Had my FIRST appointment and u/s!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2011, 06:13 AM
wild&free's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
I finally had my first appointment on Tuesday! I feel like I've been waiting forever! My appointment definitely made this pregnancy much more real for me!
We have ONE very healthy baby The heart beat was strong at 147 and s/he was sleeping with his/her hand tucked up under the chin! It was so sweet!
The u/s tech didn't even give me a chance to ask her to look for gender, she shot it down right away and said we'd do it at my next appointment when I will be 18 weeks (August 2nd).
She dated my bean and the official due date is December 28th, which makes me 15 weeks 1 day, I will be moving up week by week on Wednesdays, just like with Eli

Here is a pic... Apparently at this office you have to bring your own CD to get a bunch or pictures. They don't print them off, so I took it with my phone:

We talked about having a VBAC and she is VERY open to it, which made me really happy. I wasn't sure how their office is with that kind of stuff. We talked about my concerns and basically left it at: I am going to try for a VBAC, but I understand that I may end up having a repeat c/s depending on how things go. She said the most successful VBACs are with pregnancies where the baby was breech. She said there is no telling why I stalled with Eli and that it could very well be my body and may happen again. We are just going to see how things play out.

I hope to be a little more active now that I actually feel pregnant

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
July 7th, 2011, 06:35 AM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
Congrats for moving your due date up and being a fellow December momma in the January DDC. I am glad that you will be more active now that everything is feeling more real for you.
July 7th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! Sounds like baby is doing great and growing fast. I hope you get the VBAC that you want!

July 7th, 2011, 06:56 AM
The Natalie's Avatar !!!!!!!!!
Congrats on your first appointment and that gorgeous ultrasound picture!

July 7th, 2011, 07:15 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Sounds like a wonderful appointment!!!

for a VBAC! That is exactly what my doctor said too...about breeches being the best for a VBAC.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 7th, 2011, 07:36 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Sounds like an awesome appointment! Glad the appointment went well! I am jealous that your 18 week scan is before mine...I am getting so impatient now that it seems so much closer!

Get posting!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 7th, 2011, 07:41 AM
boots&bowtie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to boots&bowtie
Congrats on a great appointment and healthy bean! I cant believe everyone is getting so close to learning genders My OB office doesn't even attempt to tell gender until 20 wks, Which for me won't be until early-mid September!

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggie!

July 7th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Veteran
Yay for an all around awesome appt! I'm impressed that your doctor was so open to a VBAC - around here most doctors won't do it. I hope everything goes the way you want it to!

Thank you so much .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

July 8th, 2011, 02:56 PM
hotpinktulips's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what an amazing photo. Definitely looks like a baby instead of a blob.

How far along did you think you were? My u/s bumped my EDD up by 4 days but because I know for a fact when I ovulated my OB has left it the same.

~Special thanks to *Kiliki* for my adorable siggy~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search