Constant dizzyness? (update!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2011, 09:20 AM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
Is anyone else experiencing this? I tend to have fainting spells because I have low blood pressure, but they've gotten a lot worse since I've been pregnant, and this week in particular the dizzyness has been near-constant. I can't do any work that requires standing (even if it's moving around, not standing still) for more than about 5 minutes before I start feeling faint and I need to sit down.

What the heck?!?! Is there anything I can do about this? Normally my dizzyness cures are drinking plenty of water, eating regularly (complex carbs, not much sugar/simple starches, plenty of protein, etc), getting lots of rest, and making sure I move around regularly instead of standing still, but that sure isn't helping now.

Last edited by mcfly; July 7th, 2011 at 10:28 AM.
July 6th, 2011, 09:23 AM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you think you could have an inner ear infection? I got really dizzy like that once, and it was because of an ear infection. My ear didn't hurt or anything. My only symptom was extreme dizziness.

BTW - I love your tags on your posts.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 6th, 2011, 09:44 AM
The Natalie's Avatar !!!!!!!!!
I heard that is a typical second trimester symptom. And yes, I am right there with you. I feel breathless and dizzy a lot of the time now.

July 6th, 2011, 09:44 AM
melissa_rae's Avatar Ready to be a Mommy.
I have been getting dizzy lately. Not constant but first thing in the morning or if i "over do it" at work or whatever.
July 6th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Hmm, maybe. I don't think I've ever had an inner ear infection before, so I definitely wouldn't recognize the symptoms. I don't know though, it feels a lot like my normal dizzyness except...more so? I'm going to see my doctor next Friday, but if this keeps up I think I'll need to go in sooner.

July 6th, 2011, 09:46 AM
cynb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have low blood pressure too and am exactly like what you described. Can't move around quickly and if I stand for too long, I get very faint. I do the things you mentioned, but when it gets bad or I need to run errands, I drink some caffeine to get my blood moving a little faster. My midwife is on board with that as long as I don't drink it excessively and she said it has less side effects than medication. It helps most of the time.
July 6th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Veteran
I have low blood pressure too and have definitely been having the same dizziness. I also feel lightheaded most of the time, even when I'm sitting down. I've told my home health nurses about it and they told me to talk to my dr about it next time I go in. I guess if it was a major problem, they would have told me to call about it instead of just waiting. I'm very interested to hear what your dr tells you, so please KUP!

Thank you so much .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

July 6th, 2011, 11:47 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My doctor told me to add more salt to my foods and drink a lot of water. My OB mentioned there's a nerve in the cervix that can produce a vagal response (such as a drop in bp and dizziness). He suggested changing positions very slowly as well such as sitting for a couple of minutes before standing. Your blood sugar could be low as well so make sure you have frequent snacks. I almost passed out holding Marina and it scared me to death. I hope the dizzy spells go away for you soon! Mine have gotten a little better with the added salt and drinking more water.

July 6th, 2011, 11:55 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've also been dizzy. I can't walk from the grocery store to the car without feeling like I'm going to pass out. Might be the heat, too.

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

July 6th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
My dizziness happens when I get up too fast.
If I do it slow and also stand still with my eyes closed when I first stand up, the dizziness goes away.
I've always had seizures though when I first get pregnant.
They start off with a dizzy spell then I pass out and have a seizure.
It only happens when I'm first pg and also right after I have the baby. Odd.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

July 6th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Victoria
Mine's not constant, but I've been getting very dizzy and lightheaded too. If I move too quickly then I definitely feel very dizzy.

The thing that's bothering me more though is how I've been feeling at work lately. I work on my feet all day and twice now, the last two times I've worked, I've suddenly become very lightheaded. Today it got to the point that my peripheral vision began to go black. It was scary!!

I've been snacking constantly due to morning sickness, and I've increased my water intake a lot but it really doesn't seem to help at all.

Thankfully work has been really understanding about it.
July 6th, 2011, 06:47 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
I had this bad in the beginning of the pregnancy but not so much now. I would give your provider a call and let them know how bad it is. Likely they would just bump your appt. No sense being miserable!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 6th, 2011, 09:36 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
i do, especially if i wait to long to eat.
July 7th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Alrighty, update! I called my doctor this morning and the nurse said that it sounds bad enough to be worrisome, so I'm going in at 645am tomorrow to get checked out. I'm worried because they don't open that early, so that means my doctor is coming in early just for me. Eek! So fingers crossed. But at the very least I'll learn some more about it so I can inform all of you.

Someone I "e-know" from another forum suggested that I mention orthostatic intolerance, postural orthostatic tachycardia, and orthostatic hypotension to my doctor. Anyone know anything about those? From a quick glance at wikipedia the first one sounds just like me, and I don't have enough information to know about the other two.

July 7th, 2011, 11:02 AM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hmm My doc always yells at me when I go to the internet for answers. Try not to stress out about it and self diagnose. Keep your mind occupied until tomorrow! AND keep us posted!

July 7th, 2011, 01:00 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Good luck at your appointment!! KUP!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]

Tags
not awesome

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search