OB called.... =/

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2011, 08:22 AM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I had a feeling something was going on. I bleed every time I have sex and from other's posts I had a feeling something wasnt right but I didnt want to jump the gun. During the ultrasound the other day I noted that they were doing tons of measurments and taking a lot of time looking at something that wasn't the baby. Sure enough I have placenta previa... I'm on pelvic rest until 20 weeks. That's when they'll check it to see if it moved. She said it should move as the baby grows but there is a possibility that it wont. I'm not bleeding all the time tho, only when I have sex. I've been able to just put a panty liner on afterwards and a day later it'd be gone. Good thing I bought a new pack during my LMP. I'm gonna try to stay positive and not worry. But idk how much moving it'll do at this point. I think with Anna it was discovered earlier and moved already.. (correct me if I'm wrong.. ) So, I'm thinking since mine is just now being discovered its a lil later in the game and less likely. I think It just means a deffinate C-section right? or is there more to it?

July 7th, 2011, 08:27 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Not sure about the c-seciton but I know someone will be able to tell you.

I hope it moves for you.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 7th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Veteran
I have no idea as I don't know anyone with experience, but I hope it moves for you and everything goes well.
July 7th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Mistyx6's Avatar Mommy of 6
Send a message via MSN to Mistyx6
Oh no Im so sorry I hope it moves so you dont have to have a csec.

July 7th, 2011, 08:40 AM
TNTGarner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
From what I understand they usually move on their own. You are still early on! My best friend was diagnosed at her 20 week anatomy scan with previa and by the 27 week check it had moved. Good luck!

July 7th, 2011, 08:42 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hoping that it moves soon so you can rest easy. I know someone on here will be able to tell you more about the deets.

What kind of things can you not do on pelvic rest?

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

July 7th, 2011, 08:46 AM
I had full placenta previa (right on top of my cervix) with my first pregnancy. It didn't move until 37 weeks...poor hubby! I think it can move anytime during the pregnancy, but it might be very late. It is not automatic c-section...don't worry.
July 7th, 2011, 08:54 AM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
Hugs hun I know nothing about placenta previa but I hope it is moved by your 20 week ultrasound.
July 7th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry to hear about the pelvic rest. Any kind of rest during pregnancy is tough! But I have definitely heard of the placenta moving at later stages in pregnancy and at 11 weeks, you're still very early on! I hope it moves for you.

July 7th, 2011, 09:03 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think if its going to move it should move by 20-ish weeks. It is really common to have a full or partial previa at this point. It's just the way the placenta develops and grows with the uterus. I had a partial at 16 weeks with my first, but by 18 it was up where it was suppose to be. Don't worry yet! I bet it will move! Our bellies will be doing a lot of growing between now and then!

As far as the c/s. Yes, you will have to have a c/s if it does not move and stays a full previa. And it's one of the only times I feel like it's medically necessary. You will probably have some sort of bed rest. It depends on how your body responds. Some women have constant bleeding from being upright and having baby press down on the placenta. Some women are fine and can walk around fine. Totally depends!

But as I said, its really common to have a previa at this point and in all likelihood it will move up!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
July 7th, 2011, 09:09 AM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have researched this extensively, and you are still very very early! I am sure that it will move. Your baby is still very tiny and as the baby grows, the uterus expands and that is how the placenta moves.

I really would not worry about it at this point. You have plenty of time for it to move. At my last ultrasound, I only had a little of the placenta covering the cervix, and I had a full placenta previa when it was discovered. You will be surprised how quickly it moves as your baby grows.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 7th, 2011, 09:15 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope it moves for you by your next u/s. I know that has to be stressful. Big hugs!

July 7th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Thanks ladies! I'm glad to see that others have moved even later than now. I guess I do have tooonnnnsss of time! lol. I just knew I was going to get a phone call.. They took as long and acted the same as they did when they discovered Kayley's hydronephrosis. But since they werent focusing their attention on the baby I knew it was something else. So atleast I was expecting some bad news.. Can't wait to hear some good news at the next U/S. (hopefully)

July 7th, 2011, 09:50 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
If it doesn't move, you will have to have a c/s, but it often WILL move, and I hope that is the case for you! Bummer about the bedrest

July 7th, 2011, 01:36 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are definitely early and it really should move before delivery time! Try not to worry too much.

One more thing with regards to the c-section if it is needed. Depending on where the placenta lies it *could* mean you have to have an incision that is not low transverse because they will not want to cut through the placenta to get to the baby.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 7th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg76 View Post
You are definitely early and it really should move before delivery time! Try not to worry too much.

One more thing with regards to the c-section if it is needed. Depending on where the placenta lies it *could* mean you have to have an incision that is not low transverse because they will not want to cut through the placenta to get to the baby.
Yeah, I figured that.. Which is ok cuz I never show off my belly anyway thanks to the millions of stretch marks I got with the first pregnancy. I just really really don't want surgery. The surgery itself isnt scary, it's the recovery period. But, I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed since its still early and hope that it moves.

July 7th, 2011, 02:36 PM
boots&bowtie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to boots&bowtie
I hope it moves quickly for you!

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggie!

July 7th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully it will move up quickly... at least you have a reason for your spotting now. Hope that helps with anxiety at least!

July 7th, 2011, 03:12 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, at this point the baby is still very low down (close to your pubic bone) so the placenta will likely move as your uterus grows. The top of your uterus hits your belly button around 20 weeks, which is why they say that it usually fixes itself by that time, because it's now so much higher than it was.

I'll definitely though say prayers that all is well at your next ultrasound and that the placenta gets a move on!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 7th, 2011, 04:59 PM
The Natalie's Avatar !!!!!!!!!
I am so sorry hun!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search