If you have a girl...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2011, 01:30 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Will you have her ears pierced as a baby?

I will not. I have metal allergies and had a really rough time with earrings, especially when I first got my ears pierced (I was 6). Also, a friend had a scare with her baby where one earring went missing in the crib and she had to take her to the hospital to get scanned in case she swallowed it! (she didn't)

July 4th, 2011, 01:33 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a girl and we did not. We both feel that if she wants her ears pierced when she's able to make that decision then she can get it done then. We want it to be her choice. But, I do think little girls with their ears pierced are so adorable

July 4th, 2011, 01:47 PM
~Meg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If we have one we will not get them done. I agree in waiting until she asks for them. But I do also think they are very cute. I've had mine done since I was very little and never wear earrings because a lot of them I'm allergic to. But they never close. I don't get it.

July 4th, 2011, 01:48 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope. Bella's are not pierced and if we have another girl, her's will not be either.

I will let her get them done when they are old enough to ask for them. I had mine done when I was about 6 and I asked my mom for them. I remember feeling so special and like such a big girl.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 4th, 2011, 02:08 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't with my daughter because I was against it and couldn't imagine putting my baby thru that. But now that she's older she tells me all the time she wishes i would have cuz she's too scared to get them done now but she wants them. So I guess in her case I should have. So I might the next time around. I don't think I could watch tho.

July 4th, 2011, 02:10 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyo727 View Post
I didn't with my daughter because I was against it and couldn't imagine putting my baby thru that. But now that she's older she tells me all the time she wishes i would have cuz she's too scared to get them done now but she wants them. So I guess in her case I should have. So I might the next time around. I don't think I could watch tho.
Aw... Maybe if she has a little sister, they can get them done together.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 4th, 2011, 02:17 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we'll wait until she's old enough to ask for them and take care of them herself.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

July 4th, 2011, 02:33 PM
TNTGarner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had mine done as a baby. I have very sensitive skin and ears and the only reason I think i have been able to keep my holes is bc i have had them soooo long. We got my DDs done at 12 weeks. It was easier than shots! Very little crying and have not had any problems since. We cleaned them religiously and make sure the screw backs are good. We do not change out the screw back earrings at this age. I figure if she doesnt want them as she gets older she can take them out. She doesnt mess with them at all and it has worked out well for us.

July 4th, 2011, 02:39 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
I will wait because I want my daughter to make the choice and I would want to make it a special mom and daughter day. I had mine done the first time at 6 ( I have several ear piercings) and it was a special day with my mom.
July 4th, 2011, 02:51 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't have our daughters ears pierced. We decided when our first was a baby to wait until they get older. I think it will be a special 'welcome to womanhood' day when she gets her first period. Mannies, pedis and ear piercing

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 4th, 2011, 02:52 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
nope, we believe in letting our kids make their own decisions about body changes when they are older.
July 4th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We won't be doing it... If when she gets older she wants them we'll discuss it and decide if it's a good idea then. I think she should be able to decide for herself.

July 4th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nope, no ear piercing until she asks!
July 4th, 2011, 03:38 PM
corilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No me and my hubby decided to wait till she asked for it.

July 4th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Luna Nexus's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Luna Nexus
Nah. If she wants them, she can get them when the time comes .

July 4th, 2011, 03:45 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Anna- View Post
Aw... Maybe if she has a little sister, they can get them done together.
Maybe...I tried to do a mommy and me day and get mine done with her. She was all for it until it was her turn.she freaked out. So I doubt shed go for it even with her baby sister. Shell prob be a teen b4 she is brave enough to get them done. If not,oh well.

July 4th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Definitely not! I'm not a fan of it personally, but more importantly, I agree that it is a rite of passage to most girls. I remember being 12 and feeling so grown up when i finally talked my mom into it!

July 4th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nope would wait until she asked

July 4th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Mistyx6's Avatar Mommy of 6
Send a message via MSN to Mistyx6
Yep we will.

July 4th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Super Mommy
Funny you ask that I just saw a little baby girl with earings and I told my husband how odd that they would do that to a little girl. I have also always had a hard time with my ears getting infected to this day..I think I have to think about this one some more.. Didn't occur to me since I only hae boys

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search