Struggling...**Update: Call from Doctor**

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Veteran
***updated to say: I received a call from the doctor today with my lab work results from last week (my first appt). They said that everything is "perfectly normal." I think I'll take the m/s if it means perfect lab work. ***

I wasn't sure I believed that morning sickness would get worse...but oh boy. It has. I'm only 7 weeks, so I've got awhile to go and I miss food! My "morning sickness" is more like an all day nausea. I've been losing weight and nothing ever sounds appetizing. Once I eat something, I have zero desire to ever eat it again. My husband gagged his way through the refrigerator this morning, throwing out old food that smelled awful to me. Thank goodness for him.

I guess I didn't know what to expect, this being my first, but it is frustrating! In a way, I'm glad I feel nauseous but...still. No fun!

Anyone else wishing food - of any kind - sounded good?

Last edited by boldmom; July 7th, 2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Update
July 7th, 2011, 05:41 AM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
No, but I wish I had morning sickness. I feel like I would feel more pregnant if I had even the slightest hint of morning sickness. I haven't been nauseous once. On our long ttc journey, I always considered morning sickness to be a rite of passage, so I'm actually disappointed that I was cheated out of it. Also, I read that having morning sickness makes you half as likely to miscarry. So, it's a constant stress to me that I am not puking. Grass is always greener, I guess? <3

Edit: Oh, but I am very sorry that you are having such a hard time. I'm sure it would be frustrating not to be able to eat when you want to, or what you want to. I hope that it starts to ease up for you and you can get back to regular eating.

Last edited by BrittanyLBH; July 7th, 2011 at 05:43 AM.
July 7th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, no. It sounds like you have it rough. With my daughter I was nauseated all day like that. The good news is that it WILL get better! Hopefully soon!!!

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

July 7th, 2011, 07:16 AM
CalmHorizons's Avatar Christina
I am feeling your pain! I've been slightly nauseated for a week or two, but the past few days have worsened considerably. I make the food, and then can't even put it in my mouth. I've eaten soup a couple of times, but it comes right back up. I just sent my husband to the store for applesauce, bananas, and toast (my OB recommended BRAT diet).

Here's hoping it gets better soon!

July 7th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been feeling that way too. It's starting to get a little better though. I hope it does for you soon!!

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was like that from week 4 until just now. Sick ALL DAY LONG but no actual throwing up.
The whole food thing...yeah,, nothing sounds good. I want to eat but I can't. That started about 2 weeks ago. I was craving Mexican food then after eating that 3 times in a week I think if I see or smell it again I'm going to lose it. Then all I wanted was grilled cheese and MAC n cheese. Grilled cheeses are still good but not delicious like they were. It's horrible. I've lost 3 pounds in two weeks cause I just can't bring myself to eat much. I thought I wanted Arby's last night so DH brought me some home. And I really wanted some mozzerella sticks. Took one bite of the cheese stick and two bites of my roast beef and was done. I want to eat, I'm starving. The only thing I can manage to stomach more than two bites is Frosted Flakes or Apple Jacks. Oh and I do love me some ice cold milk.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

Last edited by ~Nik*Re~; July 7th, 2011 at 07:27 AM.
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have extreme nausea but I can't tolerate much food right now. I have to force it down. All I really like now is fruit. Nice, cold fruit. Watermelon, grapes, mango. Has to be cold though! I guess it is better than with dd, I experienced something similar except all I wanted was something tangy, which meant mustard or ketchup, which unfortunately goes very well with many fried foods!

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
July 7th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Veteran
I don't feel so alone!! Thank you! For awhile, all I could eat were salads and fruit. Now I can't handle either...just some selective fruits like watermelon.

Dairy used to be out...the idea of dairy made my stomach turn...but a grilled cheese sandwich might actually be my dinner tonight...the thought of that, at least, doesn't make me want to hurl. My husband had to keep me distracted on our 3 mile run this morning...any food thoughts were torture!!

I hope the m/s gets better for us all!
July 7th, 2011, 09:34 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
ugh. I'm so sorry. I think I lost 10 lbs the first trimester last time, not because I was throwing up, but because I couldn't eat. Even when I found something that didn't sound repulsive, I'd eat a few bites and then I was nauseous. I'm hoping it'll be the same food aversions this time and so far it is. Unfortunately, the things that sounded good last time, don't sound good this time.

July 7th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Super Mommy
I feel for you. I can't eat anything. Well actually. I do eat b/c I know I have to for the baby's sake but I am always miserable after. I have constant nausea it does seem to ease up later in the day, until I eat supper. Hoping it ends soon.

Coming soon...... Linkin Archer
July 7th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hooray for good lab work!

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
July 7th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw, yay for a perfectly developing baby!

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

July 7th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Super Mommy
I'm the same way, all food sounds disgusting (an I use to eat EVERYTHING). I still find things to eat, it's just difficult. Last night I wanted roast
And potatoes and carrots so bad but for dinner we had broccoli and angel hair pasta and I usually love that stuff, well it made me feel disgusting like I was gonna puke for 3 hours. I solved that with snickers ice cream bars lol
July 7th, 2011, 11:26 AM
hoping4more
yea for a perfect baby! I'm so happy for you. My m/s has been rather weird this time around.... I really dont know what to make of it. I wish I just had it full blown so I knew for sure baby was fine. i guess I'll have to wait until next friday.
July 7th, 2011, 11:33 AM
AddysMom24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AddysMom24
Oh my I have felt the same way. Usually all day too Im fine untill I open the fridge or pantry in the mornings then it turns in to a gag fest! Packing my little girls lunch in the morning is the worst!

I just want someting to sound good. Most meals I have to choke it down just to eat which is miserable!

Ill take it all as a good sign though

my siggy was made by *Kiliki*

Tags
first trimester , morning sickness , nausea , support

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search