Irritated with my midwife

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2011, 12:13 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
So there was a mix up with my u/s results when I had my last appointment and I finally had a moment to call and see if the results had come in. They had and my midwife tells me that there is a slight bleed in the placenta that should correct itself and they will be checking it during my routine u/s at 18 weeks and I have a cyst on my left ovary. She warned that I might have some bleeding which is normal and that if the cyst bursts it will be very painful. I am very angry that I had to ask for the results I mean to me they seem important enough that she should have called me when she got them. Is it just me? I guess I assumed that when she asked if it were okay to call me with results at my first appointment that she was actually going to follow through with that.

That being said has anyone or is anyone experiencing either of these during pregnancy? I would love some insight on what to expect without googling myself into a panic.
July 7th, 2011, 12:16 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Wow. I would be pissed too. Especially with the possibility of the cyst popping and causing a lot of pain. I mean if that would have happened and you didn't know what it was that was going on...I mean that is unnecessary panic.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 7th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Ursie77's Avatar Veteran
I had a cyst and yes it is very painful when it burst. I was crying like a baby. They gave me pain meds. It didn't harm the babies, in fact....every u/s I would see Sadie kicking at it. I would be pissed off too.

July 7th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Definitely, I'd be pissed. Did you ask why you weren't contacted?

July 7th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Ursula do you remember how long after you found out about the cyst that it burst? I hate sitting here waiting and worrying about the pain. It was my secondary midwife that called and on the friggin speaker phone!! So I decided to just talk to my primary in person at my next appointment and voice my frustration. I feel like the call was unproffesional in that I didnt feel it was private enough to ask questions like should I be on pelvic rest? ect. and that she should have called when she got the results not waited for me to call looking for them.
July 7th, 2011, 03:18 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First off, I would have asked to be taken off of speaker phone stating HIPAA laws. She very much broke those and can be sued for that if you so choose. Secondly, I too would be mad about not getting a call back. This was one of the (many) reasons that I switched doctors early on. I would have to call them for everything and I didn't think that was right. You should definitely be seeing someone who will call you right away with results, good or bad. I hope that you can get this worked out though. Adding even more stress by dealing with idiots is not good.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 7th, 2011, 03:46 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would definately be mad. If that cyst had burst and you didn't know what was going on, I couldn't even imagine the panic! Hope you don't have anymore issues with her.

July 7th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Ursie77's Avatar Veteran
I was in my 2nd tri. I was so glad for the heads up, cause that night when it happened I would have been so scared.

July 7th, 2011, 04:45 PM
~SarahDid~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~SarahDid~
I have bleeding between my placenta and uterus, or Sub Choronial Hemorrhage, they're going to check the status of it at my 20 week u/s. My OB said pelvic rest and no heavy lifting. He said putting me on bed rest wouldn't do much since there's no known cause and it will either correct itself or it won't. I read on the internet that every doctor varies on how they "treat" the SCH. I haven't had any vaginal bleeding yet, but was told to expect a little and if it starts to get heavy to immediately go to the ER for an u/s.

I've never personally had a cyst rupture so I can't tell you how that would feel, but I remember my mom had one and she was in a lot of pain with a lot of bleeding.

As far as the midwife not calling you, totally would be upset too. I do think that's something that you should have been told about as soon as the results were in. Also her talking to you on speaker phone is most definitely a HIPAA violation and is a serious crime. I hope when you voice your concerns they take you seriously and fix the issues. Otherwise it may be a good idea to go to someone else.

July 7th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Thank you for the information Sarah I think I will call tomorrow with some questions including whether I should be on pelvic rest or not because she gave ne no intructions and very little info.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search