Spotting... AARGH!!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I totally jinxed myself on Tuesday morning... At my midwife appointment I was telling her that I'd been making myself crazy thinking about things and that after reading a lot of these posts I was starting to wonder if there was something wrong because I hadn't been spotting and most of my symptoms had mostly gone away.

Last night when I got home from work, I went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was a little brown blood. Nothing the rest of the night. We'd DTD the night before and there was some discomfort so I wasn't too surprised to see it. But then this morning early when I got up to pee there was newer blood. It was still just when I wiped, not enough to even get on my underwear. It's been happening on and off all day so far. My midwife said that it was pretty normal after DTD and that I shouldn't worry unless the bleeding gets heavier or I start cramping. I decided to take the day off and just keep my feet up, more for my peace of mind than anything else.

I'm trying really hard to not be too nervous about this, I know if can be totally normal. But we couldn't hear the heartbeat on Tuesday and it's hard not to be worried. The midwife said that we could order another u/s, which is very tempting since I haven't had one since my 6th week. But it would cost me another $500 and if there isn't any reason...

Anywho, thanks for letting me get this out. DB is great but I just don't think he understands the worry, especially after the midwife said it was okay.

July 7th, 2011, 01:30 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It deff is normal to spot after dtd. Just take it easy and maybe put urself on some pelvic rest for the rest of the week and see if it stops. It should be ok tho. KUP tho

July 7th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks... it's now been a couple hours since I've had any so hopefully that will be that. As much as I'd like an excuse to have another u/s, I'd rather have no reason before my 20 week scan.

July 7th, 2011, 03:03 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree about pelvic rest. DH and I decided to do the same because we found out at my last appointment that I have a cervical polyp and were told that it would probably cause spotting after DTD. So for the time being, that's not happening because neither of us want the freak out that will come with the spotting, even knowing why. You made a good call about taking the day off and resting. I'm sure that things will be just fine as long as you keep that man away from you for a bit!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 7th, 2011, 03:48 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would spot for days after DTD when I was pg with DD. It would be brown one minute then a light red the next. Very scary. Hope the spotting stops soon. Try to remember that your cervix is very sensitive right now.

July 7th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies... I guess what's freaking me out a little is that we've been DTD a lot, I mean a lot (my libido has been pretty through the roof!) and this is the first time I've had any spotting. I know that the blood volume has been building up and that everything is a lot more sensitive. I guess I was starting to exhale a little because I was getting so close to the end of the first trimester and hadn't had a single problem. I'm just trying to not think about it too much...

July 8th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So I'm still spotting... I suspected yesterday that I might have a UTI, but I'm not having any symptoms other than peeing frequently. My midwife is still not concerned, it hasn't gotten worse and the only cramping I've had is the same very mild cramping that I've had on and off since I got pregnant. But I'm going crazy with worry so she gave me the name of a clinic in the next town that does low cost u/s and I'm going in this afternoon.

I feel pretty ridiculous because I can't stop worrying and I've been crying a bit. I have to go in to work for a few hours today and hope I can be there without leaking! I don't want to deal with all the concern and sympathy right now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search