Too Much TMI...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So my sex drive has stayed pretty high... and especially now that my nausea has backed off we've been DTD pretty often. So the problem I've had is that, for the first time in my life, I now have to use lube most of the time. I knew this might be an issue, but I'm wondering if any BTDT moms out there have had this experience and if it changed back after the baby was born or if it's a permanent change...

June 30th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
Idk about that. But I'm right there w u on the high sex drive.
Unfortunately the dr ordered me not to have sex until I'm done w the progesterone at 12 weeks.
It's absolutely killing me. I had that bloody tissue come out the last time we had sex and the dr didn't want to risk any issues.

During my last pregnancy once I was finally able to have sex, I was pretty dry.

Although not dry during these very odd "wet dreams" I had in late pregnancy. The first time I've ever had those. Lol. Idk where they came from.

The joys of pregnancy...

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

June 30th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Veteran
I think it's pretty common to have changes all throughout pregnancy and the postpartum months while your hormones are all over the place. I had more of an issue with dryness after having my babies and pretty much the whole time I was nursing, but once I stopped breastfeeding at a year, things got back to normal pretty quickly.

I say just count your blessings that you still feel like DTD I've been so sick and miserable that hubby hasn't been near me in over two months. I'm really starting to feel bad for the poor man.

Thank you so much .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

June 30th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Treysmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was like that when I was pregnant with my son and it did go back to normal a few months after he was born

Thank you Chelsea for my beautiful siggy!!
June 30th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies... it kinda takes away some of the fun of not having to worry about protection when you have to stop and break out the lube!

June 30th, 2011, 06:09 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had the same problem when I was pregnant. And the only time I had that problem after was while I was on birth control. But when we stopped the birth control, everything went back to normal.

June 30th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Regular
Very lucky for you on that one! Ever since my first pregnancy I have lost my sex drive completely, and my personal lubrication! I have had to use lube for sex since my first pregnancy in 2006. I hope it's not the same for you!
July 1st, 2011, 09:33 AM
cynb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I have been pregnant or nursing since 2005 and I have needed lube the whole time. I have been very dry. I think that after I finish nursing and the hormones go back to normal it would go back to normal, but who knows?
July 1st, 2011, 09:46 AM
melissa_rae's Avatar Ready to be a Mommy.
My sex drive has been coming and going. && when I am in the mood and we do actually have sex inset cant seem to get wet. DF refuses to buy lube (i dont know why but its on him if he does not want to have sex) but I have read that it is totally normal. I thought it would not happen until AFTER I had the baby but that was one of my first signs.
July 1st, 2011, 11:19 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
sorry i am no help my sex drive has dropped drastically.
July 1st, 2011, 07:35 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Definitely not my usual level of natural lube here either. However, I much more prefer these levels because normally for me it can just be gross! My desire is up too so I get it! I would use lube if it was low but so far it is just so so.

I have been pregnant or nursing since 2007 like Cynthia and basically it has not been normal since then. My interest in DTD has varied depending on what was going on.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search