brain cells to my first two kiddos and we're just hoping this third one comes out cute.

4. I love to bake and I love to feed people. This is apparently why I have such a hard time losing weight.

5. I am always strong and totally there for my family, but when things get really hard, I still count on my mom to be strong and totally there for me. I really want to pass that legacy down to my kids.

Thank you so much .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search