When did you first feel movement???

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2011, 12:52 PM
ColonialChick's Avatar Cautiously THRILLED ;D
As we have so many BTDT mommies, I'm hoping that some of you might be willing to share when, in prior pregnancies (or this one, if you're so lucky), you first felt your little one moving around in there?

This is my first pregnancy and I'll admit that I'm more than a little nervous at the idea of feeling something moving! Will it be a tickle? Will it be painful? Scary? Am I going to think an alien is in there?! haha

Thank you in advance for anything you are willing to share!

July 6th, 2011, 12:55 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't feel Marina move until 20 weeks. It kind of felt like a little tap at first, not like gas bubbles which is what I was expecting, but everyone's different. It's such a weird and wonderful feeling it's really hard to describe. It's just different and you know, well sometimes anyway, lol! I can't wait to feel and actually see this baby move. It's definately the best part of pregnancy! I'm hoping that since this is my 2nd I will feel it a few weeks earlier.

Oh, and it never hurt. Maybe a little uncomfortable at times but definately not painful.

July 6th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I felt Max move at 18 weeks. With my second pregnancy, that i lost at 21 weeks, I started feeling movement a little earlier, around 16 weeks. It is the absolute greatest feeling in the world to feel your little one moving around inside of you. Occassionally, when they get really strong, it can hurt a bit but it is sooooo worth it!

July 6th, 2011, 01:03 PM
ColonialChick's Avatar Cautiously THRILLED ;D
Aww, thank you for sharing! You make it sound even more exciting than I've built it up to be! Becca, I am very sorry for your prior loss. Bunches of good thoughts and prayers for smooth sailing this time!

July 6th, 2011, 01:10 PM
melissa_rae's Avatar Ready to be a Mommy.
I an not a BTDT mom but I believe I have felt this bean move. It feels like butterflies. Its so hard to describe. DF swears he felt the baby move when he had his hand on my stomach one night when I was sleeping.
July 6th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Mistyx6's Avatar Mommy of 6
Send a message via MSN to Mistyx6
Thats how I would describe it. Like having a butterfly flap its wings on the back of your arm. its very exciting. At the end it can be uncomfortable as they are so big and do'nt have much room. I felt this one maybe once a day I can feel him/her.

July 6th, 2011, 01:59 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
Like you Lauren I am a first time mommy and have been wondering about this as well so im so glad you asked the question. I cannot wait to feel my baby move. =)
July 6th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Super Mommy
It's an awesome feeling! it first feels like little gas bubbles and it gets a bit stronger as the baby grows I promise you will love it ! I have to say that with my first it was closer to 16 weeks that I felt those bubbles(butterflies) and 20 weeks when I actually felt gentle movments.. With the second baby I felt movement a bit earlier but my ligaments were more streched out so the kicking was not as gentle and my baby was not as gentle and he was also very low so it sometimes felt uncomfortable towards the end of the pregnancy but I couldnt wait everyday for it to know that everything was ok. YOu feel very connected to your baby once they start moving. I am 13 weeks and I have not felt those bubbles yet so every pregnancy is different

July 6th, 2011, 02:17 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I felt it around 18 weeks with my first, earlier with the others, but never before 15 weeks or so. This time I think I have already felt a few 'pops' and I am not even 12 weeks yet!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 6th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Veteran
With my first, I started feeling movements around 16 weeks, but I didn't know that's what it was until closer to 20! I was only sure after the fact because DS was always super active in the car and that's when I always had what I though were just gas bubbles moving. With DD I felt movement around 15 weeks and with this one I started noticing at about 11 weeks.

It really is an amazing feeling, and so reassuring. It makes me excited for all you first time mommmies that are going to be feeling it all for the first time!

Thank you so much .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

July 6th, 2011, 03:16 PM
~Meg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tyler moved at just shy of 16 weeks. It woke me up feeling like a big flop. It was like a fish out of the water. Then I really didn't feel him move or kick till mid twenties. This one was around 12 weeks and is non stop. It feels like a little ball flipping in my belly. I can only feel it when it's a big flip

July 6th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Veteran
I'm just over 13 weeks, and I can definitely feel the baby move now. It's not like bubbles for me, it's more of an internal nudge (which will get much stronger, LOL). For me, movement early on is more "comfortable", movement later on is more reassuring and less comfortable, just not much room left...

And, yes, there were several times during both pgs that I told DH that I felt like there was an alien inside of me (as beautiful as it is, it is still kinda trippy, LOL)!!!
DD#1 November 10, 2001
DD#2 November 5, 2003
DD#3 October 31, 2011 (born @ 30 weeks due to placental abruption, due January 7, 2012)
July 6th, 2011, 05:33 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
with ds, i was around 16 weeks when i felt the first flutter. with dd, around 11 weeks and got stronger every week after, until finally at 16 weeks, dh could feel her. this baby i started feeling a couple weeks ago, but nothing like dd. i'm not feeling it very often, and most of the time its just little nudges or stretching against me kinda like a little pressure.

ive had some painful kicks before from mine but not till they were much bigger. erin kicked me in the crotch constantly before she turned. i swear i thought her foot was going to come out!
July 6th, 2011, 05:48 PM
MamaRed's Avatar Veteran
This is my first pregnancy too and my doc said not to expect anything until about 18 weeks so I haven't really even thought about it! I'm sort of excited after reading everyone else's experiences. Thanks for sharing ladies!
July 6th, 2011, 06:55 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
I felt Leila and Owen both around 12-14 weeks and this one first movement was at 11 weeks with each week getting more frequent and stronger. I don't know about my first pregnancy...I wasn't even facing I was pregnant yet until about 6 months or so.

It definitely is one of the greatest feelings in the world! It is so reassuring and comforting. When they get big it may hurt some...Leila used to stretch across diagonally into my ribs. OH did it hurt!!!!!! Sometimes, they tap on your cervix area and that feels very funky. Weirdest feeling is when they have hiccups. Your stomach will literally bounce with every hiccup!! It can get annoying at 3 am!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 6th, 2011, 07:34 PM
MamaSugarplump's Avatar Jordan
Ok, I'm 13 weeks and I keep feeling cramping. I just thought it was cramping but could it be baby?
July 6th, 2011, 07:43 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan new mommy 2012 View Post
Ok, I'm 13 weeks and I keep feeling cramping. I just thought it was cramping but could it be baby?
I would not think that cramping would be the baby. I bet that is more of everything stretching out.

I was 15/16 weeks when I felt Bella move. I have felt a few flutters since I was 10 weeks this time. They seem to be growing into more and more. I will say that I am not 100% that it is the baby, but I like to think that it is.

Those first flutters really feel like just rumbles in the tummy to me. It's hard to tell if it's the baby or just something else.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 6th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been feeling flutters, and it feels different so I'm pretty sure it's the baby. Also sometimes I feel like a really light tapping on the inside... So now I'm just waiting to see if it gets stronger. With my other babies I think I didn't really 'count' it until I felt an unmistakable nudge.

July 6th, 2011, 09:33 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
i know i deff felt something last night..this is my 4th pregnancy, 3rd baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search