I think I've fallen in love with a girls name

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2011, 05:22 PM
Veteran
I know its still early to be thinking about names- but I had to take this BORING annual 3hr compliance training for my job yesterday (the computer reads the whole thing to you and you can't skip ahead until its done reading....so slow, so boring, so everything I already know! LOL). Anyhow, while I was trying to keep myself awake at my desk, I was scribbling out baby names that I like.

What do you think about Lillian Faith for a girl? We would call her Lilly. My mom said "why don't you just name her Lilly?" Well, b/c when she's older, she might want to go for a more sophisticated/professional version of her name.....I was always Jeni growing up, but when I entered the corporate world- I switched back to Jennifer, just sounds more "grown up" LOL

Anyway- I'm kinda in love with it! icon_smile.gif Part of my requirement for a girl's name is to use either Faith, Hope or Joy as a middle name. When I was married to my ex-DH, we had decided we wanted a cohesiveness about our daughters names (had we had another daughter). My DD's name is Ashlyn, and we decided that any future girls would have names ending in -lyn (we really like Emmalyn). Well, I've kinda moved on from that train of thinking, especially since its something I shared with my ex- ya know? But I still want that "cohesiveness" to their names (should this one be a girl) DD's middle name is Grace, so I think I want to stick with the Biblical sort of reference- Grace, Faith, Hope, Joy....make sense?

Now, don't even ask me about boy names- I've got nothing! The one thing I do know I want to do if it's a boy is to use my step dad's middle name- Paul. My step dad has been my "dad" since I was 7yrs old, he is more my dad than my biological father is. I had originally wanted to use Daniel (his first name) with a son, as a way to honor him- but when my brother and his wife had their youngest son 1 1/2 yrs ago- they used the name Daniel (I was really really upset about it!). So, it would just be too weird to have ANOTHER Daniel (between my dad, my sister (she is Dani) and my youngest nephew (he is either Danny or Dan Dan, lol ) adding another Daniel to the mix would just be too confusing. So, the next best thing? Using my dad's middle name

July 2nd, 2011, 05:32 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's my Mom's name

July 2nd, 2011, 05:45 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
I think that is beautiful and a great choice for a name! And the reasons for it are great!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 2nd, 2011, 06:23 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Beautiful name

July 2nd, 2011, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I like it a lot... and I love the idea of giving multiple options for them as they get older.

July 2nd, 2011, 07:38 PM
Veteran
Love it! But I'm a little biased...

Thank you so much .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

July 2nd, 2011, 07:40 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I like Lillian Faith I'm big on using family names (DS is Josiah Earl, after my Dad who was Earl J _____ III), so I like the idea of honoring your stepdad. Just to give you some other options where that is concerned, you can also use his initials or names with similar meanings to his...in case you don't want to be tied to Paul.

July 3rd, 2011, 07:28 AM
pvm4ever88's Avatar Super Mommy
I think it is a pretty name!

July 3rd, 2011, 08:23 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really like it! I'm a fan of Faith too. My DD was originally going to be Faith Elizabeth but we switched it to Kate later on. And I also like giving her options when she is older. Our Kate is really Katherine, which honestly I'm not a huge fan of, but it's more adult sounding if she wants that when she enters the career world.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search