I was told today that I looked pregnant

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2011, 04:37 PM
Veteran

I know its still mostly all fat- but a friend of mine told me today that I looked pregnant! I had on a flowy-ish dress that had a higher waistline and a pair of leggings (all non- maternity, but SO comfy). I told her it was still all just "fat" and she insisted that no, it wasn't fat, I was looking pregnant. She said, and I quote, "You've worn this outfit before and never looked pregnant in it- it's definitely your pregnancy showing!"

Totally made my day!

Oh- and I woke up this morning feeling fabulous! I was even able to go to my church's 4th of July picnic out at the park, and I was able to eat the picnic food (hamburger, beans, watermelon- even a slice of lemon meringue pie!!). I was SO glad that I got to go- I have been debating it for days, and I knew if it was too hot, or if I felt too sick, I'd have to miss it- but I was feeling great, and there was a nice breeze in the shade. I was with my family (parents, 1 of my brothers and my sister- we all go to the same church) and I told my mom, I could go, as long I was seated in the shade and didn't have to move- and that's exactly what happened! I made sure to only drink water, and it was a great success. Granted, I came home and took a 2hr nap- but still!

So- for some reason, I'm back to feeling better! I feel a bit "off" tonight, but nothing unbearable! I've not thrown up since yesterday evening- oh, that's another story.... So, I was brave and made a fast trip to Walmart with my mom last night. We were literally at the store for less than 30 minutes. I had to find somewhere to sit while my mom checked out, and when I came home I ended up getting sick and dizzy. It's amazing that even just a simple trip to Walmart can wear me out so much!

So- I don't know if this is another fluke- or the real deal. Whatever it is- I will enjoy it while it lasts!

July 2nd, 2011, 07:55 PM
Veteran
Yay! It is so nice when the bump finally looks like a baby bump rather than a food bump.

I'm so jealous that you got to go out! I'm still pretty miserable and pukey. I had to go the dr on Thursday and the car trip got me going to the point where I threw up all day yesterday. I still can't even move around at home without throwing up. But one of these weeks I'm going to start getting better and then I'm going to have to make up for all these weeks I've done nothing but sit on the couch. Church, shopping, taking the kids to the pool, heck, at this point I'd settle for a quick run to the grocery store.

Thank you so much .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

July 2nd, 2011, 08:11 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom told me I'm finally showing yesterday. And that my face was thinning out.. Made my day too. It's nice to be noticed for being pregnant instead of chubby.

July 3rd, 2011, 08:00 AM
~Meg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had people ask me yesterday at our local festival how many weeks I was. I felt like an idiot saying 13 since I look 23. Everyone couldn't believe how "big" I looked. I went home feeling like crap. Jason kept saying your not big your pregnant. Your supposed to look that way.

On the plus side YAY for eating and having a great day! You picked a great weekend to feel good!
Gotta be careful with those walmart trips with the HG. I got that way at lowes two weekends ago. I was in line when mine kicked in. It was awful. It truly is amazing how your energy is just gone after spending so much time taking it easy.

Last edited by ~Meg; July 3rd, 2011 at 08:15 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search