Hi Bebe fetal doppler?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2011, 08:26 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone have this? It's only $99, so I am wondering if it really works. The others are SO expensive!

July 2nd, 2011, 08:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd like to know too... I've been debating about getting one but wanted to wait until after my midwife appointment on Tuesday. And I've been worried that I'd make myself nuts when I couldn't find the heartbeat. If anyone here's used one and it works that just might tip the decision scales!

July 2nd, 2011, 08:51 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
~Lurker in hiding~

I bought one off ebay back in 2007 and used it during my fourth and fifth pregnancies. Personally, I loved it! It took a while (about 10-15 minutes), but I found the hb in my 10-11th week with both of them. I hope that helps.

July 2nd, 2011, 09:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was just doing some online research... it looks like the hi bebe has a 2mhz probe. There are a bunch listed on Ebay for around $60 that have 3mhz probes.

July 2nd, 2011, 09:56 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I choose the 2 mhz probe and I couldn't remember why- now I do. I copied this explanation of the 2 and 3 mhz probes from the Hi Bebe site. Here's what they have to say:

What's the difference between a 2MHz and 3MHz fetal doppler probe?
All baby heart monitors designed for fetal heartbeat monitoring is equipped with either a 2 or 3mghz probe. With a 2mghz probe the beam is narrow and direct which helps it penetrate deeper (3-5cm compared to 1-2cm) and find the fetal heartbeat earlier than 3mghz dopplers.

•The higher the frequency, the shorter in duration is the period and the shorter is the wavelength
•The lower the frequency, the longer in duration is the period and the longer is the wavelength
There is a lot of information available stating that the 3mghz fetal doppler probe actually allows the user to find the heartbeat much easier and earlier. We disagree. In our tests and review we found that a 2mghz doppler probe picked up the fetal heart rate at 8 weeks 80% more of the time than a 3mghz probe. Part of the argument for the 3mghz probe enabling easier detection of the heartbeat comes from the belief that because the higher frequency probe has a wider beam the heartbeat is easier to find. When in fact after 12 weeks gestation either probe is easy to find the heartbeat with. This and the fact that a 2mghz probe is much more useful for overweight woman is why we recommend the 2mghz probe and feel it's a better all around probe FAQ Main
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the Hi Bebe BT-200, and like I said earlier, I love it. Because they were so cheap, I was skeptical, at first. But, it turned out to be a great investment (especially for my peace of mind). Yes, it did take awhile to find the hb when I first starting using it around 10 weeks. And, I don't know whether I could have found it earlier than 10-11 weeks because I didn't try it prior to that with either pregnancy. But, by the time I was 14-15 weeks, I could put the probe on my belly and find the hb almost immediately.

Last edited by AllMyBlessings; July 2nd, 2011 at 09:58 PM.
July 2nd, 2011, 10:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the info!! I'm really hating going so long between appointments and only having two u/s (one at 6.5 weeks, where I couldn't see anything, and my anatomy and gender scan at 20 weeks). I keep thinking that if I could listen to the heartbeat that might be very reassuring, especially before I start feeling movement.

July 2nd, 2011, 10:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay I just bought a Contec fetal doppler (2mhz) on Ebay for $55!! By the time it gets here I should be able to find the heartbeat!! Yay!!

July 3rd, 2011, 06:52 AM
Super Mommy
I am using a rented doppler from baby fm. It's not expensive, and I found the hb at 9 weeks It has been very reassuring!!

July 3rd, 2011, 07:21 AM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is the brand that I wish I had bought. People seem to be able to pick up the HB sooner and better with those than the piece of crap that I purchased. GL - I promise it is will worth the money.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search