weight check...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just curious how much you all have gained so far?

12 1/2 weeks here and I am at 10lbs.(I was at 13 but lost a few, probably just water, boating, weight)

July 6th, 2011, 09:40 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well right after Easter I was up to 158 or so, mostly just bloat I think. But now I am at 153.4, so technically I have lost weight. Most of that is because I just quit eating junk.

I am hoping to not gain more than 20 pounds, so I am happy with myself right now.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 6th, 2011, 09:42 AM
The Natalie's Avatar !!!!!!!!!
I have gained 7 lbs! I will not freak out, I will not freak out. <-----That is my new mantra.

July 6th, 2011, 09:44 AM
cynb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am 13 wks 2 days and have gained .5 lbs. Which is odd for me, at this point I have usually gained about 8. I have never had food problems like this before.
July 6th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Mistyx6's Avatar Mommy of 6
Send a message via MSN to Mistyx6
13 lbs total here and im 13 weeks and 5 days.

July 6th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Whew, you guys are making me feel better. I feel like most of the time these posts are put up and EVERYONE says, "Oh I haven't gained any" and then I think, "sheesh, I've gained 5 lbs already, what's wrong with me??"

Everyone's different and will gain different amounts at different rates, it's just nice to see that there are others that have gained too!

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

July 6th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lost 10!

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
July 6th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am 13 weeks, but as of my 12 week appointment last week, I had already gained ten pounds from where I know I was when I conceived. I'm up 3 lbs. from what I weighed at my first prenatal appointment at 8 weeks, but by then I had already put on several pounds in bloat and insatiable cravings.

I am trying not to worry too much about how much weight I put on during this pregnancy. I will continue to remind myself that I WILL get it off after baby is born. No "ifs". No "buts".

July 6th, 2011, 10:50 AM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
I started at 145lbs, was 147 at my first appt, then 144 at my 2nd. Right now, according to my crappy old school scale I'm 150lbs. So I've gained 5lbs, but I wouldn't be surprised if its from being constipated

<3

<3
July 6th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've lost 5lb but I'm overweight to begin with and have been so sick! With my ds, I gave birth weighing less than when i got pregnant and gained it all back after he was born so I'm just a little strange.

July 6th, 2011, 11:04 AM
ColonialChick's Avatar Cautiously THRILLED ;D
I am 13 weeks, but at my monthly appointment last Thursday, I'd actually lost 2 lbs. I'm guessing that the loss of body fat/weight is greater, as I have definitely gained in the chest/tummy region. I couldn't believe the scale, but it was the same when I checked at home. Weird...

July 6th, 2011, 11:12 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some days my weight gain is zero others up to 2lbs. I figure it's just water weight if I am gaining since I'm trying to add salt to my foods (per my Dr's recommendation) to help with my low BP and dizzy spells. My belly is noticeably bigger though and I have had to buy maternity clothes already. With Marina I gained 55lbs and really hope chasing her around prevents that this time! By the time I started the 2nd tri last time I had gained 10lbs (but I was 10lbs lighter) so I figure I'm doing okay.

July 6th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Veteran
I am currently down 7 lbs overall, but up 4 from my lowest point. But if my previous two pregnancies are any indication, once I start gaining, I never stop. I gained 55 lbs with DS and 65 lbs with DD. I would love to gain less this time around, but I don't know how much control I really have. All the women on my mom's side of the family gain a lot during pregnancy, regardless of their eating habits. It seems our bodies just want to make sure that our babies are well nourished

Thank you so much .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

July 6th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Down 2-3 lbs.
July 6th, 2011, 11:55 AM
~Meg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 14 weeks and -9 lbs. Better then the -12 I've been at for awhile.

July 6th, 2011, 12:00 PM
HONEYBUNNY61's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got on the scale Monday I think. I had gained 5 pounds. Which I'm OK with for now.

VBAC, NATURAL BIRTHING, BREASTFEEDING, BABYWEARING, CLOTH DIAPERING MOM!
July 6th, 2011, 12:09 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I haven't weighed myself since last week and then I was up 7lbs but that is 2lbs down from the week before so I am ok with it...for now.

I would really like to keep it down to a 20lb gain this time so it would be good if I could stay the same for a few weeks.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 6th, 2011, 12:11 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeilidhBrennan View Post
I just found this really cool tool that tells you how much you should gain, and where it all goes, based on your starting weight:

Pregnancy weight gain estimator

I should gain 13.6kg / 30lbs

Since week 7 I've gained 1.5lbs. I had severe morning sickness.

It gave me 15-25 pounds, with the 'ideal' being 20. That was my goal anyway. Of course it estimated baby to be 7.5 pounds and I highly doubt the baby will be that small. So I think I can safely add another pound or two

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 6th, 2011, 12:15 PM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
I gained 10lbs almost immediately, but I seem to have lost it all now. So no change, really. I haven't weighed myself in a few days though, so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm up a couple of pounds. I feel more solid - not in a water weight way, but an actual belly way. The weight thing that Ceilidh posted says I ought to gain around 30lbs. I can deal with that I guess, but ugh, I just hope I don't have too much trouble losing the extra weight afterward.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search