My EDD was today

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2011, 06:54 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

My EDD with my loss was Dec. 3. Which is funny, because that was my EDD with my DD.

I know what you mean about wishing you could have all of them and I know the feeling very well of, "If I still have that baby, I would not have this one."

When we were trying for DD, it took us a year and I was so hurt every month that passed where I did not get my BFP. But when I finally got pregnant and had her I understood why I did not get pregnant all those other months. She was meant for me and everything had to be just right for her to be mine.

I hold my baby that I lost very close to my heart, but I have come to terms with the fact that he/she was not meant to be on earth with me.

I wish you the best for the rest of your pregnancy. It sounds like everything is going great this time.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 4th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Veteran
Oh, EDD's are so hard. I too can totally relate to wishing you could have it all. My EDD with the baby I lost was May 5th and it was a really sad day for me.

One thing that has helped me with the nerves since the m/c is to remind myself that we never know how long we have with someone. But I can choose to simply cherish each moment and know that whatever time I am given, I have made the best of. I have loved each one of my babies from the second I knew they were growing inside me and even though it was so, so hard to lose a life that I was already so in love with, I did my job as a mother by loving and nurturing that life while it was mine to care for.

I pray that the next months are full of nothing but joy for you and that your babies are healthy little munchkins that give you no reason to worry!

Thank you so much .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

July 4th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
I can't even remember my edd w the baby I lost in 99.
Its been so long. I had him on nov 1. I was right at 24 weeks.
Two years later I had bs9 on nov 23. I still have strange dreams about losing the baby in a room full of water every year around his bday. Probably bc I think about him during that time. Idk.
I definitely think if my first baby had survived then I wouldn't have ds9.
That's sad to think about.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

July 4th, 2011, 10:38 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bet I will feel similarly when my EDD comes around in September. We confirmed this pregnancy on the anniversary of my son's birthday, May 13.

I too wait for the other foot to drop to be honest.

I think, okay I am almost to 12 weeks so out of the first trimester 'danger zone'. But, of course I lost Colm at 24 weeks, so even that isn't safe enough. I remind myself there is no reason for me to have a repeat loss, but then again there was no reason for me to have a loss in the first place.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 5th, 2011, 02:53 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for your losses ladies.

July 5th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hugs! I know how hard those EDDs can be. I had one in late September, about a month before i got pregnant with my next loss. It was a horrible, horrible day and i cried for about a week - almost as much as i did when we lost the baby at 21 weeks. I ended up pregnant in late october and would have been due this coming July 30th. I think this one will be harder and easier at the same time since I'm pregnant again and not as scared of never having another child (though still frightened til i get to 21 weeks). But I don't want this current baby to replace my two angels that I never got to meet (both boys).

July 5th, 2011, 05:34 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
I understand where you are coming from. I found out I was preggers with my DD 11 days before my EDD with my miscarriage. Very bittersweet thinking what might have been. I do believe everything happens for a reason, whether it makes sense at the time or not. ((HUGS)) Wishing you a H&H pregnancy with these little miracles.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

July 5th, 2011, 09:09 AM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
I hear you, hon. A good friend of mine has an amazing, sweet little boy who was born on my EDD, and as wonderful as he is, I selfishly feel a little pang on his birthday (he turned 2 in October - the same age as my angel twins would be now).

July 5th, 2011, 12:31 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
I can definitely relate to your feelings hun. I had a loss in October of 06 at 11w5d and the EDD was May 10th. This year was particularly hard because not only did I feel sad about my baby but it is also my Grandfather's birthday and the first one since his death last year.

If it is any consolation when you hold those babies in your arms it does make the loss a litte easier because you have a reminder of the positive that came from the loss.
July 5th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Brooke16's Avatar Love my boys!
My old EDD was June 23rd. I get exactly how you feel. I had a total breakdown on that day and was just wishing for that baby back...but I'm so thankful for this one. I haven't reached my personal safe zone yet, but after I hit 15 weeks I'll feel like you do about staying that way for 25 more weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search