Two for Tuesday!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2011, 02:57 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does yourdhcook? Does your dh do laundry?

Mine does both! I'm a lucky girl

July 5th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Ursie77's Avatar Veteran
My DH is an awesome cook, I am too... but he really enjoys it. He cooks most of the time. I do laundry most of the time, but he always helps me fold.

July 5th, 2011, 05:35 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
Yes and I pretty much haven't done either since finding out I was preggers. But, now I am finally feeling better, will be picking those duties up again. Feel very lucky that he has been SOOO amazing about this whole m/s thing...especially 2nd kid around when the duties are more elevated.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

July 5th, 2011, 07:19 AM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH isn't a very good cook but he's been trying lately since I've been to exhausted.

He's always been able to do laundry. His mom made sure he could do it on his own (he even puts the toilet seat down)
July 5th, 2011, 07:26 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.

That is me laughing so hard that I am crying. No, my DH doesn't do either of those things.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 5th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Chellie's Avatar Veteran
Mine can do both, but he doesn't like to!

July 5th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Mistyx6's Avatar Mommy of 6
Send a message via MSN to Mistyx6
Oh yes he is an awesome cook. And we have to go to a laundry room so he helps me do it.

July 5th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My husband does not cook (he tries occassionally but it is always a disaster!) But he does the laundry with me and never complains if I want to serve cereal for dinner, so I can't complain!

July 5th, 2011, 09:15 AM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, DF cooks a lot more than I do. His always turns out better than mine. =/ He's been doing laundry a lot since I got preggo and sick. Going up and down the stairs exhausts me!

July 5th, 2011, 09:18 AM
melissa_rae's Avatar Ready to be a Mommy.
DF cooks. He is starting to clean more since I cant be around the cleaning products. He doesnt do laundry sadly and I have been super tired that were kinda backed up in that area. It doesnt help that we dont have a washer and dryer so we usually either have to go to the laundry mat or go to families to do laundry. Hopefully our new place will have a washer or dryer.
July 5th, 2011, 09:20 AM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
Quote:
Originally Posted by swade66 View Post

That is me laughing so hard that I am crying. No, my DH doesn't do either of those things.
Ha! Ditto!

The only upside is that he does dishes, and almost always without being asked. I would say "what a prince," but then I remembered that he left his dirty underwear on the floor AGAIN yesterday and the dog chewed them up and got sick... and guess who had to clean it up?

July 5th, 2011, 09:55 AM
TNTGarner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thankfully DH does both. I usually cook dinner when he works but if he is off and im super tired he will cook.

July 5th, 2011, 11:15 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
hubby cooks all day at work! he is not allowed to do the laundry after the dishwasher incident.
July 5th, 2011, 11:34 AM
ladybugwoods's Avatar Super Mommy
My DH tries really hard. He likes cooks breakfast but he likes salt. He likes to help with laundry but he likes lots of fabric softener !! So I have to help him , help me. It's funny. And he's getting better.
July 5th, 2011, 12:13 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We both share the chores. For a while my hubby was a SAHD and now he works usually less hours than I do, so he tends to do more of the laundry.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 5th, 2011, 12:19 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DH does both.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 5th, 2011, 12:21 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
Nope and Nope. He will man the grill if we are bbq'ing anything but he is not allowed to touch my stove or my microwave. He is a terrible cook and the microwave is because he will literally cook a hot dog until it is just gross and then the microwave stinks for a month no matter if I clean it every day after.

Lets just say with the laundry that when the m/s first hit I asked him to do a load and after 3 years of owning our washer and dryer he yelled up "where do I put the soap?" and then I showed him and then when I showed him how much to put in he argued with me that it wasnt enough and I ended up doing it myself. He just didnt get that the HG washer takes half the soap of our old washer and it is soy based so you need just a small amount.
July 5th, 2011, 12:35 PM
ArmyWifey_MrsCurtis's Avatar missing our 1st miracle
Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyWifey_MrsCurtis Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyWifey_MrsCurtis
i do a lot of it because i have certain orders about things.. Lol, but if i ask him too. he does a lot as well, which I LOVE. He's awesome! Not much that he doesn't do!

7/11/2011 - Our First Miracle Grew Wings at 11 weeks & 3 days.
(You will be in our hearts forever & ever baby love)

-With God, All things are possible.. Matthew 19:26 ♥
-Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you.. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 ♥

July 5th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My boyfriend does 99% of the cooking. We used to cook together, but when I was pregnant with DD, I was too tired and sick to even help, so he took over and has been doing it ever since. He does not do laundry though. He will wear dirty close before thinking of tossing a load in the washer. He will sometimes bring them in (we line dry right now) and put them away, but even that is rare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple-scruff View Post
Ha! Ditto!

The only upside is that he does dishes, and almost always without being asked. I would say "what a prince," but then I remembered that he left his dirty underwear on the floor AGAIN yesterday and the dog chewed them up and got sick... and guess who had to clean it up?
UGH!!! I hate that! My boyfriend leaves his dirty socks all over the house and my dumb dog ALWAYS eats them; she swallows them whole. Then a few days later she pukes them up and I have to clean it up. It's so disgusting. It was so bad at one point she was puking them up about once a week. I don't get what is so friggin hard about taking them to the laundry basket.

July 5th, 2011, 01:18 PM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
^ Ugh! That is the WORST! I even moved the laundry basket to a more convenient location for him and reminded him that "there is a bin for dirty clothes right by the bed...fyi" and he still left them on the floor! I swear it's actually MORE DIFFICULT to put them on the floor than in the basket. How does he do it????

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search