What to wear in the hospital.....????

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2011, 07:46 PM
everafter's Avatar Super Mommy
Since I just read this question about hospital gowns....

Believe it or not, my last birth was only over 4 years ago, but I cannot for the life of me remember what I wore after the birth....

What did you did you wear with your other births in the hospital....the gown for the whole stay ???

Give me some hints, please !!!

July 4th, 2011, 07:51 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wore PJ/work out pants and a t-shirt.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 4th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Veteran
I wore the hospital gown up through delivery, then changed into comfy pj pants and a nursing tank. I love the Glamourmom ones - they make them in longs so they cover the lovely post-baby belly. I also had a little lightweight pajama type jacket that zipped up the front. I like the option of being a little more covered up when visitors come and having real clothes on definitely makes for better pictures.

This is a fun topic! I'm interested to hear what others did.

Thank you so much .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

July 4th, 2011, 08:37 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wore the gown until the recovery room and shower then put on some pj's and a robe. Then wore sweats and a baggy tshirt the following day

July 4th, 2011, 08:40 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For me, it will be something very soft and conducive to easy booby access

July 4th, 2011, 10:45 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wore the hospital gown until delivery with the others, well no that isn't true with my daughter I gave birth in my own shirt and bra....no time to change...lol.

I then wore my own PJs after that. Or sweats/yoga pants.

This time I am NOT wearing the hospital gown at all. I don't see pregnancy as an illness, and I won't be forced to feel like a 'patient' I want to be able to stick up for myself when I need to. I know I will do a better job of that wearing real clothes!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 5th, 2011, 05:49 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
I just had a nursing gown and a sleeping bra...probably the same this time. Oh and extra huge, black and granny like undies.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

July 5th, 2011, 05:59 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Leila was born in the hospital, I wore gown up until shower, then nursing bra and comfy shirt with easy access booby access after.

Owen was born in birth center, I wore preggo shelf tank from motherhood maternity and a robe while in labor (just the tank while in the tub-he was a water birth) and then wore a nursing bra and comfy shirt with easy booby access after.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 5th, 2011, 07:44 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I wore a night dress with Elizabeth as soon as they would allow me to get dressed. I wish I would have worn pants and a button up shirt or nursing tank though because I had to pull my dress up a lot for them to check my c-section cut. Plus it was hard to nurse her with the night gown.

This time...provided I get a vaginal birth...I will try to find a nursing gown. If I have a repeat c-section I will get a pants and tank set.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 5th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I tore a little with my last so I had to get checked out a bit and I just stayed in the hospital gown the whole time. I also wore the lovely gauzy hospital granny panties they hospital provided AND the wretched socks they provided. My socks got really nasty during the delivery and had to be thrown away. After that I decided not to ruin any of my other clothes and provide easy access for anyone that needed it.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

July 5th, 2011, 02:48 PM
melissa_rae's Avatar Ready to be a Mommy.
I will wear the gown until after delivery. After that I will probably wear sweats or something comfy.
July 5th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Pre-delivery, I wore the super stylish and figure flattering hospital gown. After, I hopped into some yoga pants and a strappy top.
July 5th, 2011, 03:03 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
I hadnt though of this until I saw this show sharktank when I was getting my nails done. The show is a bunch of investors where inventors come on the show and try to get investors to invest however much money to their inventions. Anyway this women came on who created hot mama gowns, apparently they are 100% cotton and perfect pregnancy, labor, and wearing them post-delivery. They are actually super cute, and provide easy boob access. here is a link Home | The Hotmamaness of it all I sound like a sales person lol. Anyway they looked super comfy and come in cute designs, so i might get one, and then Id probaby be in sweats and a tank. Who knows.
July 5th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Treysmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wore the gown until the night after I had him then I put on some pj's

Thank you Chelsea for my beautiful siggy!!
July 5th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Crystal_Lynn's Avatar Ari and Zev's Mommy
Haha this would have been a great thing to be able to plan. But going in to labor 8 weeks early on laundry day left me in a hospital gown for 2 days.

.My Pregnancy Blog.Last update: 01.05.12.

Some babies are born to soon and/or too sick. Arm yourself with knowledge, visit marchofdimes.com!
July 5th, 2011, 03:21 PM
~Meg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I brought a couple gowns that were easy to nurse in and a pair of yoga pants.
I was glad I brought the gowns because I tore as well and they check your stitches a few times.
I wore a robe over it when I was up and about or had visitors.

July 5th, 2011, 04:22 PM
cynb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I start out in the gown, but delivered my last in the nude. My room was SO HOT and they could only adjust the temp one degree at a time and the room had to cool in between or they said it would just freeze up and get hotter. DH was bringing me cool rags.

I also wear the hospitals gown after the baby is born. It is not the same as the one for delivery-no slit up the bag, it is more like a nightgown with access through the sleeves and big slits for nursing.
July 5th, 2011, 04:55 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
I wore the gown for all three deliveries and it didnt really bother me because I too didnt want to ruin my own clothes and then after my shower I changed into pj bottoms and a shirt with easy access to the boobies. I wore yoga pants and a cotton shirt home with each of them because that was most comfy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search