Finding a doula!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2011, 10:03 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If anyone is interested in finding a doula in their area Doula Match - Find a Doula for your due date and area is a great resource! You can search your area and find a bunch of doula's profiles. They usually list their fees or if they are a new doula and looking for certification births they will say they are providing services for free or a reduced rate. You can see their certifications and read reviews. They also usually link to their personal websites.

If you guys have any questions about doulas and their work feel free to ask me or PM me!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
July 7th, 2011, 10:07 AM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
there are none within 100 miles of me

<3

<3
July 7th, 2011, 10:27 AM
HONEYBUNNY61's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No luck for me either, even though I searched the zip code of where my possible doula is.

This is her. Let me know what you think. Whoz Your Doula

VBAC, NATURAL BIRTHING, BREASTFEEDING, BABYWEARING, CLOTH DIAPERING MOM!
July 7th, 2011, 10:50 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So that's funny because she has the doulamatch calendar widget on her site. Have you heard back from her? The way doula match works is that the search works with your area and your due date. If you look at her calendar she doesn't have any availability in January. So she might not be an option for you. But otherwise if she can squeeze you in she looks like a great doula, judging by her qualifications! Looks like she has great experience in all things birth and breastfeeding. The only thing I would ask maybe is about the aromatherapy and the other non-pharmilogical things she offers... and I only say that because unless she has had specific training for those things outside of her doula training it's technically not within her "scope of practice" as a DONA doula. But I do think that other organizations don't have those perameters, which she did mention other organizations. Just something to ask... not really a make or break thing. Maybe its just me since I'm in the biz!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
July 7th, 2011, 12:07 PM
HONEYBUNNY61's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did hear back. I guess she just didn't fill her calendar that far???? We're meeting next week! I really didn't pay much attention to the aromatherapy stuff. But now I'm curious....

VBAC, NATURAL BIRTHING, BREASTFEEDING, BABYWEARING, CLOTH DIAPERING MOM!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search