Thirsty Thursday

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2011, 06:11 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How much water do you drink a day? What else do you drink a day besides water and how much?

I drink about 40-60oz of water a day. I also have a couple Sprite Zeros a day as well.

July 7th, 2011, 06:13 AM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
I drink about 2-3L of water a day plus a few glasses of kool aid and pop. I drink a lot especially in the summer.
July 7th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I drink a ton of water. I don't measure it at all, but I drink it all day long with very little else.

When I am not pregnant, I drink a ton of coffee in addition to a ton of water. I have had serious coffee aversion this pregnancy, though. We'll see if it lasts throughout!

Also, I have been craving Dr. Pepper and orange juice with this pregnancy (as I did in previous ones), so I have been having some of that, too.

July 7th, 2011, 07:52 AM
HONEYBUNNY61's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I drink like 2 liters - 70oz. Water is my main beverage. I do have a cup of coffee in the a.m. If I've been exercising outside in the heat, I'll drink half a vitamin water. If I feel like drinking something besides water, I'll have a caffeine free Diet Dr. Pepper. But that's rare.

VBAC, NATURAL BIRTHING, BREASTFEEDING, BABYWEARING, CLOTH DIAPERING MOM!
July 7th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I drink half a cup of coffee a day and about 16oz of water. I can't drink more - it makes me more nauseus than food does and i'm not sure why. Pre-pregnancy i drank a ton of water, soda, vitamin water, and coffee, but not now. I try to eat more fruits/veggies that have high water contents, but i know i need to drink more.

July 7th, 2011, 10:06 AM
~SarahDid~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~SarahDid~
I have a water pitcher that tags along with me daily. Work is physically strenuous and I sweat all day so I stay hydrated. At home I may have a cup of coffee, depends how I feel that morning. Orange juice with ice has become a favorite and I couldn't stand the stuff before I got pregnant! I'm not big on soda, every once in a while SO craves it and buys a 2 liter of coke, I'll drink it with ice after it's gone flat.

July 7th, 2011, 10:09 AM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
I've been drinking a ton of water and juice. I lovelovelovelove raspberry juice and I buy it at least twice a week, but I'll settle for cranberry or grapefruit if I have to.

July 7th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Veteran
Zip, zero, nada. I haven't been able to drink water at all this pregnancy and it's miserable because sometimes I crave nothing but ice water. For some reason plain water always makes me throw up. I've been on IV fluids this whole time so I'm staying hydrated, but man would I like to be able to drink water after I brush my teeth. However, I have been able to drink tea and Sunny D. Weird right?

Thank you so much .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

July 7th, 2011, 10:48 AM
melissa_rae's Avatar Ready to be a Mommy.
I drink about 5 or 6 16.9 oz water bottles a day at work. At home I usually drink Kool Aid. Monday I drank almost half a gallon of water I was soo thirsty and water just taste so good lately. I have also been craving apple juice. I havent gotten any yet but It sounds sooo good I cant wait to go get some.

"It's hard to wait around for something
that might not never be,
but it's harder to let go when it is EVERYTHING
you ever wanted."
July 7th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Mistyx6's Avatar Mommy of 6
Send a message via MSN to Mistyx6
I drink about 40-50 oz of water then Oj. and a coke. The juice changes often sometimes its cranberry. but this week im craving the oj.

July 7th, 2011, 12:30 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*shrinks down in my seat* I have been drinking a lot of coke. I'm ashamed....

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 7th, 2011, 02:36 PM
iscah's Avatar Veteran
i've been drinking so much more water lately than i ever have... i used to be the dr. pepper queen and would some days ONLY drink dr. pepper!!! i know... bad! but, lately i've been drinking bottled water, lemonade, and iced tea, ALL VERY COLD. it's the only things that have seemed to agree with my "morning" sickness...
July 7th, 2011, 02:43 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Anna- View Post
*shrinks down in my seat* I have been drinking a lot of coke. I'm ashamed....
Don't be ashamed. You could be drinking a lot worse things like alcohol. A few extra cokes is nothing compared to that! I drank several more cokes than I was supposed to with DD and she turned out just fine

July 7th, 2011, 04:38 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina'sMommy View Post
Don't be ashamed. You could be drinking a lot worse things like alcohol. A few extra cokes is nothing compared to that! I drank several more cokes than I was supposed to with DD and she turned out just fine
Yeah, the amount of caffiene that we are allowed is equivilant to something like 12 cokes a day?! It's a lot that you can consume, so I wouldn't worry.

As far as myself, I used to LOVE water, but couldn't touch it for a while. Now I can drink some, but not nearly as much as I should. Milk, orange juice, cranapple/grape, grape juice, Frostie's Blue Cream soda and Canada Dry ginger ale are all on my drink list currently. Sometimes apple but I go back and forth on liking it.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 7th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I drink a couple liters of water most days. I'm still getting over the water making me nauseated so I'm building the amount back up. But I also drink a ton of milk and juice, mostly cranberry, pomegranate and an orange/pineapple blend. I'll have the occasional soda - root beer, 7-up, the rare dr. pepper.

July 7th, 2011, 06:07 PM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
Water has been making me feel very sick. I have been sipping a lot of chocolate milk. For some reason chocolate milk stays with me.

July 7th, 2011, 10:26 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always drank tons of water. I have a 32 oz bottle that I refill throughout the day at work and usually drink 3 or 4 of them. I also drink a lot of water at home, so probably 100+ oz. Pregnancy really hasn't had much of an effect on my water intake. I don't really like soda or coffee but on occasion I do drink juice.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search