Have you announced your pregnancy yet?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Have you announced your pregnancy yet?
Yes 30 65.22%
No 8 17.39%
Other 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2011, 11:19 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you told everyone you're expecting yet? Those who've told, when and how did you tell? Those who haven't, when will you tell and do you have anything special planned for the big announcement?

July 6th, 2011, 11:25 AM
**rockinmomma**
Just announced yesterday after our ultrasound.. yay!
July 6th, 2011, 11:25 AM
ColonialChick's Avatar Cautiously THRILLED ;D
We've told just about everyone...at least those who are closest to us and family. We waited until after the heartbeat was detected, as our OB felt that the risk was significantly diminished. We had planned to wait for 12 Weeks, but the hubby couldn't contain himself that long! haha

July 6th, 2011, 11:29 AM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep. Everyone knows!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 6th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have told all of our friends and family. No big announcement since it's the third time in 18 months we've "announced". Not mentioning it on facebook until I hit 20 weeks as I had a loss around that time last year and going back to tell people I don't really see regularly was awkward, but everyone else knows!

July 6th, 2011, 11:36 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We told when I was around 6 weeks. Told my parents over the phone and for DH's, Marina wore a shirt that said she was going to be a big sister. Which we had to point it out to them, lol! We made the big FB announcement around that time as well. I have trouble holding pregnancy news in Plus working in healthcare, I told my co-workers to avoid getting the patients in the nasty isolations and the super poopers!

July 6th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Mistyx6's Avatar Mommy of 6
Send a message via MSN to Mistyx6
yes everyone knows

July 6th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have told everyone that matters and did so very early. Some know at work but most do not. However I have been getting some rather peculiar looks on my expanding waistline.
July 6th, 2011, 11:55 AM
~SarahDid~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~SarahDid~
I voted other. We've told close family and friends and everyone at work knows. We haven't announced on facebook yet. Plan to do that on Friday when I'm 12 weeks.

July 6th, 2011, 12:02 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
We have told all our close family and both our works know. We haven't and won't say anything on facebook yet. I don't know why...I just don't want to yet. Maybe after our big U/S. It is hard though because two friends just announced one due in Jan the day after me and the other in Feb.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 6th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Veteran
Everyone local knows. We told our families on Mother's Day and my friends all started guessing when I stopped showing up at everything. They all know I get super sick when I'm pregnant and there aren't that many reasons for not leaving the house for three months We haven't announced on Facebook yet and probably won't until I'm feeling better. It's more fun to share the news when I can be more excited about it.

Thank you so much .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

July 6th, 2011, 12:09 PM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
I haven't told anyone yet except one of my close friends. I plan to go public in a couple of weeks, or earlier if I start showing too much before then. I wanted to wait until I'd finished my 90 days probation at work, since even though I trust that they wouldn't fire me for it, it is still a risk that scares me! So that'll be July 19th. I'll also tell my parents and make a facebook post about it around that time.

July 6th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Super Mommy
Pretty much everyone knows. We made our facebook announcement on 4th of July. Just couldn't contain the excitement anymore!

July 6th, 2011, 12:23 PM
melissa_rae's Avatar Ready to be a Mommy.
I choice other. A handful of my friends know. We are slowly going to start telling. I am super nervous about it.
July 6th, 2011, 12:30 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Just finished sharing the news this last week!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 6th, 2011, 01:18 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We told my parents and his mom pretty much right away. Plus two of my closests friends from home. The local people knew too.

We made the FB annoucement after the US showed a HB and a kicking moving baby. At that point the general risk is lower. Plus, even twelve weeks is meaningless to me.

If we do lose the baby I want the support that comes with people knowing about the pregnancy. Plus, I want people to rejoice with us on our rainbow as much as they can.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 6th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Veteran
Only my sister knows and that is because she guessed and she could really care less I have no support or word from her since. My close friends know cause we spent a week with them and they guessed as well. But I don't plan on telling anyone till after my appointment on the 19th. My kids do not even know right now. I might say something on facebook after I hit the 20 week mark.
July 6th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I announced it on FB @ 8 weeks but told friends sooner.

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
July 6th, 2011, 03:50 PM
corilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I told close friends and family first. I told facebook and the rest of the family after I had my ultrasound at 11 weeks.

July 6th, 2011, 04:39 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We told everyone right away, we could wait! I think we had about 4 hours of knowing before we started sharing the news. It took us a couple of days to reach everyone by phone that we wanted to tell in person (as much in person as we were able to) and then on that second day we made a FB announcement to everyone.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search