I made a big ol' stupid mistake!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2011, 07:52 PM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man.

I tried on my jeans for the first time in a while tonight. I've been wearing some new shorts I bought a few sizes too big, and some dresses, so I haven't really been able to tell just how much I've gained. But holy crap. You wouldn't think 7 pounds would make such a difference. It's not just in my belly area, either... but my butt and thighs too. Now I totally feel like a tubby whale, and I don't even have much of a belly to show for it. I'm staying away from jeans until it gets cool outside for sure! I'm going to slink into my stretchy pants now....

I'm so used to being in control of my weight... and I've been fretting about gaining too much. I get really worried that I'm going to get a bad self image because of it. I know I don't have to worry about gaining enough for baby, because let's face it, food just sounds good right now. (I'm 14w1d and I have gained about 7 lbs). I guess I should curb my self image for a bit and feel like a fertile goddess, right? I kind of feel cruddy thinking this way, when there is something so much bigger than vanity going on inside my body right now. Ah well, just needed to vent. Thanks if you got this far!

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

July 6th, 2011, 08:05 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm having issues with this, too. Mostly when it comes to wearing a bathing suit.

July 6th, 2011, 08:11 PM
MamaRed's Avatar Veteran
I'm right there with you! I had a mini meltdown the first time I couldn't button a pair of pants. I'm extremely weight conscious and terrified of gaining too much and not being able to get it off quickly after the baby comes. So far mine is all in the belly and a lot of the pudge is bloating from nearly constant constipation (it let's up every son often and my pants fit better).

I'm trying not to dwell on it too much because it upsets DH a bit (he's really concerned I won't gain enough). I just keep trying to remember that its all for the best possible cause and I can lose it all afterward no matter what.
July 6th, 2011, 10:33 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
my arse is HUGE now to..i could barely squeeze it into a pair of pants yesterday LOL
July 7th, 2011, 07:13 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Try and keep a positive attitude...I know it is hard though. In your picture you look so tiny I don't think you should worry about it.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 7th, 2011, 07:41 AM
The Natalie's Avatar !!!!!!!!!
Oh, gosh I have some weight issues too. And the scale is saying that I too have gained 7 lbs and some mornings 8 lbs! I am trying not to fret about it too much because I know that will just make me gain more.

With my daughter I was only 20 when I got pregnant and I wasn't the smallest weight I had ever been but I was still pretty small and I think I gained close to 50 lbs. It came right off after I had her but I still think that was mainly because I was still so young.

With my son I was 24 when I got pregnant and the heaviest I had ever weighed because of medications that I had been taking. I only gained 10 lbs. And was determined to lose it all and plus the extra lbs that I had put on before I got pregnant after I had him. And I did, but I still think that it helped that I was still fairly young.

Now...I am 28 and I am scared that I the pounds won't come off as easily if I gain more than 25 lbs this time and I started out pretty small too this time. I am just so much older and I know my metabolism has slowed way down. And I have always heard that third pregnancies are the ones that really wreck your body.

Anyway I say all that to say, this is just your first and I think if I remember right you are younger so I wouldn't worry at all about your weight gain. And just a little food for thought: if you breastfeed you burn about 500 calories a day which doesn't seem like a lot but it really is!

Last edited by The Natalie; July 7th, 2011 at 08:02 AM.
July 7th, 2011, 07:43 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the responses. It's sometimes hard to remember that I'm growing so I can support a life... that's pretty cool.

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search