Food for thought

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2011, 08:15 AM
~SarahDid~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~SarahDid~
Since I'm always thinking about food I thought I would make a survey based on just that... food!

How do you prefer your eggs?

Pancakes or waffles? What do you put on them?

Favorite pizza? Do you dip it in anything?

How do you like your steak?

Favorite way to eat a potato? FF, baked, potato salad etc.

How do you dress your cheese/hamburger?

Is there a food item you love but get funny looks when eating it?

July 8th, 2011, 08:32 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
How do you prefer your eggs? Over easy.

Pancakes or waffles? What do you put on them? Mmm French Toast. just butter and syrup

Favorite pizza? Do you dip it in anything? bacon and black olives and my favorite delivery pizza is a Pizza Hut pan crust. *drool*

How do you like your steak? Med/Rare with LOTS of A1

Favorite way to eat a potato? FF, baked, potato salad etc. This is a hard one! Potato Salad if my FIL made it. Baked otherwise.

How do you dress your cheese/hamburger? cheese, mayo, either ketchup or BBQ and red onions

Is there a food item you love but get funny looks when eating it? My husband makes fun of me because I like ketchup on my lunch sandwiches and he thinks anyone over the age of 12 should use mustard. Besides that...no...I think I'm good.

And now I am starving!

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 8th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Jaiyannah
How do you prefer your eggs? Scram

Pancakes or waffles?what do you put on them? Pancakes and i put syurp on them lots of it

Favorite pizza?do you dip it anything? Deep dish with pineapples and candian bacon. yes i do ranch or thousand island..mmmm good

How do you like your steak? Well done

Favorite way to eat a potato? All way french fries baked witge bacon sour cream and cheese

How do you dress your cheeseburger/hamburger? I prefer cheeseburger i love cheese i like lettuece,tomatoes i like pickles but baby doesnt

Is there a food item you love but get funny looks when eating? Yes purple grapes with strawberrt yogurt dh looks at me funny he hates grapes
July 8th, 2011, 08:37 AM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
Mmmmmm food!

How do you prefer your eggs? I like them soft boiled or over easy. The whites HAVE to be cooked properly, but I like the yolks super runny. Mmmmmm. With toast to dip, too.

Pancakes or waffles? What do you put on them? Maple syrup, always. Whipped cream occasionally.

Favorite pizza? Do you dip it in anything? I love pizza with tomato sauce, mozza, green pepper, and pineapple OR with tomato sauce, soft goat cheese, roasted red peppers, hot soppressata, carmelized onions, and roasted zucchini OR with pesto, boccocini, soft goat cheese, and fresh arugula on top. (I used to cook at a high end Italian pizza joint, so that's where those second and third recipes come from.) And I don't dip them in anything.

How do you like your steak? Blue rare, or even less cooked, ideally.

Favorite way to eat a potato? My mom's potato salad is amazing, and I really like cubed baked potatoes fried in bacon fat with onions. Mmmmmm.

How do you dress your cheese/hamburger? I don't like burgers, so as much stuff as possible to hide the fact that I'm eating a burger! Definitely carmelized onions.

Is there a food item you love but get funny looks when eating it? Hmmm... I really love pickles and I will often stab a big one with a fork and walk around the house eating it. Apparently that's weird! Ummmm I think that's it, really.

July 8th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Chellie's Avatar Veteran
Over medium on toast

Pancakes with butter & maple syrup

Thin crust, ricotta cheese, sausage, pineapple, olives, mozzarella - no sauce
Salami, pineapple, onions, banana peppers - with sauce

If I order from Papa John's (rarely), I dip in that yummy garlic sauce. No dip otherwise.

Med-rare filet mignon with Bearnaise sauce

Lyonnaise or my holiday mashed potatoes. I call them holiday mashed potatoes because they're so unhealthy I only make them 2 or 3 times a year for holidays!

Fried onions, pickles, sweet relish, lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup, mayo - with cheese, of course!

I eat pineapple on pretty much all my pizza. This is (jokingly) how DF & I knew we were meant to be; we've never met anyone else who puts pineapple on like EVERY pizza, and we get some weird looks for doing it!

July 8th, 2011, 09:02 AM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
Since I'm always thinking about food I thought I would make a survey based on just that... food!

How do you prefer your eggs? sunnyside up or devilled
Pancakes or waffles? What do you put on them? neither
Favorite pizza? Do you dip it in anything? usually plain and I only dip it at pizza pizza with the garlic dipping sauce
How do you like your steak? Idon't
Favorite way to eat a potato? FF, baked, potato salad etc. I love potatoes way too much to have a favorite way of eating them
How do you dress your cheese/hamburger? I like my hamburger with lettuce, mustard, banana peppers and dill pickles
Is there a food item you love but get funny looks when eating it? yes I love eating a sandwhich with just mustard and cheddar cheese and my whole family makes fun of me for it
July 8th, 2011, 09:03 AM
The Natalie's Avatar !!!!!!!!!
How do you prefer your eggs? Over easy and slightly peppered.

Pancakes or waffles? What do you put on them? Pancakes little bit of butter and a little bit of syrup.

Favorite pizza? Do you dip it in anything? This pizza from Sbarro in the mall back home: Pizza Blanca (White Pizza) Our hand-stretched pizza dough is topped with ricotta cheese sauce, mozzarella, a dash of marinated garlic and olive oil, and is then baked to crisp, golden perfection for a signature taste only Sbarro can provide.

How do you like your steak? Medium rare with A1 just to add extra flavor.

Favorite way to eat a potato? FF, baked, potato salad etc. Baked for sure.

How do you dress your cheese/hamburger? With pickles and ketchup or mayo and mustard, but never ketchup along with mustard/mayo.

Is there a food item you love but get funny looks when eating it? I've been known to drink olive juice and it always gets strange looks from dh.

July 8th, 2011, 09:16 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
This is making my mouth water

How do you prefer your eggs? Scrambled with cheese, on a piece of toast with ketchup!

Pancakes or waffles? What do you put on them? Pancakes! Choc chips IN them and syrup ON them!

Favorite pizza? Do you dip it in anything? Meat lovers. Sometimes I dip the crust in ranch

How do you like your steak? I don't eat steak

Currently french fries with lots of ketchup

How do you dress your cheese/hamburger? Lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, ketchup

Is there a food item you love but get funny looks when eating it? I don't think so, but DH thinks ketchup on my eggs is weird

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 8th, 2011, 09:28 AM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How do you prefer your eggs? Dippy

Pancakes or waffles? What do you put on them? like them both with butter and syrup

Favorite pizza? Do you dip it in anything? triple cheese and bacon.

How do you like your steak? very well done with A1

Favorite way to eat a potato? FF, baked, potato salad etc. hmm I love all types of potatoes.

How do you dress your cheese/hamburger? cheese, ketchup, mustard, and pickles.

Is there a food item you love but get funny looks when eating it? Cheese and mustard sandwhich.

July 8th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Veteran
How do you prefer your eggs? Scrambled with cheese.

Pancakes or waffles? What do you put on them? Both, with powdered sugar.

Favorite pizza? Do you dip it in anything? Pizza Hut hand tossed with ham and mushrooms and easy on the sauce, no dipping. I'm uber picky about pizza.

How do you like your steak? Medium rare...I LOVE a really good steak!

Favorite way to eat a potato? FF, baked, potato salad etc. My mom's or my own mashed potatoes. I can't stand most restaurant mashed potatoes, but homemade are soooo good.

How do you dress your cheese/hamburger? With cheddar cheese and bacon or with provolone and sauteed mushrooms. I despise condiments, and I mean despise them, as in I can't even wash off a plate that has ketchup on it.

Is there a food item you love but get funny looks when eating it? I love uncooked Pillsbury crescent rolls. Whenever I make them, I eat one straight out of the can. DH thinks it's disgusting but I love it!

Thank you so much .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

July 8th, 2011, 09:56 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How do you prefer your eggs? runny, any way. soft boiled, over easy, poached.

Pancakes or waffles? What do you put on them? eh, neither. if I do have them, butter and powdered sugar

Favorite pizza? Do you dip it in anything? I like NY style thin crust pizza with black olives, anchovies, onions and garlic. If there is garlic sauce Iwill dip the crust but otherwise I think dipping pizza is weird Although, I do like to put hot sauce on it once in a while. Especially on pineapple and bacon pizza.

How do you like your steak? very rare, to the point of barely being cooked.

Favorite way to eat a potato? FF, baked, potato salad etc. Really i have no idea. I like fries and mashed best I guess. I used to HATE potato salad, but I am starting to enjoy it more.

How do you dress your cheese/hamburger? cheese, bacon, carmelized onion, mushsroom. or salsa, hccese and avocado. I eat it without the bun.

Is there a food item you love but get funny looks when eating it? butter. Yup, I slice off a peice of butter and eat it like cheese. Yum!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 8th, 2011, 10:01 AM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
Sunnyside up, on a sandwich

both equally. syrup

papajohns pepperoni, toma tomato, and banana peppers. i'm not a dipper, but i used to dip in ranch

medium with grilled shrimp

Favorite way to eat a potato?
baked with ranch, butter, a1, sour cream, bacon bits

ketchup, lettuce, tomato

not really

<3

<3
July 8th, 2011, 10:06 AM
MamaRed's Avatar Veteran
How do you prefer your eggs? Over medium

Pancakes or waffles? What do you put on them? Pancakes with warm maple syrup (no butter)

Favorite pizza? Do you dip it in anything? Dominos crunchy thin crust, with robust sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella and cheddar cheese. SOOOOO Yummy! No dipping for me.

How do you like your steak? Medium well with blue cheese melted on top if I can get it.

Favorite way to eat a potato? FF, baked, potato salad etc. Definitely mashed with gravy

How do you dress your cheese/hamburger? If it's a regular cheeseburger ... ketchup, lettuce and onion. If it's a "fancy" burger ... blue cheese crumbles, baby spinach and spicy brown mustard.

Is there a food item you love but get funny looks when eating it? French fries dipped in a chocolate milkshake
July 8th, 2011, 11:00 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
How do you prefer your eggs? Not on my plate?? LOL I don't really like them the breakfast ways. I like egg salad and deviled eggs though.

Pancakes or waffles? What do you put on them? Either! Butter and way too much syrup!

Favorite pizza? Do you dip it in anything? Veggie or supreme...marinara sauce if it is available.

How do you like your steak? Medium well-well with lots of flavor or seasonings.

Favorite way to eat a potato? FF, baked, potato salad etc. Baked with butter, sour cream and cheese.

How do you dress your cheese/hamburger? Pickles, onions, tomato, ketchup, and mustard or mayo. I'll also take some hots every now and then.

Is there a food item you love but get funny looks when eating it? I can't think of one...

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 8th, 2011, 11:38 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
How do you prefer your eggs? fried i think is what they are called.

Pancakes or waffles? What do you put on them? pancakes...just syrup.

Favorite pizza? Do you dip it in anything? digornio stuffed crust.

How do you like your steak? not a big fan but if i ate it it had better be wellll done

Favorite way to eat a potato? FF, baked, potato salad etc. anyway hah i love potatoes.

How do you dress your cheese/hamburger? yuck again not a fan.

Is there a food item you love but get funny looks when eating it? not really.
July 8th, 2011, 06:14 PM
~SarahDid~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~SarahDid~
How do you prefer your eggs? Over easy, lots of yolk and buttered bread to sop it up!

Pancakes or waffles? Waffles. Butter and chocolate sauce!

Favorite pizza? Do you dip it in anything? Pepperoni and I dip it in ketchup, mustard and ranch.

How do you like your steak? Rare with A1 and ketchup.

Favorite way to eat a potato? FF, baked, potato salad etc. Probably FF with brown gravy.

How do you dress your cheese/hamburger? No cheese, tomato, onion, ketchup, mustard, mayo and pickles.

Is there a food item you love but get funny looks when eating it? Sardines in mustard sauce. SO thinks this is disgusting. Also flaming hot cheetohs dipped in cream cheese.

July 8th, 2011, 06:20 PM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
Yum! Good idea!

How do you prefer your eggs? Scrambled

Pancakes or waffles? What do you put on them? Waffles, butter and maple syrup

Favorite pizza? Do you dip it in anything? Mushroom and dip it in Papa Johns garlic sauce

How do you like your steak? medium with onions and mushrooms

Favorite way to eat a potato? FF, baked, potato salad etc. My dads potato salad or garlic and parsley mashed potatoes

How do you dress your cheese/hamburger? Cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup

Is there a food item you love but get funny looks when eating it? My husband hates the way I eat a pickle. I eat it one part at a time. A whole pickle gets eaten outside in, and a wedge pickle gets the seeds eaten first, then the outside

July 8th, 2011, 07:41 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How do you prefer your eggs? Over easy or deviled

Pancakes or waffles? What do you put on them? Umm both? lol. I could eat pancakes or waffles all day long. My fave are buckwheat cakes with vanilla yogurt and applesauce. I also really love the Smuckers fruit syrups.

Favorite pizza? Do you dip it in anything? Pizza Hut flat crust veggie pizza. I don't dip it.

How do you like your steak? Rare with ketchup! It's all about the ketchup!

Favorite way to eat a potato? FF, baked, potato salad etc. I could eat a potato any way. I LOVE tater tots, mashed potatoes and potato salad.

How do you dress your cheese/hamburger? Mustard, mayo, ketchup, tomato, lettuce, dill pickles and onion

Is there a food item you love but get funny looks when eating it? Canned carrots. I'm addicted to them. I eat them straight from the can with salt. They make DH gag lol.

July 9th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How do you prefer your eggs? I like them pretty much anyway except over hard. Scrambled, fried, over easy, poached, soft boiled, hard boiled.

Pancakes or waffles? What do you put on them? Neither, but I do get a hankering for IHOP's Oat and Nut pancakes about once every two years. YUM.

Favorite pizza? Do you dip it in anything? I'm not a huge fan of pizza, but I will have a slice now and then. Mushroom and bacon would be my favorite but no one ever orders it like that.

How do you like your steak? Medium rare. If I'm at a restaurant, I usually order my steak rare because it will inevitably be overcooked anyway.

Favorite way to eat a potato? FF, baked, potato salad etc. Not a potato fan at all. Yuck.

How do you dress your cheese/hamburger? American cheese, bacon, mayonnaise, ketchup, and a huge slice of onion; or bacon, mushroom, and swiss cheese.

Is there a food item you love but get funny looks when eating it? Kimchi (Korean spicy fermented cabbage).

July 9th, 2011, 06:29 AM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How do you prefer your eggs? over easy

Pancakes or waffles? What do you put on them? pancakes with raw fruit, butter and 100% maple syrup

Favorite pizza? Do you dip it in anything? pepperoni & pineapple - occasionally ranch dressing

How do you like your steak? medium-rare.. anything else, might as well find a different meat IMO

Favorite way to eat a potato? FF, baked, potato salad etc. french fries

How do you dress your cheese/hamburger? always cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomato, red onion, mustard, ketchup

Is there a food item you love but get funny looks when eating it? hmm, nothing I can think of. I always try things once

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search