My PSA-following Jessie's cue!! PLEASE READ!!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2011, 11:07 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Please look into car seat safety BEFORE baby gets here!!! Seriously, 95% of people are improperly using their carseats!

Here is the link to the car seat safety board on JM. These ladies seriously rock!! They will quickly answer any and all questions you have or direct you to where you can find it out!

Also, since our babies will be born in winter time (for a lot of us, that is!!!) make sure you check out (Lurker with a ?) their information on how to keep you LO safe in winter gear. It truly can save a life!!! There should be NO bulky winter snow suit in the way between straps and baby! Buy a fleece jacket or suit instead and a cover for over the car seat. Any other way and baby is not safe.

Trust me, I will be back with more car seat Nazi instructions!! I hate seeing babies and kids buckled incorrectly!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 2nd, 2011, 01:43 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
And please, when it is time to take home the babies, I don't want to read one person complain about the baby being cold if it isn't in a snow suit. Being cold for a few minutes while the car warms up will not hurt them!

I live in one of the coldest inhabited places in the world, and YES we do take our children's heavy coats off before we buckle them into their seatbelts. It takes a few minutes extra but it saves lives!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 2nd, 2011, 05:24 AM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess_ken View Post
ASK YOUR LOCAL FIRE DEPARTMENT ABOUT SEAT INSTALLATION!!! WE HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO!
most fire departments install car seats
That must be a USA thing because here the firefighters do not know what they are doing at all. I even tried to train my Dad who is a firefighter and he still failed at installing the seat to my standards.

I am the only one allowed to install car seats for my kiddos because nobody else in my family does it right. I dont know how they dont get it less than an inch of give so if it is still wiggling obviously it isnt tight enough!! I love love my car seat cover with the zipper blanket with just a light fleece fall type onesie for baby. This way they are safe and they dont over heat in a long car ride.
July 2nd, 2011, 05:37 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Lurker but you can find a certified tech in your area here: https://ssl13.cyzap.net/dzapps/dbzap...afekidscertSQL

Please don't assume that they're certified just because they're a firefighter. A lot of firefighters want to help (and offer) but truly have no idea what they're doing.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
July 2nd, 2011, 07:11 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie View Post
Lurker but you can find a certified tech in your area here: https://ssl13.cyzap.net/dzapps/dbzap...afekidscertSQL

Please don't assume that they're certified just because they're a firefighter. A lot of firefighters want to help (and offer) but truly have no idea what they're doing.
Thanks for coming over to post this!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 2nd, 2011, 09:56 AM
Veteran
Oh how I love finding other mommies that are as passionate about car seat safety as I am!

My only advice other than what these awesome ladies have already said is to make sure that you and anyone else who will be taking care of baby knows how to properly buckle him or her into the carseat. The chest clip is supposed to be positioned at armpit level, NOT across baby's stomach! And the straps are supposed to be pulled snug, not left loose. Carseats are designed to function properly only when you follow the guidelines for how to use them.

Okay, stepping down from my soap box now.

Thank you so much .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

July 2nd, 2011, 11:53 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
most hospitals make sure the carseat is in correctly before you can leave the hospital with baby..at least ours in the area are all like that. oh and one thing that bugs me a chest clips...make sure its on the CHEST, not the belly!
July 2nd, 2011, 04:17 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for posting this! Nothing makes me hotter than an improperly restrained child! I highly encourage rear facing as long as possible! So much safer!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search